Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who will be the new "King Of The Space Patio"?

spacious

Well, CPers it is official. You finally got your wish. No more Bellini in the Patio. Ivano has left Space to go on to "greener pastures"(NV). Who will be the new "KING OF THE PATIO"? Who will have sovereign supremacy over "Sunrise Sessions?" Suggest now or forever hold your comments. Or should we outbid NV and get Ivano back? Let the posting begin...

LP

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey men you should get ivano back......with all due respect i thnik you made a terrible mistake with the new terrace..its to big and doesnt have the feeling of the old one........now if you let ivano go...i think it will be a disaster ....its my opinion and i think you are a very smart guy!!!

good luck

Originally posted by blendprod

hey men you should get ivano back......with all due respect i thnik you made a terrible mistake with the new terrace..its to big and doesnt have the feeling of the old one........now if you let ivano go...i think it will be a disaster ....its my opinion and i think you are a very smart guy!!!

good luck

Sorry buddy, nothing I can do here. We did not cut the cheese. The cheese cut itself. Too much gas I guess.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by blendprod

good luck

With as packed as the patio still gets, and how much trouble I always had with no space to dance, the size of the patio is not the problem, but the fact that it is too flat. Its WAY too linear, the moment you walk into the patio, all you see is heads and people in your way. It doesn't have the same effect that the old patio had, where you walk in and are able to see across the room over everyones heads. Being as short as me, all I really see is people shoulders. I want to see people dance!

Now on to the "Patio King".....as much as people whine and complain about Ivano, I cannot say that anyone else has been able to produce the same kind of vibe and energy, nor come close, except for maybe Steve Lawler, but that neither here nor there, unless we can get him as a weekly resident........(RIGHT!!!)

I have heard a lot of good things about OG when he was out there, I'd like to check him out on the patio for myself.

yea cause ivano sux

lets just see if space takes ivano back once NV goes under

no offense LP but space made that guy into whatever he has today and he left you

now if he comes crawling back for a job and space gives it to him ide have no respect,

lets just hope that doesnt happen

besides we all seen what OG can do up there

who needs IB when u got OG

Originally posted by andrewthomas

yea cause ivano sux lets just see if space takes ivano back once NV goes under no offense LP but space made that guy into whatever he has today and he left you now if he comes crawling back for a job and space gives it to him ide have no respect,

True that. I guess that's how we get paid for backing him up whenever everyone wanted him out.

LP

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by spacious

True that. I guess that's how we get paid for backing him up whenever everyone wanted him out.

LP

Well, guaging by the size of the crowd on sunday mornings, not everyone wanted him out. I will ad mit that he is no longer my favorite DJ now that I have a clue as th what real music is, I will have to defend him to an extent.

Roly is PERFECT for the Lunar Sessions, but I somehow just don't feel his sets during Sunrise Sessions.

ah.. the big cheese out of the patio? good riddance! lol .. Im just kidding, I wish him the best of luck @ NV ..

As far as the new 'Space Patio King' .. I think Oscar G deserves the Sunrise Sessions slot without a doubt plus his mastery of the patio a couple weeks back was unparrallel.. He's put in sooooooo much hard work that it'd be ridiculous if he didnt get it .. Roland deserves a shot at it especially with the way he's brought up Lunar Sessions. But, since he just released his CD, I think he might be hard pressed to leave... either way, Oscar is the main man

ya get me?

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Well, guaging by the size of the crowd on sunday mornings, not everyone wanted him out. I will ad mit that he is no longer my favorite DJ now that I have a clue as th what real music is, I will have to defend him to an extent.

Roly is PERFECT for the Lunar Sessions, but I somehow just don't feel his sets during Sunrise Sessions.

Jackie, take into account the type of people out at that hour on a Sunday morning. You could put a mannequin next to a CD player of just a 4/4 kick drum for six hours and those people'd be happy...we're not talking about musical genii out here.

Ivano was OK on the patio to begin with, but the thing is he never got out of that 126 BPM rut. You could set your watch to his sets. I rag on him so much since I know he can do better...

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by pod

Jackie, take into account the type of people out at that hour on a Sunday morning. You could put a mannequin next to a CD player of just a 4/4 kick drum for six hours and those people'd be happy...we're not talking about musical genii out here.

Ivano was OK on the patio to begin with, but the thing is he never got out of that 126 BPM rut. You could set your watch to his sets. I rag on him so much since I know he can do better...

Its true, that is the kind of crowd that is there at that time, but is that crowd going to change, or evlove? No. Would any of us really stay in the patio that late if there was a good DJ? I guess thats the true question here. How will the crowd evolve according to the talent playing?

And yes, Ivano has proven many times that he CAN do better, he just got lazy and bored of people always asking for "Addicted to Drugs" fifty times during the course of one song.

I stay when a good guy or girl is on the decks late. I have photographic evidence :) . Lawler, Oscar, Danny Howells, Sander...killer patio/terrace sets.

As for the feel of the old one, get over it, the new one is the best feature of the club...very roomy. The only downside is booth placement, but that's easily changed.

If OG wants the patio after Roland is done, give it to him. Then try someone like Edgar or Stryke on the inside. If OG does not want to play outside every weekend then try and get a guest DJ for every week. See how the people react to different guest DJ's. Someone is bound to stick out. Jimmy T comes to mind.

Guest saleen351

Before i give my expert advice, i'd like to point out, i told all of yous this was going down... And i'd also like to point out that the booth will get moved... Sooner than later.. And i'd even go as far as saying it will be exactly where i said it will be...

I think space should stop fucking around with the main room OG sets... Only let the monster guys take over. Space needs to reinforce their House Sessions and give og more marketing and more time with less diversions from house and ample set lenths.

Fact is OG is filler over there to their marketing department. I think they should spend the money they don't pay og, word is space is cheap with him, but who really knows, and hype Oscar up.. The money you save and the risk you avoid with booking euro trash djs is just worth it alone. I would put og on early like 1am early. Let him spin till 10am. Og doesn't get to take us on a "journey" like the nyc guys can, since they spin much longer up there in the main rooms. More underground as well, and og can stretch his legs with trackselection. LP i know you are super pissed at the DJ guest prices, and no club will ever colude with you, since you fucked them over by uping the booking prices when you opened space. God know every promoter i've ever met, all hates you for that, but hey just like opec the country or in this case the club that cheats wins.. (not really cheating, but good business) But now the tides have turned and space doesn't want to pay these guys. Thus the max grams are booked. Ps that night is going to bombbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb!

So back to the question. Og takes over and only major league top 10 djs ever take the decks. Very few people besides the super hard core clubbers have a fucking clue Oscar is the resident at Space. This is not right and space looses so much by not promoting him better. Sure the dumb latin american crowd loves him, but those fockers are so poor they don't have indoor plumbing.....

I think you take the rest and you have and do weekly patio guests with roland opening. Now light a fucking fire under his ass, market himself better, and have him play more energized sets early on, then have the guests come on around 5am. Roland proved it, banging tunes on the patio will work. When done right and when the guests are not around, roland just plays all night.

Patio needs lots of work. Marketing the patio is a disaster right now. I use to think of the patio as this mystical place, it was "miami" just like miami vice and latin pigeons.. Now its gone, its diseny 34 patio. the patio feels like a gym haveing a prom... Its too clean, too plain, set up all wrong and no levels like jackie said.

All we use to read is what celeb was on the patio and all the trannys, but now the underground sketchy people crowd is gone, now its just drug users...

oh and pay that fucking place across the street to turn their lights off. makes the patio wayyyyyyyyyyy too bright....

WOW... The cheese is gone... Ivano was never my fave, but I do admit jammin to his sets in the old patio from time to time... I can't say I am sad to see him go...

OG on the patio would be the shit... Roly totally deserves it as he already is "KING OF THE PATIO"... No one knows the patios up's and down's better than him... Although it would be nice to see someone new rip shit up...

Originally posted by pod

No trance on the terrace during daylight hours, Dekan.

Umm... Sorry to burst your bubble but Markus Schulz is not exactly a trance dj.. He is a huge supporter of the genre.. He will play a couple of tracks every now and then.. Also has done remixes of a couple of trance tracks.. And those are usually not very fast in tempo.. If you listen to his show Sundays/Mondays.. You will see that in his essentials is mainly progressive house and his own productions are along those lines as well... :D

i second what Dekan says: Markus Fuckin Schulz!!! the man is a beast behind the wheels, and he has that perfect sound that will rock that patio.....at least twice a month, and then have OG and Roland alternate the other 2 weeks.....but if your going to go with one, Markus Schulz.......

ps, LP thanks for the info about the Cuba shirt i asked you for!:D

Originally posted by pod

No trance on the terrace during daylight hours, Dekan.

Markus Schulz spins progressive, not trance.

Now with that out of the way, Markus would be an excellent choice for the patio. Roland and OG would my 2nd and 3rd choice, not in that particular order.