Clubplanet Nightlife Community

We Need Roxy Fridays Back

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

:D

i know Danny is a major hypocrite...he calls it Be Yourself but then u cant do some shit u wana do...

look @ it this way..u miss ur Roxy Fridays..u want them back..i miss my Vinyl Fridays I want them back ..if roxy opened back up on Fridays im sure the vinyl crowd would go back to what it used to be because the Roxy crowd could go back to Roxy

there's a lot u guys arent seeing with this whole roxy friday stuff...maybe its cause im an outsider and im looking @ it objectively..but u guys seemed to be gettin duped from the get go...

but thats just me...no beef....if i offended anyone i actually am cool with im sorry..if i dont know u and i offended u..i dont care

First off--Thats why ur a cool mofo serg--no beef at all :D

As far as gettin duped? Free Admission on most nights? Roxy Stage Crew? Selecting the guest DJ's who spun? Great Themes? I dont think we got duped. I saw it drom both sides as well, working for them and going as a customer. But thats what i saw. You may see differently.

As far as vinyl changing if roxy opened, i remember people mad about the crowd there wayyy before roxy shutdown. But hows this sound. I had a friend who was a die hard exit fan draper lover the whole 9. He started going to vinyl. Now he loves DT and bought all his CD's. Wouldnt that be a good thing?

And Bernie is exactly right vixen. I know its not DT's law. But i dont see JP pointing people out with his flashlight when they light up on his dancefloor. I really dont want to party in an enviorment like that--

Either way haters can say all they want. Make fun of Roxy all you want. We all know that nightclubs are what u make them. And we had a damn good time @ roxy. In fact, I havent had fun like that in a while. A reunion would be perfect. ;)

Originally posted by wakeup

no party at the roxy compares to "big fridays" so all u kiddies who actually think sexy at the roxy was any good get a clue or keep eating pills.

1- Never ate a pill at roxy.

2-Never went to big fridays at roxy so i cant compare. Im not saying Sexy was the greatest party ever. Im just saying i had the most fun there. And thats what most people here are saying with a few exceptions. True, most the kids who went to Sexy werent even old enuff to get into Boris party, but who cares? Like they didnt add that vibe that made sexy the fun party it was?

And by the way....I wanna come hear you spin. When and where are u spinning next?

Mike

Originally posted by djmikebugout

1- Never ate a pill at roxy.

2-Never went to big fridays at roxy so i cant compare. Im not saying Sexy was the greatest party ever. Im just saying i had the most fun there. And thats what most people here are saying with a few exceptions. True, most the kids who went to Sexy werent even old enuff to get into Boris party, but who cares? Like they didnt add that vibe that made sexy the fun party it was?

And by the way....I wanna come hear you spin. When and where are u spinning next?

Mike

i never saw much of a vibe there at all, now granted i only went twice. all i saw 2 fights one night and crack fest another, but to each their own. ill be spinnin tomo at loft in williamsburg not sure wha ttime yet either go on at 4am or 8am

Originally posted by wakeup

ill be spinnin tomo at loft in williamsburg not sure wha ttime yet either go on at 4am or 8am

ahh cant go tomorrow, got dinner with wifey. I been wanting to check that place since TKC was there and then the week Ceballos spun. U there every week? I'll get at u...

Mike

Originally posted by djmikebugout

ahh cant go tomorrow, got dinner with wifey. I been wanting to check that place since TKC was there and then the week Ceballos spun. U there every week? I'll get at u...

Mike

that party is postponed for now, not gonna get into details. bullshit after john creamer, so there is 2 new places someone is doin them at. i cant post where on here

Ya i think exit is startin up a Rap party on friday nites...guess they're trying anything at this point.

and i dunno how its this popular in clubs all of a sudden - Hot97/Power 105 are always up there in ratings numbers in this markey, but research has shown that those listners dont really have any money they like to spend, so I'm not sure how they are all going out and dropping $40 for a party ever friday nite..

def need this party back...ive been going to white plains on fridays cause theres nothin to do in the city...sexy at the roxy was def the best fri nite party for the 18+ crowd last summer...

vicious + the phazon = a sick nite

Originally posted by berniec

ya, but its not up to Denny to police the club - he needs to get off his high horse and start paying more attention to playin music then what people on teh dance floor are doing (smoking, drugs, whatever)

Who the fuck is Denny? Oh you mean that Denny Tennigla guy right? :rolleyes: