Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Today Rocks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

j00f was aright at Arc but Gabriel & Dresden stole the show. WOW! They played at the after party I went to as well. Man, I was pretty exhausted. I had to pass the torch of the Engergizer Bunny to Ad - she was bouncing all night. At 10:30 am Sunday morning I could barely keep my eyes open but I think I had a good run considering I was stone cold sober :aright:

ummmm... were you at the same show I was at? G&D played some bombs and that was cool, but in general their set was boring. Dave Dresden needs to buy some vinyl if he wants to be a real Dj. I enjoyed it, and I thought it was cool they were remixing live. But I am sorry that set just didn't do it for me at all. They are obviously better producers, which I sorta figured would be the case. I have read A LOT of reviews and no one said G&D stole the show. But everyone is allowed to have their opinion right?

John was superb, the energy, the mixing, the VIBE! I would look around and everyone would be fucking dancing like no other. During G&D's set a lot of peeps were standing around and many of them left. I suppose that a big problem with G&D's set is that they played after John, the energy was lost, maybe if they went on before, I would have had a different perspective.

Originally posted by arcloverdc

ummmm... were you at the same show I was at? G&D played some bombs and that was cool, but in general their set was boring. Dave Dresden needs to buy some vinyl if he wants to be a real Dj. I enjoyed it, and I thought it was cool they were remixing live. But I am sorry that set just didn't do it for me at all. They are obviously better producers, which I sorta figured would be the case. I have read A LOT of reviews and no one said G&D stole the show. But everyone is allowed to have their opinion right?

John was superb, the energy, the mixing, the VIBE! I would look around and everyone would be fucking dancing like no other. During G&D's set a lot of peeps were standing around and many of them left. I suppose that a big problem with G&D's set is that they played after John, the energy was lost, maybe if they went on before, I would have had a different perspective.

Well I'm glad you enjoyed J00f's set :D I've seen him a few times and like his stuff but like I said I still enjoyed G&D more. Some of j00f's set was a little too epic for me. But to each his own!

I also didn't like the crowd for most of the night. I was with a bunch of really chill party kids so that was nice but man was it a sausage fest in there for most of the night. The first thing one of my friends said to me was "there are like no girls here" :laugh: I was thinking the same thing! I'm use to that at PvD but damn, it was like 50 guys to every girl in there. IMHO the vibe on other nights has been so much better.

Anyhow like you said, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion :aright:

Sorry we didn't get to meet up.