Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need Honest Feedback, Dj's I want to Bring to Sobe

djdekan

Making a list of dj's (Young and Talented) that I want to bring to South Beach for Partys. Looking for Dj's who would love the exposure here in Miami.

Victor Dinaire (Arc Resident)

Pete Mousto (Glow Resident)

And a NYC Party (Saleen Give me some names)

with some metromix dj's

Bigger Names that should be here on occasions.

JP

Richie Hawtin

Misteress Barbara

Give me feedback, Stay Tuned for The Kick off Party for Naked Crew Productions (Beginning July) with a Very Special DJ :}

not for nothing.. however miami is full of young and talented dj 's, who would love some exposure. so why bring in out of town talent :confused: anyway mikey bugout and mike apotheosis, would be my choices as far as metromix dj's. .. ;)

Granted we need to support our local talents, new and established, but we should also support out of towners who are trying or have made a name for themselves in the industry.

Why limit ourselves? Knowledge is power and the more talent we're exposed to, the better off we are.

Just my two cents...by the way, check with the marketing director's at the clubs and certain promoters to bring in new talent. If its worth it $$$ wise, then I guess you'd have a good shot.

I heard Infusion was at Nerve and they put on one hell of a show. So you see there is hope after all!!!

Originally posted by cheekeetika

I heard Infusion was at Nerve and they put on one hell of a show. So you see there is hope after all!!!

Infusion is hardly new but I'm glad they are finally getting the respect they deserve.

Honestly I would love to see like Mistress Barbara here. I think she would own this place.

Unfortunately the tolerance for Techno here is not what I would like it to be.

<rant>

About doing something different I am trying to do. I'm doing a downtempo/tech-house/minimal techno night on a Sunday of all days at a venue that doesn't even play house. :)

how's thats for inventive.

</rant>

I would love to have something like Tronic Treatment/NYEX here, but unfortunately people don't want to take that chance here.

Originally posted by rcrespo

Infusion is hardly new but I'm glad they are finally getting the respect they deserve.

Honestly I would love to see like Mistress Barbara here. I think she would own this place.

Unfortunately the tolerance for Techno here is not what I would like it to be.

<rant>

About doing something different I am trying to do. I'm doing a downtempo/tech-house/minimal techno night on a Sunday of all days at a venue that doesn't even play house. :)

how's thats for inventive.

</rant>

I would love to have something like Tronic Treatment/NYEX here, but unfortunately people don't want to take that chance here.

They might not be new to the rest of the world who might be more familiar with them, but from I've read on CP, they are new to the scene down here. Wish I could have seen them, but i had a prior engagement...Maybe next time!

Originally posted by cheekeetika

They might not be new to the rest of the world who might be more familiar with them, but from I've read on CP, they are new to the scene down here. Wish I could have seen them, but i had a prior engagement...Maybe next time!

I'm sure they will be back. They played 3 times during WMC.

Vibe/Forward Thinking Music Party - Tuesday

Tronic/Long Night Out - Wed

Marine Parade - Fri

I saw them on Tue/Fri

However they have gotten so much better since WMC which frankly scares me.

They are definitely a do not miss act.

Originally posted by rcrespo

I'm sure they will be back. They played 3 times during WMC.

Vibe/Forward Thinking Music Party - Tuesday

Tronic/Long Night Out - Wed

Marine Parade - Fri

I saw them on Tue/Fri

However they have gotten so much better since WMC which frankly scares me.

They are definitely a do not miss act.

I gotta catch them next time they're here...:D

dekan..honestly...

alot of people down here ove Dj Wag

he was here maybe 8 months ago over at Level and COMPLETELY packed the place...i heard from over 30 sources that were there that not only was it one of the best sets they had ever heard, but the vibe was extraordinairy and they would love to see him again.

He never plays here in the States much, and he is definitely a great act, in fact, since Level, he has come out with some sick ass tracks...and im sure it would make for a memorable set.

Dj Wag (from the sets that i have from him recently...) has played everywhere from hard trance to tech, to epic, and a bit of progressive

and he has a funky ass name too.... Iwe...lol

BTW- i said Wag because yes..hes trance, just like george, talla, Armin, Tiesto, Edgar, Taucher, (Insert any other trance name here)....but..he is a fresh face in our scene...didnt even get down here for WMC...so im sure people would love to see him soon. MY friend was planning on renting out a club and having him come in and play, all because he had such a good time when he last saw him.

:hat: hit me back on the PM and we will chat more! i have a huge list of progressive/house/trance dj's that im sure ud be interested in.

Level is packed due to clever marketing, never due to a certain DJ on the decks...Wag or any other run-of-the mill euro-trance DJ wouldn't make a difference there, and at any other club the place'd be empty.

Pod,

if that was the case..then why would dekan want us to giv ehim feedback on what dj's to bring in?

if it was up to "clever marketing", any dj would fill up a club that does their work right ...no?

btw- it wasnt Level that set up that event anyways...it was Frank, G-A's manager.

all im saying is, it would be great to hear something different from someone mainstream, or housey. Im down to hear Richie Hawtin, BEn Sims, Chris Leibing, Donald Glaude, Dj Montana, Lisa Lashes, Mistress Barbara, Hennes & Cold, Tony De Vit, Ferry Corsten, ....i could go on....

the list is huge of talent that hasnt fully been exposed to the scene down here, but until someone books them, there will be NO exposure and we will stick to the same scene until leeching clubbers dry it out completely.

Im not saying that clubs need to be ahead with their marketing and acts to keep things consistent with clubbers, but is there really such a bad thing with switching it up a bit? Sure, we have monthly residencies here and there, but its the same genre of style....

It'd be nice for sure, but it's very tricky down here with the masses, they're used to their usual DJs, and taking that away can sometimes have adverse reactions...but for Pete, it would be good if he could do it...since I know he'll do small events first.

BTW, Tony De Vit has been dead for about 5 years now (RIP, he was an excellent DJ)

sweetheart you did miss one hell of a show when you missed infusion. in my opinion the best set i have heard in 2003 and in the top 3 sets of all time to my heart, feet, and soul.

1. craig richards & lee burridge

2. misstress barbara

3. evil nine & ils

4. grant dell

5. "evil" eddie richards

6. doc martin

7. plump dj's

just to name a few

Originally posted by pod

It'd be nice for sure, but it's very tricky down here with the masses, they're used to their usual DJs, and taking that away can sometimes have adverse reactions...but for Pete, it would be good if he could do it...since I know he'll do small events first.

BTW, Tony De Vit has been dead for about 5 years now (RIP, he was an excellent DJ)

Wow i didnt know..ive only heard a few things about Tony de Vit...a friend was speaking of him earlier i nthe week and i just happened to throw his name out...lol so i guess for the sake of argument...switch his name with..hmmm....James Lavelle...cool? :cool:

Originally posted by spacecadet888

Wow i didnt know..ive only heard a few things about Tony de Vit...a friend was speaking of him earlier i nthe week and i just happened to throw his name out...lol so i guess for the sake of argument...switch his name with..hmmm....James Lavelle...cool? :cool:

fyi carlos ...

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/m_johnston1/tdv_01.htm

i have been in nyc for the last week and here are some of the guys that i have heard rock it:

hisham samawi and brendan benke (native theory)

112 crew (bill patrick, dennis rogers, matt)

swamy

gabby from astroglyde

frankie pep

:)