Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar ... Crobar ... Crobar

vipnerd

Originally posted by crobarmiami

Digweed will be at Back Door Bamby Soon, I know that.

Aww hell yeah, what a way to start getting the shit together. I'll be there and saleen y u hating on every euro dj, you gonna be missing out on lots of amazing nights if u miss everytime a euro dj is playing. Glad we finally got somebody posting here for crobar also and wish you guys the best of luck and hope you guys can bring us some great nights like in the past.

Originally posted by crobarmiami

Now we are Talking, Loving all the feedback.

Digweed will be at Back Door Bamby Soon, I know that.

Cedric Has been tearing it up lately, Thursday Nights in The Vip Room is one of the bests night at Crobar.

As far as Friday goes, Edgar V was there on the 13th with a crazy fashion show which got a little out of hand. Look to see him there.

Dirty Vegas (Not alot of people's style here but new talent) Had Crobar filled to the Max.

You will see all types of djs in the near future, especially with Back Door Bamby.

We just hired Russ back to the marketing department and he has told me personally that he wants to bring back what Crobar once had when it first opened which is a more personal appeal. Its early but can gurantee you, that there are gonna be some crazy fun nights at Crobar, Like old.

So who are you CrobarMiami CP poster? I was talking to someone last night that has inside info on Crobar, and they don't know who you are........... So do you work there or what?

Originally posted by lolahotass

So who are you CrobarMiami CP poster? I was talking to someone last night that has inside info on Crobar, and they don't know who you are........... So do you work there or what?

Don't know who he/she is either ... but Digweed is coming to Back Door Bambi ... (direct source ) :eek::D :D

Originally posted by rcrespo

digweed @ back door would be in the vip or in the main room ala sasha .. in the vip would be a more intimate set :)

I think Ramon in would be downstairs ... how long is it since Digweed played a non-WMC set in Miami?? ...

Plus ... that Phazon would be tuned to perfection for Diggers ... :hat:

Originally posted by rcrespo

he played a year or two ago on a Wednesday at Crobar I believe. I'll be there regardless I haven't heard the man solo in like 3 years.

At least 2 years ... maybe James can help us ... :hat:

:confused::rolleyes::blank:

the day was friday march 23, 2001 the day that i discovered what 'feeling the vibe and feeling the club" was all about. "after groovejet ofcourse" it was the therapy party at crobar for wmc. the location was crobar. i will never forget this evening with talent like anthony pappa, slacker, max graham, dj remy, and timo maas. last year i was able to catch talent @ crobar the likes of sander kleinenberg, satoshi tomiie, james zabiela, parks & wilson & quivver, and oh, i forgot to mention these two guys called chris fortier & steve porter....wow.....what a shame that crobar has gone down the drain like it has. i really do wish that crobar re-establish itself as a super-power in the dancing scene. but as for now, i wouldn't go to crobar if u paid me. i think it's whack. cedric is a downer. he can not even stand next to some of our local talent like dj roland, jon cowan, michael louis, ariel baund, stryke, need i continue???? oh, i almost forgot jimmy t. but it's all good. because with the opening of nerve and the talent that is coming down this year to this club will have me going somewhere else to dance my arse off than space34.

peace

Originally posted by mrmovement33

:confused::rolleyes::blank:

the day was friday march 23, 2001 the day that i discovered what 'feeling the vibe and feeling the club" was all about. "after groovejet ofcourse" it was the therapy party at crobar for wmc. the location was crobar. i will never forget this evening with talent like anthony pappa, slacker, max graham, dj remy, and timo maas. last year i was able to catch talent @ crobar the likes of sander kleinenberg, satoshi tomiie, james zabiela, parks & wilson & quivver, and oh, i forgot to mention these two guys called chris fortier & steve porter....wow.....what a shame that crobar has gone down the drain like it has. i really do wish that crobar re-establish itself as a super-power in the dancing scene. but as for now, i wouldn't go to crobar if u paid me. i think it's whack. cedric is a downer. he can not even stand next to some of our local talent like dj roland, jon cowan, michael louis, ariel baund, stryke, need i continue???? oh, i almost forgot jimmy t. but it's all good. because with the opening of nerve and the talent that is coming down this year to this club will have me going somewhere else to dance my arse off than space34.

peace

Agree w/you 100% Abe ... :hat:

With all these talks about crobar's past great moments, thought it would be cool if everybody just posted their favorite night there.

Mine would have to be sasha on his airdrawndagger tour with JZ (jiggaman) opening up for him. Truly a magical night and was also my first night there. Nick warren would be a close second, but that sasha night was special. By the way crobar people if u reading this, bring the memories back with some crazy lineups for us. Digweed is a great start.

i agree with u 100% dude. i hope that the crobar management is listening to this post. but unfortunately, like eddy guerra said. the management thinks it ain't broke so why fix it.

digweed @ crobar would be sick. then i'd be able to actually have some fuckin re-entry and smoke my bowl like i was dieing to do when i saw diggers @ space34.

ignorance abounds all over. some of you people need to do your homework instead of talking all the time. blah blah blah..

when was the last time you were in crobar on a saturday? that place is fucking stuffed with the best looking girls in miami and cedric throws it hard and is on perfect point with the crowd, besides he drops crazy shit from robbie rivera, murk, etc. alot beside producing his own tracks too- what more do you want? he plays great sets, more impressive than i thought he would be these days- and the only reason i was thinking that way is because i had not been in there on a saturday night in a long, long time.

the only shit that someone could talk about crobar is that it is a bit commercial due to having clubs in NY & Chicago, and has now become sort of a brand.

commercial it may be- but cedric gervais is the exception. i have been really impressed the last times i have gone in the past few months. that main floor grooves and gets down 110% and it is packed til close- rare in miami anywhere these days. they have to kick everyone out at 5am! now, a year ago, crobar did not have that vibe that it has picked up of recent. it's worth checking out if you have not been lately.

oh and if you don't look good or aren't dressed well- they may leave you standing on the sidewalk for a while- hence the good crowd inside... so i know why some people may not like it. and oh my god!!! - you might have to pay to get in !!! :laugh:

i agree more guest dj's would be great. and matas- have to agree with your point about re-entry- we all need to be able to sneak out and have a smoke break to fire the night up a little

I’m pretty much done with crobar. the place reminds me of an oversized bar, masquerading as a nightclub. the vibe sucks most of the time. the front door people are rude as f*ck, unless you have a $20 bill in your hand. they need a solid house dj; sorry cedric and juan don’t cut it imo. the females are in abundance, complete with the sobe attitude to match. :rolleyes: the dress code is selective bullsh*t., it’s SOBE 2003 dress to be comfortable. seems to work well for most other clubs.. :idea:

but like someone said; if it isn’t broke don’t fix it. just continue to let space, Maze, etc chip away at your audience until they erode it completely.:blank: I do give them props for back door bamby, because it’s one the best weekly parties in south florida. ;)

imo crobar’s best days are behind them, unless they wake up soon. :(

Originally posted by Shadowz

ignorance abounds all over. some of you people need to do your homework instead of talking all the time. blah blah blah..

when was the last time you were in crobar on a saturday? that place is fucking stuffed with the best looking girls in miami and cedric throws it hard and is on perfect point with the crowd, besides he drops crazy shit from robbie rivera, murk, etc. alot beside producing his own tracks too- what more do you want? he plays great sets, more impressive than i thought he would be these days- and the only reason i was thinking that way is because i had not been in there on a saturday night in a long, long time.

the only shit that someone could talk about crobar is that it is a bit commercial due to having clubs in NY & Chicago, and has now become sort of a brand.

commercial it may be- but cedric gervais is the exception. i have been really impressed the last times i have gone in the past few months. that main floor grooves and gets down 110% and it is packed til close- rare in miami anywhere these days. they have to kick everyone out at 5am! now, a year ago, crobar did not have that vibe that it has picked up of recent. it's worth checking out if you have not been lately.

oh and if you don't look good or aren't dressed well- they may leave you standing on the sidewalk for a while- hence the good crowd inside... so i know why some people may not like it. and oh my god!!! - you might have to pay to get in !!! :laugh:

i agree more guest dj's would be great. and matas- have to agree with your point about re-entry- we all need to be able to sneak out and have a smoke break to fire the night up a little

Well ... nice to finally see SOMEONE officially posting here for Crobar ... :aright:

Two things to keep in mind ... for the sakes of a great club gone down hill ...

1) Start looking for fresh new faces that have and/or can create a following ... and I'm referring to DJs here ...

2) Get some of that great talent booked again ... how many times can you bring down JW? ... and then noone else for sooooo long?

Your image gave you the $$$$$$ ... even more so than location ... heard from direct sources that "working there was no longer what it used to be ... very Hialeah crowd now" (no pun intended) ...

How do you change this? ... it is more difficult to correct a bent tree once it's grown ...

Your door was always your IMAGE ... Teresa is a KOOL KAT ... with the right door people you will get those "floaters" on Washington Ave. ...

But to get the locals ... those who filled with vibe the main dance floor and ... the "A"" list that filled your VIP (no pun intended again):D ... you will need more than just free admission ... free drinks ... you NEED to give them a quality product ...

Surely you can fill a Saturday night there ... the idea is to get the 'Cream of the crop" clubbers once again ... and for this you need a musical director with BALL$ to decide was is the best interest for your club ...

I think you know what I mean by now ... good luck ... I still LOVE CROBAR ...

PS: Who are you? :rolleyes:

Vip :hat:

Shadowz:

The CP crew was at crobar during the good days, where guest DJs were booked all the time, and the doorstaff was extravagant, yes, but kind and courteous. Doron, Chantille, Tommy (he's still there, but inside...), even Fabrizio, they were the gold standard of doorpeople...they had the attitude people expected, but if they saw you a lot, it was in ya go, regardless of guy-girl content in your group. I flew solo 99 percent of the time going to crobar, and I got in in 10 minutes or less, even before I was working the scene. Did I dress well? Hardly...my idea of dressing up involved a pair of jeans from Marco's shop, along with a tshirt from the same place...support your local designers btw!...but I 'acted the part' and got in. BTW, that's the secret to most "mob scene" doors...don't go in these massive squads of people. Go in in groups of 4 maximum, at your own pace...you'll get in quicker. Besides, you're all gonna meet at the back bar anyway.

Last year at this time was a good example of the 'good' crobar. If I remember correctly, for like 4 or 5 weekends in a row, there was top talent in the joint. Erick Morillo, Chris Fortier, DJ Three, Satoshi Tomiie, Nick Warren, Danny Howells, and Josh Wink...it was like half the Balance roster relocated to Miami for a month! I practically lived at the venue for 4 weeks.

I'll pay for a good DJ...I'm sorry, but Cedric doesn't qualify as such really...he can stitch 2 tracks together, but not in a noteworthy fashion. A good crobar resident is Stefan Luke...produces, DJs, plus he's got some ultra-innovative DJ software in the works.

Besides, the general rule of thumb at crobar's always been that only tourists really pay.

The real music scene has left crobar lately. Nerve, Space 34, and even Maze have grabbed their regular guest DJs. Now, the new poster 'crobarmiami' has said some guests are in the works, and I hope so, since I really do like the club...some good friends of mine work there, and it's a shame that my night job hasn't taken me there recently.

As for the girl content...ya know what? None of them want anything to do with you! It's all a tease... I know, we can smell our own. Most of the girl patrons of crobar are brain-dead gold-diggers scoping out the VIP anyway. Unless you make $200+ K a year and have an AmEx Platinum, you're SOL. Give me a real girl who knows the scene, doesn't mind getting wasted at the Deuce, and has more than 10 braincells any day of the week.

Originally posted by sunnyhost

Hey I hope u r not being facecious! From time to time u can't beat cheap pool...cheap beers...and juke box music!:D

I'm not kidding either!

true!

I forgot that sometimes u like to get trashed at those cheap bars in Coconut Grove. :laugh: :laugh: ;)

pod, i couldn't agree with you more my friend. this time last year crobar was off the chain. the steve lawler "lights out tour" and sean cusick & three to name a few. but, it's all gravy. i hate those snobby chicks as well. they are downers. now don't get me wrong their are snobby hoes everywhere. but, i'd rather be sucked for every penny i have listening to quality music than going on a downer listening to mad wack cedric. please restore life back to crobar:mad: ;)