Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I am prone to bruises...how do I stop this?

I get bruises every where!

You can poke me in my arm and i'll have a bruise there tomorrow. It's getting annoying because im a dancer and it just looks gross having all these little marks all over your body and coverup does not stay on long when your sweating

What causes this and how can I stop it:confused:

I bruise fairly easy as well... I think ( dont quote me ) it has something to do with circulation. I know I read something about bruising in people who are active and people who are not so active... Try WEBMD.COM you should be able to find something.

D I bruise easily as well . . . does anyone in your family have anemia? It can be due to that, my mother has it and I think I also do . . . This is when your red blood cells are low in count. A way to get around anemia is to add more iron to your diet or eat more red meats . . . I should probably take my own advice :doh:

ghossst: I don't think D has fair skin at all . . . it is prob due to low red blood cell count . . .

Bruises are popped blood vessels, if you bruise easily it is because A. You have weak blood vessels, which is hereditary and unreversable. B. Because your circulation is bad and your blood take a long time to clot, which is also untreatible. So tell people to stop poking you, or is that to much to ask in your profession?

True sometimes people may be more prone to bruising that others but there are things you can do. One thing that I've read about, and done, and seems to work quite well is to up your vit. C intake. I usually take between 1-2 grams of vit. C a day.

Vitamin C is very helpful for both wound healing and to prevent bruising, not to mention is a good anti-oxidant and keeps you immune system up. I remember once I was doing seated military presses, I was doing a heavy set and pressed the weight up fast and kind of lost my balance and felt myself tipping back, so I kicked my leg forward to counter balance my bodyweight, in the process I smashed my shin against the bar in front of me, HARD, hurt like a bitch, but, barely swelled at all and didn't bruise at all. Cool.