Clubplanet Nightlife Community

female arms

i assume ur talking about triceps ;)

without weights u can try doing dips... either off the edge of a chair or something that height... *remember* the farther ur legs are from u the harder it is... the closer they are to u the easier :)

u can also do kickbacks... u dont have to have weights... try holding a can of veggies or sauce or something in each hand...get on all fours... lift ur elbow backward so it is level with ur back and by only using ur forearms from ur elbow down, kick ur arms back so they are parallel to ur back... then release...

there are tons of things u can do with weights though... if thats even an option... if it is.. get back to us and we'll fill u in on some :)

oh yea and i forgot... tricep pushups also.. these can be kinda hard so try doing a few at a time without killing urself!

get into push up position... and instead of keeping ur hands wide, keep them close... it helps to make a diamond shape with ur hands... lower urself down and up.. and there u have it...

good luck :)

If you are referring to the "jiggly" part - then you are referring to fat not muscle. Back of the arm is another fat storage area for females - it sucks I know. But no amount of weights will take care of that.

Yes you need to build the muscle underneath - but the "jiggly" part can only be taken care through diet and cardio.

Nautica

Originally posted by elitesnautica

If you are referring to the "jiggly" part - then you are referring to fat not muscle. Back of the arm is another fat storage area for females - it sucks I know. But no amount of weights will take care of that.

Yes you need to build the muscle underneath - but the "jiggly" part can only be taken care through diet and cardio.

Nautica

thanx for that info...i thought if we just trained wit weights we would be ok...now i will up my cardio...

Originally posted by erica127

thanx for that info...i thought if we just trained wit weights we would be ok...now i will up my cardio...

If you start lifting weights you'll be burning more calories anyway... you might not need to do more cardio. :aright:

Originally posted by rackham

If you start lifting weights you'll be burning more calories anyway... you might not need to do more cardio. :aright:

i already lift weights & have been for about 8 months, but only do triceps once a week...but since it's been summer time i am kinda slackin on my cardio cuz i love to go outside & do stuff cuz i feel more of a workout

Originally posted by erica127

i already lift weights & have been for about 8 months, but only do triceps once a week...but since it's been summer time i am kinda slackin on my cardio cuz i love to go outside & do stuff cuz i feel more of a workout

have you been increasing your weights steadily?

i don't mean to imply that you're obtuse or anything, but some women never increase their weight amounts but wonder why they're not getting "toned."

Originally posted by wideskies

have you been increasing your weights steadily?

i don't mean to imply that you're obtuse or anything, but some women never increase their weight amounts but wonder why they're not getting "toned."

it's ok hunny...yes i have been increasing them steadily...i started off at 5lbs, then went up to 8lbs, then 10 lbs, & sum exercises i use 15 lbs for...it depends which exercise i use for my tricpes, but for the most part i am only usin 10 & 15 lb weights....my arms aren't that bad, but there's still a lil sumin i could loose

Originally posted by aljedynak

I think the toning is the key for me. I don't need to lose weight. I'm 5'7 and about 122lbs. I'll try the triceps dips and kick backs. 3x week should be good?

Tone = muscle + low bodyfat. If lack "tone", it's because either (a) you're too fat or (B) you don't have enough muscle. Probably (B) by the sound of it. Make sure you actually BUILD that muscle to the point where you have the "tone" you want! :aright:

I think the toning is the key for me. I don't need to lose weight. I'm 5'7 and about 122lbs. I'll try the triceps dips and kick backs. 3x week should be good?

NO - 2 x's per week max with high intensity. You want to build muscle not continually break it down. And don't worry - you will not look like "Chyna" - Unless of course you supplement with drugs.

Nautica

try that for now... see if its too much or too little... then go from there :) good luck... cardio is good but u definitely need to tone the area in order to tighten it up :)