Clubplanet Nightlife Community

House & Hip~hop On The Main Floor What Do U Think????

PICK YOUR FAVTO HEAR IN A CLUB  

42 members have voted

1. 1. PICK YOUR FAVTO HEAR IN A CLUB

• HIP-HOP?
    • REGGAE?
    • HOUSE?
    • FREESTYLE?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tastyt

But what's wrong with liking what you like??? How does that suck? I've been partying for 9 years; I've been exposed to a lot of different musical styles in that time. Just within the past few years have my tastes really started to become defined; and yes, defined they are.

What's wrong with having strongly-developed tastes? That's what passion springs from. Music isn't just a release for me or many others, or just something to do on the weekends, it's a passion that feeds my soul.

There is absoulty nothing wrong with liking what you like. Thats whats makes you "you"!!

I guess I am just looking at this from the stand point of just parting. The NY scene is dying or maybe its already dead who knows, and it seems that people are so resistant to any type of change.

Maybe putting hip hop and house together would work, if it was givin a chance.

It has worked and does work in other cities so why not New York??

I guess that is the question, why can't it work here??

Originally posted by kaligirl

I guess I am just looking at this from the stand point of just parting. The NY scene is dying or maybe its already dead who knows, and it seems that people are so resistant to any type of change.

Maybe putting hip hop and house together would work, if it was givin a chance.

It has worked and does work in other cities so why not New York??

I guess that is the question, why can't it work here??

Well, house and hip-hop has already been combined, in a sense, at a lot of venues. They're just spun in different rooms.

I'm also a little confused- is it the same dj spinning both styles of music, or do they switch on and off?

Well, house and hip-hop has already been combined, in a sense, at a lot of venues. They're just spun in different rooms.

I'm also a little confused- is it the same dj spinning both styles of music, or do they switch on and off?

I would assume its the same dj. From what I have experienced, it will be mostly hip hop and then maybe about 4-5 tracks of house will be played and then back to hip hop.

So I would assume it would be the same dj. And yes, its all in one room.

I would assume its the same dj. From what I have experienced, it will be mostly hip hop and then maybe about 4-5 tracks of house will be played and then back to hip hop.

So I would assume it would be the same dj. And yes, its all in one room.

But... but... that doesn't really sound like a mixed party, if it's almost all hip-hop. What happen at the house clubs? :confused:

But... but... that doesn't really sound like a mixed party, if it's almost all hip-hop. What happen at the house clubs? :confused:

I mean it is mixed to an extent. Honestly when I lived there there was only about 1 maybe 2 clubs that even played house music all the time. I don't remember ever going into them. Only because in San Diego it is common to go to the club with the largest line outside.lol And guess what, that was usually the hip hop clubs.

It wasn't until after I left that those types of clubs started poping up(about 3 yrs ago). And its funny because thats when "e" became really popular. I had heard of it of course but no one ever did it in a club.

I mean it is mixed to an extent. Honestly when I lived there there was only about 1 maybe 2 clubs that even played house music all the time. I don't remember ever going into them. Only because in San Diego it is common to go to the club with the largest line outside.lol And guess what, that was usually the hip hop clubs.

It wasn't until after I left that those types of clubs started poping up(about 3 yrs ago). And its funny because thats when "e" became really popular. I had heard of it of course but no one ever did it in a club.

Well that might explain it- SD was just not a house town. NYC is. I mean, yeah, It's a hip-hop town too- obviously! lol But they're both very well defined scenes, ya know what I'm sayin? It's not like starting from scratch, where one doesn't really exist, and incorporating it into the existing scene. It would be an attempt to blend two very different, already-existing entities.

o btw corny jersey clubs will throw the hip hop house mix at ya, like at hunka bunka and man does that just ruin the mood when ur dancing, house and trance and tech can be switched up, but once you start putting completely different music genres you mine as well say ktu is broadcasting :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mattm2o

Where are u from?

What clubs becides the euro trash lounges do this?

YOU GUYS HAVE TO TURN IT DOWN A NOTCH. I JUST ASKED A QUESTION. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINON... AND I PERSONALLY HAD A BETER TIME WHEN I HEAR DIFFERENT KINDS OF MUSIC

For the love of God, the NY scene is not dying because the big rooms aren't playing a mix of hip hop and house. Nor would it ever help alleviate the current nightlife situation. The scene is dying because a) venues are being harassed by our wonderful elected city officials, and B) a smoking ban. We have a psycho mayor who only thinks in dollar signs and fines, he's the reason nyc nightlife is dying. There are plenty of smaller venues that play both hip house in NYC, there is absolutely no need for that mix on the main floor of a big club. I personally think it would be a disgrace to the scene, well whatevers left of it anyhow.

Originally posted by caponeslistao

YOU GUYS HAVE TO TURN IT DOWN A NOTCH. I JUST ASKED A QUESTION. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINON... AND I PERSONALLY HAD A BETER TIME WHEN I HEAR DIFFERENT KINDS OF MUSIC

YO MAN I TOTALLY FEEL WHAT YER SAYIN. PEEPS BE GIVIN NO REEZPEKT TO HIP HOP IN DA CLUBZ TODAY. FUCK ALLDAT HOUSE SHIT N' STUFF. I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO COULD POSSIBLY TAKE MORE HORSE COCK THAN YOU. I LOVED TH PICTURES YOU SENT ME OF THE GERBIL JAMMIN SESSION FROM MONDAY NIGHT SIIIIIIIICK BEATZ YO. SHIT BE TRYIN TO FADE ME LIKE I AINT HARD AND SHIT. YO, HERE'S THE DEFINITION OF BEATIALITY IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW:bes·ti·al·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bsch-l-t, bs-)

n. pl. bes·ti·al·i·ties

The quality or condition of being an animal or like an animal.

Conduct or an action marked by depravity or brutality.

Sexual relations between a human and an animal.

SICK SHIT YO!! SORRY I DIDN'T COME CORRECT WIT THE ALL CAPS TO MAKE SURE THESE PEEPS HEAR ME BUT I GOT KINDA CAUGHT UP DISLODGING THE ASSMASTER3000 FROM YOUR MOM'S ASS. WON'T LET YOU DOWN AGAIN MAN.

Actually many successful clubs DO mix music...almost every club in Long Island plays a mix and they are all doing very well...The Hamptons especially...

Capone you know Im with you on this one!! I got your back!!! lol and im def down for a club to add some freestyle into the mix!!! I LOVEEEEEE freestyle and I dont think Ive ever been to a club that has done so...

why is everyone getting so rowdy on this topic!!! If you dont like mixed music...dont go that venue! :blah:

Well first off WEBSTERHALL doesnt mix HIP HOP with HOUSE they have separate rooms for that. THANK GOD. And personally i dont think any club should mix music especially HIP HOP and HOUSE, and for allthose djs that say when they play house and hip hop i doubt that you play HOUSE TRACKS with a DANNY T feeling. Keep it in separate rooms. Why not mix ROCK with hp hop then. And leave HOUSE ALL ALONG.

Originally posted by sexybeautiful

Actually many successful clubs DO mix music...almost every club in Long Island plays a mix and they are all doing very well...The Hamptons especially...

Capone you know Im with you on this one!! I got your back!!! lol and im def down for a club to add some freestyle into the mix!!! I LOVEEEEEE freestyle and I dont think Ive ever been to a club that has done so...

why is everyone getting so rowdy on this topic!!! If you dont like mixed music...dont go that venue! :blah:

thanks a lot sexybeautiful... i need your back!!! lol I TRYED TO BE NICE ABOUT THE SITUATION,BUT YOU PEOPLE ARE VICIOUS. I JUST WONDER HOW OLD ALL YOU GUYS ARE???