Materialistic!!!

lollib

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sexxyme

Well I never said the rock has to be huge, I said the ring must be nice..and hey, if I don't love him, I won't be with him, don't forget that..before anything, the most important thing in the relationship is love!

Actually, I believe your exact words were, "whether you admit it or not, size REALLY does matter!!!" Nice try, though. :rolleyes:

Also, when I say financially stable, I mean..that he can afford to get a nice ring for a girl among other things and wont have to go into debt by doing so!

This statement is meaningless because you didn't answer my question about how expensive the ring has to be.

Originally posted by rackham

Actually, I believe your exact words were, "whether you admit it or not, size REALLY does matter!!!" Nice try, though. :rolleyes:

When I said that, I was commenting on others comments!! So, go over it and review it once again...

This statement is meaningless because you didn't answer my question about how expensive the ring has to be.

How expensive? see, ..it's not only the price that matters, it's also the quality of the diamond and how the diamond looks!

Look, Im not here to argue about this, I'm just telling you how I feel about things.. I am far from being a "gold digger", if any of you really know me, you'll know that it's true..but this is something I believe in, and I was stand up for what I believe and it doesn't matter what any of you have to say about it!

So, thank you for trying to point things out to me on this subject, but your opinions don't really matter to me;)

I would never rely on my spouse for financial support!!!..BUT..when it comes to this, I was raised to believe that a guy should be financially stable before he decides to propose to a girl!, which brings me to my previous quote...if you can't afford it, dont propose..how are you planning on getting married, if you're not financially stable?

I take it your parents are paying for your wedding 100% ?

Lets follow this whole Tradition thing...

"Tradition" would mean the womans parents pay for the wedding.

How often do you see that anymore... Yeah it does happen. But the "Tradition" is fading.

Secondly being that the couples are day by day more and more paying for there own weddings... And alot of people do not make back the money that they spend on there wedding from the gifts... And it they make the money back it is not that much more. Then you add saving for a house, paying all your current bills, and being he has to be financially stable usually means he would have to have a good job. And with some exceptions he would have had to go to college... ( Yup he is paying of that loan too )

I am sorry. I do not know a single woman that would want a huge rock on there finger instead of a place to call home...

And to me... Being able to buy a house alone in this world today is financially stable enough... You dont have to have a pricey ring on your finger to prove that. :rolleyes:

Some things are just more important.

Originally posted by elementx

I take it your parents are paying for your wedding 100% ?

Lets follow this whole Tradition thing...

"Tradition" would mean the womans parents pay for the wedding.

How often do you see that anymore... Yeah it does happen. But the "Tradition" is fading.

Secondly being that the couples are day by day more and more paying for there own weddings... And alot of people do not make back the money that they spend on there wedding from the gifts... And it they make the money back it is not that much more. Then you add saving for a house, paying all your current bills, and being he has to be financially stable usually means he would have to have a good job. And with some exceptions he would have had to go to college... ( Yup he is paying of that loan too )

I am sorry. I do not know a single woman that would want a huge rock on there finger instead of a place to call home...

And to me... Being able to buy a house alone in this world today is financially stable enough... You dont have to have a pricey ring on your finger to prove that. :rolleyes:

Some things are just more important.

And I totaly agree with you, that there are more important things in life than rings..BUT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A FUCKIN ENGAGMENT RING, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS...so let's get back on that subject..yes I want a nice engagment ring, and yes, I do want my bf to be financially stable before he decides to proposes me, BUT..I do think that the way two people feel about each other is a lot more important than a ring but I also think that when you go so far into the relationship as being engaged, you should def also think about all the things that go along with it, such as a house and family and a good job, and also money on the side, just incase you lose your job!!

So, please, dont turn this on me and say that all I want is an engagment ring or a laoded bf, because i dont...what i want is a good life with someone, who's im very happy with and know that i'll be good in the future and not live on the street!!!

Ahhhhh you people are fuckin' difficult

Ahhhhh you people are fuckin' difficult

If everyone were so easy this world would be so dull...

I am not raggin on you... It is just that one day you can be stable and the next you can be out on the street. But love should be unconditional... PERIOD... :love:

And U didn't answer my first question... Are your parents going to pay 100% of your wedding...

So, please, dont turn this on me and say that all I want is an engagment ring or a laoded bf, because i dont...what i want is a good life with someone, who's im very happy with and know that i'll be good in the future and not live on the street!!!

Not turning anything on you... We all want to live a good life with the person we love...

Sometimes we spend a hard life with the person we love...

Sometimes we spend a good life with the person we love...

Either way you are spending it with the one you love...

And in your statement before... I know it is an Engagement ring. But lets just say the guys grandmother or mother passed away. And had a nice ring and he didn't have to pay a penny for it. Would it upset you that he didn't did into his pocket... To me that ring holds more sentiment than money could ever buy...

If everyone were so easy this world would be so dull...

I am not raggin on you... It is just that one day you can be stable and the next you can be out on the street. But love should be unconditional... PERIOD... :love:

100%

And U didn't answer my first question... Are your parents going to pay 100% of your wedding...

Honestly, in my family, the girls parents always pays for the wedding...so yea, i dont see why they wouldnt, but i would def help, just because i dont like taking $ from my parents even if it is for my wedding.

Not turning anything on you... We all want to live a good life with the person we love...

Sometimes we spend a hard life with the person we love...

Sometimes we spend a good life with the person we love...

Either way you are spending it with the one you love...

And in your statement before... I know it is an Engagement ring. But lets just say the guys grandmother or mother passed away. And had a nice ring and he didn't have to pay a penny for it. Would it upset you that he didn't did into his pocket... To me that ring holds more sentiment than money could ever buy...

Ofcourse, thats completely different, that's a ring that has some meaning to it, and i'd be proud to wear that but we're not talking about that here...

Im done, this subject is closed for me

Have fun and good bye

Ofcourse, thats completely different, that's a ring that has some meaning to it, and i'd be proud to wear that but we're not talking about that here...

Im done, this subject is closed for me

Have fun and good bye

It has been fun... :tongue: ( Aries ) Love a good argument... :D

When I said that, I was commenting on others comments!! So, go over it and review it once again...

Oh, I see, you didn't actually mean what you said? So the size of the ring *doesn't* matter, then (even though you said it "REALLY" does)?

How expensive? see, ..it's not only the price that matters, it's also the quality of the diamond and how the diamond looks!

Look, Im not here to argue about this, I'm just telling you how I feel about things.. I am far from being a "gold digger", if any of you really know me, you'll know that it's true..but this is something I believe in, and I was stand up for what I believe and it doesn't matter what any of you have to say about it!

So, thank you for trying to point things out to me on this subject, but your opinions don't really matter to me;)

Congratulations on completely avoiding the question. :rolleyes:

You said that the size/quality/whatever of the engagement ring is a measure of the man's financial stability. Therefore, the PRICE of the ring obviously matters to you!

So I ask you again... just how "nice" does this ring have to be to prove that he's financially stable?

Oh, I see, you didn't actually mean what you said? So the size of the ring *doesn't* matter, then (even though you said it "REALLY" does)?

Congratulations on completely avoiding the question. :rolleyes:

You said that the size/quality/whatever of the engagement ring is a measure of the man's financial stability. Therefore, the PRICE of the ring obviously matters to you!

So I ask you again... just how "nice" does this ring have to be to prove that he's financially stable?

Dude, you need to get a life and stop reading between the lines..i answered a question the way i see it, there were no hidden lines there, so there is nothing to read in between...please, get a life and drive thru...!

Thanks

...I have family friends of my parents who couldn't afford to buy *any* ring at the very beginning and are still together 35 years later...I've also got friends in my age bracket who spent over 15G's on their engagement ring because they were making bank back in the boom days and now they have nothing but a divorce and a couple thousand dollars a month to pay in alimony...

...Its all relative...:aright:...

Dude, you need to get a life and stop reading between the lines..i answered a question the way i see it, there were no hidden lines there, so there is nothing to read in between...please, get a life and drive thru...!

Thanks

Reading between the lines? Please. You have clearly said that the man should be financially stable before he proposes (which I agree with, btw). You've also said that if he can't afford a "nice" ring, then he's not financially stable enough. I'm just asking you how nice the ring has to be to meet your criteria -- i.e., how much rock should he be able to afford? It's a simple question, and the fact that you can't stand up for your own statements is YOUR problem, not mine.

Originally posted by spragga25

i know - peeps find a way to bitch, moan and whine about everything...sorry hun.

Just because somebody disagrees doesn't mean they're bitching, moaning, or whining. It just means they disagree.

Calling it "drama" is a cheap way to avoid answering difficult questions. :aright: