Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who will be the new "King Of The Space Patio"?

spacious

Originally posted by sotuorlando

Sorry guys but I think it's time to bring back the originator of the afterhours set: Stryke....with all this talk about this party coming back to the Edge it brings back all my fond memories of Jnco's, Nike's, and Bucket hats. Before afterhours was what it is now, Stryke used to Rip the turntables up starting @ 4AM till the weeeee hours in the morning. Remember the sounds of Duran Durans "Save it to the morning after" signaling the end of another great night and day @ one of the most legnedary clubs in S. Florida scene history. Where was electronic music before The Edge?????? You might of found it in pockets here and there but honestly where was electronic music in S. Florida before The Edge and Strke. Do any of you remember the mobs that would form to get in to that place. I've always said if it ain't broke dont fix it, and you know what.......... I never recall it breaking. Greg you got my vote.

THE END

You've got my vote too. I've followed you since forever and think you don't get the credit you deserve. Stryke rules!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patio king huh? IMO ROLY deserves it more than ne one.

I would have Jimmy T open

Markus Shultz spin like from 3 am to 6 am

Then have Roland close the place down!!

And everyonce inawhile have OG spin outhere, and of course whatever guest DJS you bring.

Just my .02 cents Im mostly in the blue room anyways so see what you can do to have some dirty ass tech for afterhours, I love trance and I still havent seen a DJ that rocks in the blueroom afterhours like EDGAR.I would def like to see Stryke in there.I mean you guys have all this all star stuff why dont you bring his ass in?

Originally posted by koky

Patio king huh? IMO ROLY deserves it more than ne one.

I would have Jimmy T open

Markus Shultz spin like from 3 am to 6 am

Then have Roland close the place down!!

And everyonce inawhile have OG spin outhere, and of course whatever guest DJS you bring.

Just my .02 cents Im mostly in the blue room anyways so see what you can do to have some dirty ass tech for afterhours, I love trance and I still havent seen a DJ that rocks in the blueroom afterhours like EDGAR.I would def like to see Stryke in there.I mean you guys have all this all star stuff why dont you bring his ass in?

Actually it was me that wrote this,dam brother forgets to log his ass out when he leaves. :mad:

space didn't do shit for ivano.... ivano build his name himself

long before space was even thinking of opening. Nobody knew

him back then. I have no doubts nobody will create

the vibe he could create(except howells).

Good luck to space...

Mr. Puig, I have no idea how much $$ Hip -Hop gives you, but IMO, and considering the love and respect that I have for dance music (house, techno, prog....WHATEVER...), give your business an IDENTITY. Let someone else make money with Hip - Hop. Concentrate in working together with your team, keep bringing international talent to the main room, and respecting OG House Sessions. (He worked that night really hard and has gained followers.period.)

As for the terraze, you've got a sound system anyone will dream of.. ... book local and international dj's. Keep Roland's Lunar Sessions, and once in a while, give him the Marathon. Meanwhile, there is way too many talent outhere that will wish to play that terraze, and that people wanna hear.

Desyn Masiello

Slacker

Demi

Mothersole

Hipp E

Chus & Ceballos

Bill Patrick

112 Crew

I can keep up for ever....

Why not look for bi monthly residencies with DefMix, Subliminal, Underwater, Hed Kandi, Release Yourself.....hint hint hint...

I know its much more $$ involved as well... but come on... if you wanna be "America's # 1 Club", and the big ones are moving to your block... RE-ENGINER. Prices will never drop..therefore just spend 2K-10K more and have your club running 16 hrs straight.

To be the real Emperor (as they call you) you need to reinvest some money into your business...and make it GROOOOWWWW, you have the whole South Beach crowd to feed after 5 AM.... give them the best...

If you make of the terraze "the place to be" from 6AM-??... you will still be shitting in your competition...... people will either only come to Space for the whole night; or come for AfterHours to Space's terraze...plus bonus.... Main Room having a blast.

Its a win win situation for the clubber and the artist.

Keep the Main Room how it is..if any guest or local playing the main room wants to go extended set... awesome..if he keeps the main room packed..even better....but the terraze.... give it a boooost...the booost it has needed.

manage Space34 as "America's # 1 Club"

You dont need Ivano..let him go...work it YOUR way....and support the local talent.

:D :D :D louis i was very pleasantly surprised by this thread. as i haven't been on the board all week. as soon as i saw that terrible cover of ivano cheeselini's so called "the real miami house sessions" i knew his days at space34 were numbered.:laugh: i think it's great that you really do appreciate our comments and opinions. i say have jimmy t open up the patio from 10 to 1 then throw the real king of the space34 patio dj roland from 1 to 6. then for sunrise sessions it's a toss up between stryke and markus shulz. stryke is amazing. a true pioneer in our scene. he is not only a dj but a composer. i think that his music has so much energy that it could wake peepz up @ the crack of the first sunlight. markus is also amazing. his remixes are sick and he is a little bit more mellow than stryke. you really can't go wrong any way you go here. thank you for getting rid of belini or him getting rid of himself with his bad attitude and terrible music.

p.s. thank u for bringing down max graham he is fuckin amazing;)