Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how long will N/V last????

blendprod

im just wondering ..what do you guys think about this....is this another place that will be around space(like many others that failed)trying to take some piece of the cake .... or you guys think it will last??????????never been inside that venue.....

Originally posted by pod

Closed by December if they don't follow up on their opening.

i agree with you.....it looks like money its not an issue...lets see in two months !! i wonder how much ivano was paid to take such a dumb decision?????

but they will have a big problem booking the talents that atract the big masses....LP is a guy with a lot of influence in the dance comunity and have contact with all the big names and im sure he will be doing everything to block the big acts from coming to N/V,now i think they are having a good start...but thats fucking expensive to be doing every week!!!!!

Originally posted by blendprod

but they will have a big problem booking the talents that atract the big masses....LP is a guy with a lot of influence in the dance comunity and have contact with all the big names and im sure he will be doing everything to block the big acts from coming to N/V,now i think they are having a good start...but thats fucking expensive to be doing every week!!!!!

yeah you gotta shell out the dough week in and week out to to get quality guest dj's and get clubbers to keep coming back every week.

and who's gonna be their resident? why don't they take a look at some of the local guys who helped establish clubs in this town?

Originally posted by blendprod

From what I was told they tried to block Oakenfold but did not succeed. So I do believe they are off to a good start. There is plenty of good talent out there and Space can not book everyone so hopefully they will be bringing in new names top this town.

To be honest...

as long as George Acosta isnt there...or anyone else that can cheese the place out..(Padilla is an exception...he hasnt been around for a while consistently...so i think he would be an exception in this issue)...i think the place could have some great potential...it would be great to see some fresh talent come to miami in a place that isnt surrounded by 50 cent lookalikes and leased Escalade EXT's on Dubs.:D

hopefully they will look into bringing in more than one genre of music into the space every now and then...techno, breaks, house, trance, ambience even....

wouldnt it be dope to have a club in miami that could bring in anyone from Yoji Biomehanika to Hennes and Cold to Lisa Lashes?

I think it could be done...

if you could get a steady following with some decent local resident talent...you would be able to bring in people that arent heard much here and not risk as much as say...oakey?

93 grand? thats an awful lot for 10 hours (max...between friday and saturday...say..he plays 5 hours each nite)..

thats almost 10 g's an hour! wtf? they could have brought 3 or 4 superstar dj;s and rocked the place with an all out dj competition to kick off their grand opening!

Thats a funny number 93g. :laugh: Dude if he plays everynight he'd be making like 16 million a year based on these numbers. It's time i get myself turntables and a mixer and learn to use them.

Seriously I don't think anybody is about to hand any dj 93 g to play 2 and half hours for 2 nights.

Originally posted by ogmiami

Where did you get the idea that Oakey is getting 93k???

WHOA!!!!:eek::laugh::rolleyes:

well, if thats true, or the real number was anywhere near 93,000 dollars for fukin spinning records that people probably mailed to you, or u got for free in the record store, then you know there is a problem with the dance industry!!!!! i still wanna go to hang out NV again( which i though was a good party when they opened for the 4th of july!!!)

WHY DO CLUBS HAVE TO PAY THESE RIDICULOUS DJ FEES TO GET A CROWD AT THEIR CLUB??? is this the only thing that interests us??? BIG NAME Dj's!!!! its not like they are spinning w/o hands!!! we have such local talent, its a shame club promoters and owners gotta pay these HIGH fees to pak a club:( :eek:

GOood luck to all, ill be there friday!!!!:D

oakey better spin upside down for 93 grand and me paying $30!!!!:eek:

Originally posted by ogmiami

Where did you get the idea that Oakey is getting 93k???

Heard from reliable source that he is getting $100K for both nights.

Sounds like alot but with all the turmoil at S34 it may be a gamble that they will collect on.