Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OT - pharmicists?

what the hell? what kinda pharmacist makes 12/hr???

these guys make a base of 80,000 a year if im not wrong..and the requirements in college are ridiculous. u gota b a fuckin phsyics/chem wiz...and be able to deal with constantly changing issues regarding medicine....

i really duno any broke ass pharmacists...

maybe u were thinkin of those assistants

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

what the hell? what kinda pharmacist makes 12/hr???

these guys make a base of 80,000 a year if im not wrong..and the requirements in college are ridiculous. u gota b a fuckin phsyics/chem wiz...and be able to deal with constantly changing issues regarding medicine....

i really duno any broke ass pharmacists...

maybe u were thinkin of those assistants

really????? :rolleyes:

when I graduated last year from school, kids coming out of pharmacy school were starting at about $70-$80k with sign on bonus (a free lexus or benz sometimes) at lets say a drug store like CVS, walgreens, etc. Working for a hospital where the enviroment is less hectic, probably start at around $55k+. Check out the Albany School Of Pharmacy or St. Johns in Queens has a really good program, but I heard it's minimum 6 years now to complete. The demand is high right now, but as with everything (IT, Financial) it will be saturated down the road and tougher to find jobs because so many kids are going into pharmacy school right now just because the money is so good. I know a few people who are pharmacists, make out good, but it's a job where you constantly stand all day and very busy.

oh also whoever said the $12/hr thing was probably talking about techs, I was going to do the tech work at St. Vincents in SI a few years ago in the summer when I was home from school but said screw it, I did IT work like a moron, thank god I got out of the field of computer shit, its such a waste.

Originally posted by reddog4063

im pretty ignorant on this subject so please forgive me, but dont pharmacists just fill perscriptions and count out pills? what other jobs do they have to do?

let me end some misconceptions about what pharmacist job is about ....

here is a good part:$$$ yes , right now they pay me $39/hr plus since i'm in a union medical, dental, and prescriptions are free ...also a have 3 weeks vacation (but i'm already 5 yrs with company) 10 sick days and 11 holidays

Also there is no fear of loosing job in near future cause baby boomers generation are getting old....

If you want to make even more $$$---states like Montana pays around $110-120,000/year (cause there is only ONE pharmacy in 100 mile radius, and even the worse situation with nightlife he he he , unless you're very BIG wilderness fan :)) ) New York actually is the worst paying state , I think so for bigger cash go to west coast...

Now the BAD part....... Did you see all those holidays and sicks days above??? Forget you can add them up to your vacation or even use them up during the year , getting replacement is a major headache. So unless you have a major emergency you are first to ask your coworker to replace you (and he just as exausted and needs his day off as you do!!) Every year I never ever use my holidays/sick days---yes, I get my money back at the end of a year cause I'm in a union, but the big chunk goes to freaking Uncle Sam and those who get supported by him.....

Never worked 12 hr days? How about 12 hr days with 5 minutes lunch interrupted by customers and phone calls?? How about that during the day you really have to use your brain to check the prescriptions AND make sure your doctor does not want to poison your young life ?? But that's not all : do you want to try being a boxer's bag?? that's what pharmacist is for many people who think a pharmacist is a good way to relieve their stress after waiting hours in doctor's office or having fight with their girlfriend...

Don't forget that you will have to work AT LEAST every other weekend, most of the time major holidays....

I used to go out almost every day, sleep 3-4 hrs and work 12 hrs next day

but after a year forget it ...where is all the energy?? and i'm only 25..

this job does not pay you this kind of money for nothing, there is no free ride ... the only thought that keeps me going is that I can use $$ to go to Europe 's major parties like Mayday, Shockers, Creamfields and so on.. cause the memories and experiences are the only valuable things for me...

PS> no we don't get Mercedes or Lexuses for signing up ....

Pharmacy school is crazy shit!!.... I just got done with my first year at Albany College of Pharmacy and it was by far one of the hardest things I've done (sad, but true). I'm in the doctor of pharmacy program, so that's 6 years, but there is also a 5 year program--but you don't get your phd.

Pharmacists do make really good money, but it takes so much hard work and dedication to get there. I know someone who graduated last year and he is already making $110,000 a year!... he's up in Maine now though, so salary depends on where you're located.

As far as what you can do as a pharmacist, there are so many places you can work..... hospitals, CVS, Eckerd etc etc, you can do nuclear pharmacy, home care pharmacy, government pharmacist, big pharmaceutical companies, etc, etc, etc....

If you're really serious about becoming a pharmacist, go for it... the country is apparently on a shortage which means more job opportunities and more money when you graduate. But at the same time, those years you will be in school are Definitely gonna be hell! There is work to be done all the time.... I was lucky enough to go out here and there to clubs and bars... but then would have to study for an exam the next morning with a hangover :-\

But anyways, goodluck with whatever you decide to do! :spin2: :spin2:

Yeah, When I'm 70 I want to get my heart medication from some assfuck that has 'the best box etc etc" plastered all over his signature. What are you, like 17?

I H I

"Plowing boxes since junio high and not needing to jerk off to faux ones"

Originally posted by nafania

let me end some misconceptions about what pharmacist job is about ....

here is a good part:$$$ yes , right now they pay me $39/hr plus since i'm in a union medical, dental, and prescriptions are free ...also a have 3 weeks vacation (but i'm already 5 yrs with company) 10 sick days and 11 holidays

Also there is no fear of loosing job in near future cause baby boomers generation are getting old....

If you want to make even more $$$---states like Montana pays around $110-120,000/year (cause there is only ONE pharmacy in 100 mile radius, and even the worse situation with nightlife he he he , unless you're very BIG wilderness fan :)) ) New York actually is the worst paying state , I think so for bigger cash go to west coast...

Now the BAD part....... Did you see all those holidays and sicks days above??? Forget you can add them up to your vacation or even use them up during the year , getting replacement is a major headache. So unless you have a major emergency you are first to ask your coworker to replace you (and he just as exausted and needs his day off as you do!!) Every year I never ever use my holidays/sick days---yes, I get my money back at the end of a year cause I'm in a union, but the big chunk goes to freaking Uncle Sam and those who get supported by him.....

Never worked 12 hr days? How about 12 hr days with 5 minutes lunch interrupted by customers and phone calls?? How about that during the day you really have to use your brain to check the prescriptions AND make sure your doctor does not want to poison your young life ?? But that's not all : do you want to try being a boxer's bag?? that's what pharmacist is for many people who think a pharmacist is a good way to relieve their stress after waiting hours in doctor's office or having fight with their girlfriend...

Don't forget that you will have to work AT LEAST every other weekend, most of the time major holidays....

I used to go out almost every day, sleep 3-4 hrs and work 12 hrs next day

but after a year forget it ...where is all the energy?? and i'm only 25..

this job does not pay you this kind of money for nothing, there is no free ride ... the only thought that keeps me going is that I can use $$ to go to Europe 's major parties like Mayday, Shockers, Creamfields and so on.. cause the memories and experiences are the only valuable things for me...

PS> no we don't get Mercedes or Lexuses for signing up ....

PS> yes they do, in states like texas, arizona, and some places in Florida...

peace

jonathan