Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What gym do you go to?

Mystify

Originally posted by ninadd

I belong to the same 2 gyms ( world in paramus NJ ) and Ballys is crap. Its a new gym but the eqipment is old and rusted WTF!!! How do you have a new gym and old equipment.

you like world?? I just moved to hasbrouck heights a few months ago, i joined the Bally's in Saddle Brook but for many of the things you already mentioned, i dont like it for much other then just doing morning cardio (b/c nobody is there and you can actually get on what u want to use) and still drive all teh way to hoboken to lift everynite

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ninadd

I belong to the same 2 gyms ( world in paramus NJ ) and Ballys is crap. Its a new gym but the eqipment is old and rusted WTF!!! How do you have a new gym and old equipment.

really? thats strange...the bally's location here was recently renovated...basically the old facility was underground, just one level and had been there for 20 or so yrs. is what i was told...then they shut that down and built a brand spanking new 4-level facility (with one of the levels underground where they have all these hot chix who come in for yoga classes) with a swimming pool (altho its only 3-feet deep, lol) + sauna + jacuzzi...and they dumped ALL of the old machines, even the cardio, and every single thing, even the weights are all new....if it wasnt as crowded with lamers i would've kept going there but unfortunately thats not the case...but its really a top gym facility

the one in Saddle Brook looks like its fairly new, but its got one level with a whirlpool thats always full of 60+ year old men and women, its got a decent amount of cardio equiptment (which is why i go there for my morning cardio cause its close to my house), but the actual lifting section of the club is probably about 40ft x 80ft....and always packed.

Originally posted by elementx:

But the gym I go to I have gotten so used to and there is no down payment and monthly only $30.00

yo element...what gym do you go to? I only know of gyms that f* you by making you pay a 'one-time fee' in order to pay monthly w/no contracts (but in actual, there are always contracts). 30 a month is awesome. thanks.

Crunch.. :D. mainly the one on 83rd and Columbus by my house but there are ilke 7 or 8 gyms through out the city.

they have unique and innovative classes... Urban Rebounding, bosu Pilates, Cardio Strip.. and they usually have newer equipment in all the gyms. lafayette is open 24 hours! and almost all of them have boxing rings.

i pay like 60 a month for the passport (all gyms) but its the corporate rate. i think a regular membership is like 80 or 90

i pay ~$145.00/ yr for bally premier membership.

i like the ones in manhattan cuz i can work out and go home quickly. it's a dirty club but the equipment is good and fairly cheap. there isn't even any eye candy.

they make it seem nice in the tv advertisements, but it is not true from my experience.

did they close the one on 32nd st?

Originally posted by anotherway83

im a member at 2 gyms, bally's (directly across the street from me, its huge) and world gym (the same gym and location where arnold schwarzenneger first started working out, yep!)...bally's is totally crap...i mean its got good amenities and shit but most of the ppl. are there only to show off and check out other chix and shit...so for ne1 serious abt working out i recommend NOT going to these big-name gyms...

the world gym where i now go is much smaller but there are way fewer ppl. (like on average only 10 or so), very little distraction, top quality machines...its a flat rate of 300 bux a yr.

bally's i pay 27 bux a month, premium membership

Originally posted by nyckitty69

i pay ~$145.00/ yr for bally premier membership.

i like the ones in manhattan cuz i can work out and go home quickly. it's a dirty club but the equipment is good and fairly cheap. there isn't even any eye candy.

they make it seem nice in the tv advertisements, but it is not true from my experience.

did they close the one on 32nd st?

really? wow, 145 is amazing, i dont know of any gym that charges that less! and i've been to 24-hr fitness, powerhouse, golds, world, bally's...thats great :D

the bally's across from me isnt really loaded with chix as in the adverts, but then u cant expect them to show average ppl., cos then 90% of the guys wouldnt bother showing up heheh :tongue:

but u do see sum hotties now and then, which is one of the reasons i still go there for cardio+abs

just got a free month over at WOW in fairview, but i normally work out at the FDU GYM in madison!!!!!!!!...............i gotta say the WOW def brings in some TOYT azz women!!!!!!!!!!, very distracting and thank god its only for a month................BUT overall a very good GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!

im currently in the process of writing up a business plan to open up a new gym so if anyone has any info and can help out e-mail me at

roddigga13@aol.com

thanks

and mysty, your gym sounds very nice......i would def like to come see it sometime and talk to the owners since i am from BERGEN COUNTY...............see what you can do about some passes!!!!!!!

Originally posted by roddigga

and mysty, your gym sounds very nice......i would def like to come see it sometime and talk to the owners since i am from BERGEN COUNTY...............see what you can do about some passes!!!!!!!

You just pick the day and we'll go - I have tons of free passes!

I'll buy ya a protein shake afterwards if you show me some good shoulder stuff ;)

Originally posted by Mystify22

You just pick the day and we'll go - I have tons of free passes!

I'll buy ya a protein shake afterwards if you show me some good shoulder stuff ;)

WOW, i was just thinking the same thing!!!!, we're on the same page here!!!!!!!.............................AMAZING!!!!!!, shoulders, YES!!!, good idea........................

its your gym, so the proteins shake is on me!!!!!....................

ill just meet you there though, i here the roads are pretty dangerous around bergen county.............................

WOW, i was just thinking the same thing!!!!, we're on the same page here!!!!!!!.............................AMAZING!!!!!!, shoulders, YES!!!, good idea........................

its your gym, so the proteins shake is on me!!!!!....................

ill just meet you there though, i here the roads are pretty dangerous around bergen county.............................

the roads are fine...its just all the people that cant drive that use them in this county that are the problem lol

Originally posted by berniec

the roads are fine...its just all the people that cant drive that use them in this county that are the problem lol

LOL..........i was just bustin her chops!!!!!!!!.............i know bergen county very well, i lived in new milford for 23 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was just saying that cause i got into a couple minor accidents in the past coupld weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

i was just saying that cause i got into a couple minor accidents in the past coupld weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol - see you just proved my point! j/k

i swear there is a higher concentration of retired folks who should have turning in their licenses' YEARS ago living in bergen county then anywhere else in the US!! It just seems like EVERYONE around here is out for a sunday drive all the time and in their own lil world!

they have classes, I never went, but my co-worker likes the classes, they have the standard aerobics and yoga classes, taebo stuff, ...

oh, a correction, my last annual bill was ~$165.00. the good thing about ballys is u pay $30-45 a month for 3 yrs, after that u pay a flat annual rate as a thank u for your support. for that price w/ good equipment it's not a bad deal especially w/ this economy. they give lots of guest passes too.

i go to a few bally's, 1 in queens, elmhurst, qns blvd cuz, & 2 in manhattan - 1 on 55th, another on 50th st? or is it 49? depending on my mood.

Originally posted by DANCEdeep

nyckitty69....which ballys do you go to? Plus, do they have fitness classes there as well? How are they there?

peace.

Originally posted by nyckitty69

oh, a correction, my last annual bill was ~$165.00. the good thing about ballys is u pay $30-45 a month for 3 yrs, after that u pay a flat annual rate as a thank u for your support. for that price w/ good equipment it's not a bad deal especially w/ this economy. they give lots of guest passes too.

oh yeah, but it works out even cheaper if u do it as a family add-on...my bro who was a full member added me on so now i pay just 27 bux for a premier membership (used to pay, cos i paid it off in one shot to save sumthing like 50-60 bux just on finance charges!)

i go to bally's on 20th st and 6th ave, doesn't have all the other cool stuff like the penta but it's more convenient for me. i brought my membership from someone who was selling it and was a member for yrs so i got a good deal, i pay 3 hundred and change for 4 yrs! love it :D

I go to the Bally's in Saddle Brook. I have been a member of Bally's for years so I pay only about $150 a year now.

I I have been so busy so I haven't been there much lately,. I just use my mini gym at home (treadmill, Bun & Thigh Rocker, Ab Roller and some work out tapes).

Originally posted by trancerxn112

CUNY Baruch student gym... its awesome... best gym ive ever been too really :) even has a sauna, swimming pool and squash courts... oh, best of all... its FREEEE!

it's not really free, if you look @ your bill you will see that they charge you for that no matter if you use it or not