Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Limelight and Spirit update....

This was taken from this week's HX magazine:

Limelight is going to be reborn-again! yes,all mentions of the Estate moniker will be scraped from the club when it reopens in the fall.The new name being touted for the infamous church-turned-club is AVALON,with the opening set for the latter half of September.

No one in the Crobar camp is making any commitments when it comes to announcing a date for the 28th street space's opening.(perhaps they learned their lesson the first time when it was reported the space would open in June of 2002!) Rumor now has the doors opening around Columbus Day.

Spirit nightclub is shooting for an October opening in the old Soundfactory/Twilo space-but it won't be a typical nightclub."We're not a DJ-led club," says Spirit's Robbie Wooton."It's more about the show."Spirit will be a triple-tiered theatrical space encompassing elaborate visuals,holistic healing rooms and an organic foods restaurant.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was an article on spirit in newsweek .... there are these new clubs they are calling the new 'raves' .... most of them have yoga & massage rooms and things like that ....these clubs are all about your senses and spirituality

..hence 'spirit' & most of them are alcohol free .... spirit wont be, but it's trying to be like these other clubs....its not really like a club where most people would go and party

it does sound interesting though

Originally posted by disk-ofreak

i dunno bout you, but to me "spirit" sounds dumb. going to hear the dj is the main reason to go to a club. i never heard anyone using the word club to describe an organic resturant with spiritual crap.

they are doing it becasue the clubs that are open now (SF ARC EXIT ) are not what the public wants them to be (safe, clean ect) it is a marketing technique that way they can open there clubs easier

I wish Limelight would just be... Limelight. And I also hope that along with the estate name they scrape off all the cushy little VIP wannabe acoutrements and just let it be dark and dirty like it used to be... there are quite enough of the fluffy clubs out there already.

Don't know if Spirit catches me. Sounds just kinda... weird. Then again if it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount it might not be such a bad idea just to try it. I don't think that "new rave" idea sounds very accurate, though.

Fact:

For sale sign is still outside Limelight and yes AVALON (Boston) is interested in buying the space for months now. But the sign is still up which is wierd.

Spirit and the building above are going to be a zen like Schrager-esque settings. The owners are very "SPIRITUAL" *wink* They are going to attempt the restaurant/Hotel/nightclub.

Crobars NYC permanent staff is all moved into their apartments and have been giving a special few djs the 10 cent tour. But no press are allowed into the venue until the PR agency holds their junket. But they are in full construction swing.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I wish Limelight would just be... Limelight. And I also hope that along with the estate name they scrape off all the cushy little VIP wannabe acoutrements and just let it be dark and dirty like it used to be... there are quite enough of the fluffy clubs out there already.

im with blonde stuff here..bring back dirty old LL

Originally posted by iliana

If "spririt" is truly going to be a new "rave" then I'm excited about it. The days of dark seedy clubs should be over. If there's no smoking, then up it one notch and get rid of alcohol too. Just let it be about the music.

-iliana

:cool:

fuck that....i want alcohol..:D

Originally posted by dgmodel

the name avalon for a club sounds corny... what type of venue will it be, what is the plan motif??? any thoughts on who might be the resident???

The name Avalon is not corny. They are using Avalon because it was bought by the same guys that own Avalon in Boston.

And the system will rock!! Believe me they have a lot planned.

And wait till you hear the residents!!

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

:aright:

Yeah, and i really dont know what to think about this Spirit idea... other than i doubt i'll check it out when it finally opens.

Originally posted by sfqueen

This was taken from this week's HX magazine:

No one in the Crobar camp is making any commitments when it comes to announcing a date for the 28th street space's opening.(perhaps they learned their lesson the first time when it was reported the space would open in June of 2002!) Rumor now has the doors opening around Columbus Day.

NOT TRUE!

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Fact:

Crobars NYC permanent staff is all moved into their apartments and have been giving a special few djs the 10 cent tour. But no press are allowed into the venue until the PR agency holds their junket. But they are in full construction swing.

Also NOT true!

Both are excting whatever comes..

In a way though.. Limelight/Estate/Avalon whatever the hell its called just seems like a place that needs to die already.. How many times has there been an attempted "comeback"... I mean rigght after estate opened I went there on a friday night at about 12:30-1ish.. AThe bouncer told me not to waste money to go inside b/c they were closing soon b/c no one was there.. Also the whole new years eve fiasco..