Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lunar Sessions CD is Amazing

pimpineo

Wow Roland and Biz you guys did a great Job with this CD, I just got back from Space, the CD sounds Amazing too bad I could not stay long because I am sick I only went to buy the CD could not wait for it,and got a free T-shirt thanks you guys. Roland and Biz I wish you the best with this and Keep up the hard work.

:clap::rock::bowdown: K so last night leave space early to get home and get some sleep before having to wake up pretty early, but my stupid ass decides hey let me have a quick listen to this cd that I've been dying to hear for quite some time. I will give a full review later, but for now let me tell you I might have well have stayed at space cause I ended up driving for about an hour and a half after I left space unable to skip through a second of the mix. It is simply amazing and I just kept driving and driving hoping the mix would not end. I got close to home and realized I still had some 6 tracks left in the mix to hear so got on the palmetto, then 75 north and just drove way too fast. Roland and biz, I blame you for the lack of sleep last night, I nearly got a ticket, and my tank is now dangerously close to empty. Seriously thanks guys, your hard work payed off and the cd is great, one of the best releases this year. Everybody on this board needs to get a copy, something for everyone on there.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

well, if you missed the cd release party & didn't get a chance to pick up the cd, you can pop into ANY Virgin, Specs & other record stores around the country & pick it up this Tuesday. That's right I said TUESDAY, JULY 8TH!! ;)

glad to see the release date is moved up.. Didn't want to give you a hard time biz, but i was only looking out for you guys... So on tuesday right before i get on a plane on weds, i'll have rolands cd, and SS #5.... Smoking a big fat J and cranking the tunes on the plane..... gudio fist pumping at 30k feet!!!!:eek:

Originally posted by biznation00

well, if you missed the cd release party & didn't get a chance to pick up the cd, you can pop into ANY Virgin, Specs & other record stores around the country & pick it up this Tuesday. That's right I said TUESDAY, JULY 8TH!! ;)

I'll be sure to pass by Virgin on Sunset Place to pick up my copy then.

Support good music! :)

heard the CD atleast 2 1/2 times and it just simply got better and better with every single listen.. I loved the mix.. great programming, mixing and overall layout of the CD.

TUNES.

Matthew Dekay, Ad Finem, Steve Bug and Chris Cargo

wicked mix .. big up's to the LUNAR SESSIONS and I wish them contiunued success on their endeavors

a big thanx for the shout out on the CD.. I feel the love :)

- Danny

BIG Thanks to all those who picked up the CD. I'm glad to see it get such positive reviews. It's got some kick ass tunes & if you appreciate Roland on a weekly basis, then you'll more than like this CD!!

btw, the CD art & pics aren't soo bad either.. Who are those designers/photogs??

Big ups to the Lunar supporters!! ;)

It fuckin rocks. :)

I'll write an official review forf resident advisor I think : )

Biz I'll contact re: getting some artwork and what not so I can use on the site.

It sounds good loud .... :)

You guys get distribution to best buy?

Thanks to those who supported Lunar Sessions throughout the past year. As I mentioned in my other post (space saturday), I was honored to recieve such great response and support from many of you this past Saturday. This will go down as one of my most memorable nights @ 34.

As far as the CD is concerned, I know uncle sams and grooveman on the beach recieved the first batch.

It also got distributed to Virgin, FYE etc.... distribution should be complete at these stores and others by the end of this week.

Thank You ALL,

Enjoy the choons :D

Roland

Picked up my copy of Lunar Sessions on Saturday - probably to the surprise of many of you.

Positives:

1. Very professional layout and packaging. Probably the best "local" cd I have seen and looked better than many major label releases.

2. Biz's introduction - must give the credit where it is due - props on the intro inside the cd case.

3. Techinical mixing of cd tracks were very well done as well. The sound was very good.

Negative:

1. Just one - the music. I hate the tracks. Nothing against you Roland and nothing personal - just did not enjoy one track on the cd.

Roland - the effort you put into this project is evident and I wish you well. The tracks just don't do anything for me.

Sobe though from your past posts it appeared u could not stand the lunar sessions, I'll give you props for at least trying and actually supporting the artist and buying the cd. I agree with all the positives you put up there, but the negative :nono: THe music rocks. Guys this cd does get better with each listen and it looks like it will be in my player for a long time even though picking up subliminal sessions 5 later on today.

Originally posted by digital7

TUNES.

Matthew Dekay, Ad Finem, Steve Bug and Chris Cargo

wicked mix .. big up's to the LUNAR SESSIONS and I wish them contiunued success on their endeavors

u hit it on the $$ with the Matthew Dekay "Passion", Ad Finem (1/2 Stryke) & Steve Bug...

U forgot Rock "I can see u" << That's a sick track (it's the one everyone has been tryin' to id & trainspot on the GU board 4 sometime)!! :)

Originally posted by livin42nite

Sobe though from your past posts it appeared u could not stand the lunar sessions, I'll give you props for at least trying and actually supporting the artist and buying the cd. I agree with all the positives you put up there, but the negative :nono: THe music rocks. Guys this cd does get better with each listen and it looks like it will be in my player for a long time even though picking up subliminal sessions 5 later on today.

Just my $0.02 and will stick by it - found the music to be bland and mundane. But I gave it a shot.

Glad you liked it - the product is outstanding for a local dj - just not my cup of tea.

Originally posted by pod

I'm glad you liked the layout! Some hack shot the front cover though. :laugh:

would that be the same "hack" that seemed he had a bit too much fun this past Saturday?? :laugh:

Pod "Party boy" Vidal

Kick Ass job on the pics dude.. Specially the cover shot!! :aright: