Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Limelight?????? Tunnel??????

Do You miss the old NYC club scene (limelight tunnel etc....)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do You miss the old NYC club scene (limelight tunnel etc....)

• Yes, when the hell is it comming back
    • No, it was to drug filled and shady
    • EHHH it was give or take to begin with

HRMMMMMM..... it's been sucha long time since i've stepped in the doors to limelight, and tunnel...... last time i was at tunnel i went to a party (one nation) and it rocked (cept for the heat haha the flyer said "tunnels state of the art cooling system lmao) and limelight..... the fun times i've had there...... i just have to ask.... do any of you miss them? I know alot of people i know miss tunnel and limelight...... O AND BTW does anyone know when they are opening limelight again???? grrrr type back!

"limelight" and "tunnel" will never be back.

The Limelight building will be opened under new owners, new design, but what people remember as the "Limelight Life" will never be back. And "Tunnel" has been made into a catering hall so that locale won't be renovated into another club.

You can just kiss all that good-bye cuz the 90's party life is loooooooooooong gone. And never will return... :(

Originally posted by misskittie

"limelight" and "tunnel" will never be back.

Yep... those days are long gone folks. It's a different world nowadays, things ain't never gonna be the way they used to be. No doubt, I would love to relive it all... but it's just not gonna happen.

Hold onto your memories, but look towards the future...

Umm all I can do it laugh right now.

The one nation party, when about was that? And when did you FIRST step into Tunnel? Were you there back in 96, 97, 98? Or just simply the very end when it was coming to a close?

the one nation party at tunnel was 2001 i think

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

the one nation party at tunnel was 2001 i think

I figured that he wasn't there when it was the "real" Tunnel Experience.

DJERIK: You're looking simply at some pathetic end of the era parties. You don't know what many who were partying there years before you know. I'm not trying to sound like a bitch but the Tunnel that existed years before that was the REAL DEAL. What you're talking about isn't. They should have closed their doors LONG before then so the real glory of Tunnel wasn't tarnished. :(

I figured that you weren't there when it was the "real" Tunnel Experience. You're looking simply at some pathetic end of the era parties. You don't know what many who were partying there years before you know. I'm not trying to sound like a bitch but the Tunnel that existed years before that was the REAL DEAL. What you're talking about isn't. They should have closed their doors LONG before then so the real glory of Tunnel wasn't tarnished. :(

After '99... I wouldn't even step foot inside of that club.

no no no you don't sound liek a bitch..... i understand that.... which is why i wish i did.... but all my frineds did go when it was great. GRRRRR it does suck cause it is a different time..... there are so many stupid shit rules that the mayors (Gulliani and Bloomfuck) have put down..... we need someone that will give it up and let nyc return to normal....... RIGHT NOW IS NOT NORMAL...... NYC HAS NEVER BEEN RAN BY DISNEY AND STARBUCKS lol...... even my father (a cop) was saying how he wished nyc was like it was now it's just a mall. i dunno..... history does repeat it's self....... but i don't think anything can get that great again :-\

so whats the point of having this poll? it's the same song everytime the words "tunnel" and "limelight" are brought up.

you have all the newbies asking "when is it opening again."

you have all the old skool heads saying "ahh memories."

it's like a broken record.

Originally posted by tastyt

After '99... I wouldn't even step foot inside of that club.

I have to admit, I did go back in the summer of 2001. There was some kind of rave there or something, I don't quite recall. My cousin and I went partying in the City beforehand, maybe to an Urban Promo Party, then headed back to Jersey for some eats. We deceided we weren't tired so I said, "Let's go to Tunnel. I wanna see how they've destroyed the soul of that club". So we went, and it was the saddest most depressing day in my "club career". Everything decor wise was the same but it was missing the magic it had those years in the 90's. It lost it's "carnival feel". It's diversity. It's darkness.

Man, the past few weeks I've been going over all my Tunnel Memories. I'm so disenchanted with the clubs and the vibe of today. I wish I could go back in time for just one more night in Tunnel. Just one...

:(

I have to admit, I did go back in the summer of 2001. There was some kind of rave there or something, I don't quite recall. My cousin and I went partying in the City beforehand, maybe to an Urban Promo Party, then headed back to Jersey for some eats. We deceided we weren't tired so I said, "Let's go to Tunnel. I wanna see how they've destroyed the soul of that club". So we went, and it was the saddest most depressing day in my "club career". Everything decor wise was the same but it was missing the magic it had those years in the 90's. It lost it's "carnival feel". It's diversity. It's darkness.

Man, the past few weeks I've been going over all my Tunnel Memories. I'm so disenchanted with the clubs and the vibe of today. I wish I could go back in time for just one more night in Tunnel. Just one...

:(

yeah, that was probably the one nation rave

Originally posted by dirtyepic18

yeah, that was probably the one nation rave

If it was July 3rd, then I don't think that was it. Strangely enough, I do remember exactly what I was wearing. :rolleyes: It was pretty empty in there and from some of the guys I had chatted with, it certainly wasn't packed to the brim earlier in the evening. Do you by chance remember the lineup of that night? If I hear some names, I may be able to recognize them.

The only thing I do remember indefinitely was they had drum and bass playing in the bathroom area. Anything else about it, I seem to have forgotten. But it wasn't a happy night for me. Although, I did get VIP treatment by one of the bouncers who recognized me from all the years prior. He tossed me over his shoulder when I was leaving and brought me to the car. lol Strange.

If it was July 3rd, then I don't think that was it. Strangely enough, I do remember exactly what I was wearing. :rolleyes: It was pretty empty in there and from some of the guys I had chatted with, it certainly wasn't packed to the brim earlier in the evening. Do you by chance remember the lineup of that night? If I hear some names, I may be able to recognize them.

The only thing I do remember indefinitely was they had drum and bass playing in the bathroom area. Anything else about it, I seem to have forgotten. But it wasn't a happy night for me. Although, I did get VIP treatment by one of the bouncers who recognized me from all the years prior. He tossed me over his shoulder when I was leaving and brought me to the car. lol Strange.

i wasnt at the rave myself, so i cant say i know anything about the lineup... i only remember it was at the tunnel in 2001 because i went to one nation last year when it moved to the hamerstien ballroom, and i remember SOE writing a brief history of the rave (all two years at that point) and them mentioning tunnel was the origional location.