Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THE OFFICAL SeXy @ THE RoXy REVIEW

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit drunk at first but sobered up by the end of the night.

SBDee was TRASHHEEDD!! Along with Karch(15 shots before entry will do that to a man) & GmoneyJive.

Good seeing Zeeker again too. Xtcgspot was pretty fucked too, wink wink. Shouts to the rest of the crew, u know who u are.

Originally posted by teklord310

I was a bit drunk at first but sobered up by the end of the night.

SBDee was TRASHHEEDD!! Along with Karch(15 shots before entry will do that to a man) & GmoneyJive.

Good seeing Zeeker again too. Xtcgspot was pretty fucked too, wink wink. Shouts to the rest of the crew, u know who u are.

Yeah I had a nice little buzz goin

According to some tools on this board, that would mean I only went to get fucked up & didn't know anything about the music :rolleyes:

Originally posted by cap1

I reallly cant express the great time i had at this party it was sick.... they should do this on a weekly basis :biggrin:

i dunno about a weekely basis because thats how it was b4 and it died out....but def once a month..it gives people something to look foward to:cool:

ok, well to get away from all the drama thats goin on here....i had a great time friday nite. good amount of ppl, great energy, classic tracks, and a nice buzz goin on (ok maybe more than a buzz). i got more drunk than i wanted to , as usual, but not tooooo drunk. i still have recollections of the whole nite, a few songs here and there i dont remember hearing, but at times i was in different parts of the room, and was somewhat distracted.

anyway, good seein the ol' crew again. bugout played a great set. actually very tsettos-esque if u ask me, but thats a good thing. a few of the tracks u dropped brought me back to tempts. nero was great too, and as everyone's already mentioned, johnny kicked all of our asses. track after track, classic after classic. the most memorable for me was the Moments in Love accapella into the regular mix. i'll def be there for the next time, i had too much fun to miss it :aright:

o and to add...i may not have been completely "sober", but i wasnt on any drugs. and i was clappin my hands, hollerin, whistelin, just like everyone else. u dont have to be rollin to be excited about the music and be into the music. the whole place was clappin their hands, u cant tell me u think the whole place was on drugs.

just my .02

Originally posted by xtcgspot

o and to add...i may not have been completely "sober", but i wasnt on any drugs. and i was clappin my hands, hollerin, whistelin, just like everyone else. u dont have to be rollin to be excited about the music and be into the music. the whole place was clappin their hands, u cant tell me u think the whole place was on drugs.

just my .02

:aright::werd: yea most people agree with u on here...unlike the other tools who stated that u have to be on drugs to express ur excitement....some people are just cluless:blown:

I don't see why someone has to be wasted to be enthusiastic. I personally can't whistle loud enough to make a difference... but if any DJ at all drops something I like you can be damn sure I will make an ass of myself about it if needbe, and that includes dancing around, jumping, yelling and singing... cause that's what we're all out here for right? And I have never rolled in my whole life...

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I don't see why someone has to be wasted to be enthusiastic. I personally can't whistle loud enough to make a difference... but if any DJ at all drops something I like you can be damn sure I will make an ass of myself about it if needbe, and that includes dancing around, jumping, yelling and singing... cause that's what we're all out here for right? And I have never rolled in my whole life...

:aright: i agree

Hey cp, fri night was one of the best times ive had at Roxy. It was great to see some faces i havent seen in a min. A big shout out to JV and BOB G, thanks for bringin me back for the reuion. it was a blast, cant wait for the next1. the crowd was lovely, no idiots miss behaving. sees like every1 was just enjoying themselves in the music. i played a nice tech house set allthough i came into the nite planning on a tribal/disco set. but i had a few new tracks i got from the places i spun, that i thought nyc would dig and it pushed me into this killer tech set with a lil obssession to boot!!! its a spiritual thing, lol i guess. the crowd was warm open minded n seem to feel everything all the djs were spinning. if u guys (whatever u were eating) share it with the rest of nyc N WAKE THESE PEOPLE UP. We need more night like fri. well awesome to see every1 again, il be away this week but the following week is my b day party, il post up the venue hopefully today as soon as its a lock.

thanks again

ant nero

ItS a BoDy Thing.......a SoUl ThInG........ GuIdOs dOnT uNdErStAnD hOuSe MuSiC.... a body thing a soul thing lol:blown:

agreed 100%

if u think u have to be fucked up to enjoy music so much that u clap and cheer and whistle, maybe a club isnt the place for you. I mean, if you're not into music that much to even cla, why go to a club and hear the music that loud? Just sit in your car or at your computer or in your room.....

Again thanks to Bobby and Johnny for throwin this party together and letting me be a part of it. My 45 min set felt like it was 2 mins long since i was having so much fun. Best part of the night by far was

Baugette into Crown into RESISTANCE into Moments accapella back into resistance back into Moments. Unreal....Johnny always leaves some dope shit for the crowd that stays late--

cant wait till we can do it again

WOW...to all those people who said house is dead and hip hop has become the next progression..you should've been to the roxy this past friday. Progressive, hard house, trance, tribal & vocals were in full effect at this sexy at the roxy reunion. Watching the music progressions over the years..it does seem that in todays times, everything appears to be going more & more into a hip hop, r&b and a reggae direction..even on a commercial level, look at the playlist from KTU and Z100 not to mention MTV which is just about all hip hop..billboard magazine shows about 75% to 80% of the top 25 albums sold on a weekly basis in the country are hip hop, r&b & reggae. With clubs like SF introducing hip hop on the main floor, with exit converting to hip hop on both fri & sat, with every lounge playing hip hop, old skool, & rock & roll as its format on the main floor..with attendence slipping for those international dj's coming to ny....with all this happening, we were not really sure if this party at the roxy on the 22nd was just a good idea whose time and place had gone...We had a lot of things going against us..the time of the year, meaning the week before labor day weekend, everyone going back out of state to school, the weather was beautiful which means the jersey shore was probably packed as well as the hamptons and so forth & so on. but...what happened to those people that show'd up this past friday was magical..there was a feeling of unity, of solidarity, of love for the music that was played by all the dj's especially vicious. there was a message here also that was being sent out to everyone..."this is our music, this was and is my time" . whether you remember the days of the tunnel, SF or whatever club you used to go to..that this wasn't just a runion of a party that lasted about a year, but that this was a reunion for you and your time, when everyone lived and breathed progressive, trance or hard beats of all kinds. an emotional reunion of a time when you couldn't wait for the weekend...maybe before sept 11th, maybe before the economy crashed, when nightlife was babylon...so watching the faces of those people that show'd, feeling the energy eminating from them, hearing the shouts.. welcoming the music as one would welcome an old friend...seeing the smiles on the many faces. the relentless dancing on the stage as well as the main floor, that after all is said and done, this august 22nd gathering was a big success and that we can do this type of party again and again..and the bottom line..the beats are alive & well..