Clubplanet Nightlife Community

One Nation, Thurs. July 3rd at the Roxy--anyone going?

ill be there - i see ur new to the board. not many people on this piece talk about parties, u should try "raver" websites dude - ull get ur ass kicked around here. believe me. but yeah one nation will be good hopefully bc of misstress barbara as long as they dont cut her set short like they did at last years... idk tho - roxy can be dicks when its not a club night.

hahahhahha!

yeah i hardly ever post here, i'm more of a naughtybooth head, and used to be more into bluelight (a more raverish board).

i hardly go to parties anymore of this sort (last one was boo 6), but i love love love misstress barbara and can't miss her!

and as for getting my ass kicked...

there are many people at CP who are fans of the likes of AVB, Jokenfold, Draper, TIESTO!! hahah and even worse djs. at least misstress barbara and frankie bones spin quality music!!! i know i'll be in the compnay of crackhead 16 year olds....but whatever, at least the crowd wont' be as cheesy and bridge-and-tunnelish as the aforementioned fans here at CP.

Someone else mentioned how frankie bones trainwrecked last july 3rd.. I don't get it.. i've seen frankie bones spin plently of times i never remember him being bad.. i mean his late closing sets are beat but that's just because im not into his afterhour shit.. I've been to parties with mistress barbara before but i don't remember seeing her.. there was one at tunnel like 3 years ago but i left right before her set.. what kind of shit does she spin because the 2 other headliners are beat (dj rap and i forget who else) The only people i would like to see who i havent seen since thanksgiving are pleasurehead and x-dream but they will probably go on before i even get there

Originally posted by nickystardust

there are many people at CP who are fans of the likes of AVB, Jokenfold, Draper, TIESTO!! hahah and even worse djs. at least misstress barbara and frankie bones spin quality music!!! i know i'll be in the compnay of crackhead 16 year olds....but whatever, at least the crowd wont' be as cheesy and bridge-and-tunnelish as the aforementioned fans here at CP.

I dont think you have any idea what your talking about, Draper is number one most ridiculed dj on this board, and hardly anyone has much interest in Oakenfold.

Now on the other hand, if you somehow dont like AVB or Tiesto, then i just dont know what to think as these are some of the most talented djs out there.

I enjoy raving every now and then... i was at One Nation last year in the Hammerstien Ballroom, and i'll be there tonight at roxy, but i dont know why people like you go starting arguments about this shit (especially when your on a nearly purely "clubbing" board.)

Well fuck you all cause there is no shame in admitting to going to this party tonight.

im not no raver by any means but in fact i have been to every One Nation party since the 1st one at Tunnel. They are generally pretty fun and the pick a decent lineup.

As for Frankie Bones and his sets sucking....

i can't belive u people only realize this shit now.

Bones has been on a downward spiral for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaars.

People only still know and recognize him cause he is still living off his "Stormraves" fames from like 10 fuckin years ago....but when it comes down to it...nowadays he is better at running sonic groove than he is dj-ing but to each his own.

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

I dont think you have any idea what your talking about, Draper is number one most ridiculed dj on this board, and hardly anyone has much interest in Oakenfold.

Now on the other hand, if you somehow dont like AVB or Tiesto, then i just dont know what to think as these are some of the most talented djs out there.

I enjoy raving every now and then... i was at One Nation last year in the Hammerstien Ballroom, and i'll be there tonight at roxy, but i dont know why people like you go starting arguments about this shit (especially when your on a nearly purely "clubbing" board.)

Tiesto :blown:

i wasn't trying to start any sort of fight, i hope you don't think that was the case....

but ahem, sorry.....tiesto and avb are not talented! they are really cheesy djs who play the most OBVIOUS trance ever. trance, in and of itself, is a genre for the untrained ear.

that's why i listen to techno.

but who cares? it's all about having fun. to each his own. that's my whole point from the beginnig---who cares that it is a "rave"....there will be good music that i will enjoy there.....

i've never heard dj irene......anyone have any feedback on her?

as for frankie bones...i don't know guys. people say he was ripping it up this week at tronic.....

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

Eh, she has some good tracks but i've never seen her live so i couldn't really say

she plays a little tamer live than her cds, lots of uk hardhouse hard trance etc, rather than that fucking headbanging american hard house

I think the reason she puts out cds like that is because they are so much cheaper to license the songs.. :)

just came back from one nation!

what a great party!!! suck a great vibe from the people. wasn't crazy about all the drum n bass at first (got there at 12) but misstress barbara kicked much ass. x-dream wasn't bad either.

dj irene was alright, not my kind of music, but def. very appropriate for the occasion.

all in all a great party. doc martin didn't show up, right ???? oh well, wasn't looking forward to him anyway, i was just glad misstress barbara showed!

Originally posted by nickystardust

i wasn't trying to start any sort of fight, i hope you don't think that was the case....

but ahem, sorry.....tiesto and avb are not talented! they are really cheesy djs who play the most OBVIOUS trance ever. trance, in and of itself, is a genre for the untrained ear.

that's why i listen to techno.

but who cares? it's all about having fun. to each his own. that's my whole point from the beginnig---who cares that it is a "rave"....there will be good music that i will enjoy there.....

i've never heard dj irene......anyone have any feedback on her?

as for frankie bones...i don't know guys. people say he was ripping it up this week at tronic.....