Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory underwear party review

how so?

Cause whenever me and my girl go out we have a good time. Music was good til around 2:30 - 3pm...then i dunno wtf happend. Crowd was alright...saw alot of familiar faces and got to see alot of old freinds.

We danced alot and also just chilled and enjoyed the day.

Not the best party i've been to at factory by far, but it wasnt bad.

Til next time...

Tek

got there sometime between 5 and 6, left at 3:15- music was pretty good for most of the day, started to set a little 'off' early in the afternoon about the time we were gettin ready to leave, all in all a good nite, place wasnt as packed as i thought it would be, but a decent crowd...aug 2 - the classics CD release party :D

Who was the woman singer at like 8:20am and what was the name of the song she did?

Thanks in advance.:)

My $0.02 -

Great party. Not the best and certainly not the worst.

Worth $50.00...definately.

See, the sad thing about "old times" is just that...

Originally posted by nycstompin

Who was the woman singer at like 8:20am and what was the name of the song she did?

Thanks in advance.:)

My $0.02 -

Great party. Not the best and certainly not the worst.

Worth $50.00...definately.

See, the sad thing about "old times" is just that...

Sylver - After all this time

and I'm sorry, but to me its not worth me paying 50$ to be in that place when its nice outside & you could be doing things more productive w/your time. Anything that he played after I left (rain hunter, shed my skin, like a prayer, women beat thier men, gti (even change the world w/paula cole acca.) I've heard in there already, so I dont know, not worth it in the summer

Wow there was people at factory doing pills and bumps im shocked! lets be honest ever since i started goin in 98 the crowd has allways been 85-90% drugged out what do you expect i was not there i just dont enjoy sitting thru filler jp should cut his residency to monthly and spin 8-10 hr sets to gain some interest back

Originally posted by badassmafuka

I agree about LOW life there are a handful... Now why on a beautiful day would someone go there in a dark, drug infested pplace....

I enjoyed my day on the beach with my girl... now there is nothing better than that...

I used to go to Factory every Saturday............

Now I go twice a year Classic and Anniversary.. those are the two best night of the year

I guess as you mature you will realize Factory if not all that...

There are better thing to do than go to Factory

exactly

I went to this party and it raised a lot of Q's for me...

I didn't get there until about 7:30PM Sunday night, and I was talking to the bouncers and they were all there from the night before. The bartenders were there from the night before.

Why the f**k do they need to stay open like that for 26 hours?

50$ to get in was very heavy, but when I did get in I couldn't believe how crowded it was. It took me almost 20mins to get a drink. (18$ for a double---> drugs are bad for you but economical)

It really took me a while to get comfortable, because the crowd was so far ahead of me in their fuckedupness. I guess that glass (tina) is the big thing now, b/c instead of everyone zobified rolling, they had their eyes wide open and it was freaky!!

But I had a few drinks and settled in by 930 when JP played some track "Pressure" (?)-it was tight.. but the music was sloppy.

But I really understand.. How can this guy be expected to spin for 26 hours? That really bothered me, b/c I went up by the booth and he looked terrible. Tired, pale, sweaty... I hear that it's his decision how late to play, but it is too much to ask one's body to endure. I really felt bad, but he's making millions so...

This was probably the first time that I was at SF sober, and it is a totally different environment, and definitely not as much fun.

That's my last theme party for a long time. I agree w/ all the calls on this board for an earlier closing w/ sick music the whole time.

However for all the critics of JP on this board, there is no one that plays sets like that, nobody. And he keeps them coming in all night and day.

Tiesto can't play more than 4hours or else he gets sand in his pussy!

Originally posted by girly

yeah thats another thing, wait till they air whatever they are doing on TV, then that is definitely the last of the soundfactory, it will be interesting to see what happens..

I was flipping out about that too at like 11 pm I asked the guy what he was filming for and he said MTV is doing an sfterhours special...i dont think it will ruin SF at first i was like WOW this place is done..but everyone was like its gonna be a little clip probably of people dancing and everything, nothing negative towards the club..like all the club clips you see on Wild On......kinda weird tho, i was dodging that guy the whole night!!!

From what I heard, the owner of factory has exclusive control over any footage that gets shot in the club, and they guy making the doccumentary for MTV is the same guy who shoots the video for the DVD's they make up and put out with their CD's (classics/S&M DVD, etc) so i'm sure that there wont be much to see on mtv when its airs ;)

Originally posted by berniec

From what I heard, the owner of factory has exclusive control over any footage that gets shot in the club, and they guy making the doccumentary for MTV is the same guy who shoots the video for the DVD's they make up and put out with their CD's (classics/S&M DVD, etc) so i'm sure that there wont be much to see on mtv when its airs ;)

yeah, the S&M dvd is like 15 minutes of random clips shot above the crowd and the sf dancers. they dont show anything remotely drug related, and its really fairly innocent overall... i'm sure whatever their giving to mtv will be the same

Originally posted by berniec

what documentary for mtv?

I was hanging out w/ the kid they were filming, the camera was following him around specifically the whole time. It was pretty funny to watch b/c he was mangled when I saw him.

Cool guy though, I think the footage is going to look like anyplace else... just peeps dancing, etc.

What they should have is a huge sign flashing at the bottom saying:

AT THIS POINT IT IS 6PM SUNDAY AFTERNOON. DO YOU TINA?

Originally posted by bassboy

I was hanging out w/ the kid they were filming, the camera was following him around specifically the whole time. It was pretty funny to watch b/c he was mangled when I saw him.

Cool guy though, I think the footage is going to look like anyplace else... just peeps dancing, etc.

What they should have is a huge sign flashing at the bottom saying:

AT THIS POINT IT IS 6PM SUNDAY AFTERNOON. DO YOU TINA?

That is gonna draw so much negative attention. Especially if the kid was mangled.

yea but what about outside of the club. Once MTV and this kid is outside of soundfactory or any club for that matter, they are free to leave in whatever video they want. I think they are gonna show this kid right before he takes whatever he's gonna take, and they are also gonna show what he looks like when he comes out. Remember this is MTV looking to make a good show. They are gonna make it seem as bad as possible(IMO). Thats what they did with the other true life topics. I this show is gonna be bad for the entire afterhours scene not just the places he goes. I hope I'm wrong.