Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weddings

sassa

Originally posted by sassa

anyone ever try to think how they'd like to get married? what to wear, who to invite, what kind of food/entertainment? when would it happen and where?

Sheeeet !!! Since nowadays girls dont even consider taking up her hubby-to-be's surname...hmmmmm... I'm all about a civil (I'm talking 'bout going to the judges' office) and tying the knot with no more than two witnesses decked out in office wear...and running back to work just in time for the afternoon session. :D

More money to invest in the kids college fund. Its a win-win situation :D

Usually whenever I go to a wedding, I start thinking about how I'd like my own to be....

The most I know now is that I want it to be somewhat small/intimate, and have beautiful flower arrangements with lots of white roses....that's all I've came up with so far ;)

Hey, what about you? I remember you sayin you were engaged....any plans yet for your wedding? Have you set a date?

Originally posted by Mystify22

Usually whenever I go to a wedding, I start thinking about how I'd like my own to be....

The most I know now is that I want it to be somewhat small/intimate, and have beautiful flower arrangements with lots of white roses....that's all I've came up with so far ;)

Hey, what about you? I remember you sayin you were engaged....any plans yet for your wedding? Have you set a date?

no date. but one thing for sure: don't want to have a wedding where my family invites every person they know. its my day and i'll have only people i care and know, like friends, fellow students, professors, cool relatives, etc. but even then, won't have more than 100 people hopefully at the event. i know way more people than that, but realistically, probably half of them are around the world and wouldn't be able to make it.

since idealistically, i'd like to be married only once in my life, i want to have a small wedding with the above. on the beach would be ideal, but if not, in a natural setting. other than that, i have no idea...:D

except that i'd like to cook for it. :laugh:

I know all ready what I am doing. My 2 best friends have been married in the last three years. One was in Oct. 2000 (which is currently in the process of getting divorced) and one a few weeks ago. There is so much time and effort and money that goes into it. It is very stressful for all involved.

When I am married I am flying to Vegas or a nice Beach. with a few friends of mine. My girl brings a few friends and we get married that way. When we come back we let everyone know at a party that we throw. That way we save money, and it will be a small intimate (sp?) affair.

I can only help that the girl I marry wants to do the same thing I do.

Beach weddings can turn into disasters, it almost did for my friend. It had rained for about 1/2 hr delaying the ceremony and throwing off the photos needed w/ the appropriate sunlight. Not to mention the humidity and wind blowing sand into everyone's faces and frizzing everyone's hair. They seem more romantic in movies.

M entire life i have wanted a HUGE wedding with my whole family...(which is enormous...my dad alone has 12 bros & sis's leaving me with 24 first cousins on his side) but now that i am older and realizing some shit..im changing my mind...

im scared that if i marry my boyfriend our families wont get along...well some members at least...so rather than stress me out on my big day, im reconsidering. I def. cant do the small wedding thing cuz as you can see, there is no small involved...so i am thinking...IF we got married...maybe i would go to beach...that would be pretty cool...and its the marriage that should be the only thing on my mind that day...not if people are gunna get along...:rolleyes:

lol, he may freak out if he reads this and sees how i thought about it:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Im spanish so we always have big weddings with drunk family all over the place. My sisters wedding was the best, she married a Croatian (sp?) guy. All his side of the family sat down while my side danced like crazy, finally after a few drinks we got all them up :)

I wanna have a spring/summer wedding....a simple off the shoulders white dress, beautiful pink & white flowers, my bridesmaids in pale pink silk spaghetti strap dresses...a big church..a lovely reception hall...yea a girl can dream :)