Clubplanet Nightlife Community

another question (only for girls) about period....

thrillfire

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

no period for a few months sounds like a good deal to me :)

i didn't have it for a year or so at one point in my life. i was put on the pill to bring it back because the docs said that wasn't healthy and some other blahblahblah mumbojumbo :no: . party poopers.

think of this, though: if i lost my period altogether, i most likely was infertile. when on the pill, i have a .1% chance of getting pregnant. i, as someone who never wants to have kids, figure that birth control won't ever be much of a problem for me, in general. cool, eh :aright: ?

Uh huh, here we go:

Cancer Prevention Breakthrough ? The Latest News From Ob/Gyns: It May Be Healthier For You to Skip Your Periods.

Redbook , March 2001

Summary:

This "Red alert health" column details the use of birth control pills and other techniques to control the frequency and length of a woman's periods. The article states that doctors are fairly confident that it's safe to use the Pill to suppress bleeding for long stretches and that many female doctors use the technique themselves.

The article states that it's a misconception that having a period every month is healthy. "From a biological and evolutionary point of view regular menstruation was never part of the plan," says Sheldon Segal, Ph.D., co-author of Is Menstruation Obsolete?"

Freedolph Anderson, M.D., an ob/gyn researcher at Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, VA says that after more than 30 years' experience of prolonged period suppression with Depo-Provera, "We know that there are no health deficits, and we know that women do not develop gynecologic problems, from not menstruating."

Taking birth control pills the usual way with monthly periods offers many health benefits including:

Lower rates of ovarian and endometrial cancers and ovarian cysts – 40% lower risk in women taking the Pill

Relieves symptoms of endometriosis

Doctors are not sure yet whether using the Pill to reduce the number of periods will lend women even more protection.

The article counsels that not everyone is a good candidate for longer cycles and that women seeking to use the Pill to skip periods should do so under the supervision of their doctor.

Other methods being used to control periods are:

Medicated IUD – Mirena (Berlex Laboratories) is inserted for up to five years and suppresses menstruation after about three months.

Quarterly Pill – Seasonale (Barr Laboratories) produces four bleeding sessions a year. Expected availability of the new pill formulation is spring of 2003.

Originally posted by lizard23

You need to talk to your doctor 1st. If you are on a pill like Ortho Tricyclen or Triphasil it will not work. You have to be on a pill that has the same, continuous amount of hormones in each one.

thats not true. i take ortho and i skip all the time. my dr said they are even going to package a 3 month type pill sometime soon called seasonal... with ortho, when you hit the green pills, throw away the pack and start a new pack on the white pills. the thing that sux is that you go through pills a lot faster but i have to admit, i skip like every other month hehe.

A new pill is coming out, next year I think, called Seasonale... with it you only get your period four times a year. Personally it sounds to me like taking it a bit too far as far as fucking with your hormones go... but I thought you ladies might appreciated the info.

Originally posted by tastyt

A new pill is coming out, next year I think, called Seasonale... with it you only get your period four times a year. Personally it sounds to me like taking it a bit too far as far as fucking with your hormones go... but I thought you ladies might appreciated the info.

there is one they are comin out w that u get it only once a year, but thats reeeeeeeeeeeeally pushin it. god a friggin period only lasts a few days, tough it out... i mean it sux and all dont get me wrong , but, beein able to skip it a few times is good enough for me, but i only do that when its necessary. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by tastyt

Put me on that ASAP! :D