Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD, Summer Stage review...

wow, I had a blast, and loved it. The sound was a little low, but it was an outdoor event so, not a whole lot they could have done. But I thought PVD was awesome. I got there an hour or so late, but here are the songs I remembered...

Second Sun - Empire(PVD mix)

PVD - For an Angel

G&D - ATRC

PVD - Nothing But You as his closer

pvd - Time of our Lives (twice)

NU NRG - Dreamland

James Holden - Nothing

Three Drives - Carrera 2 (Nu NRG Mix)

PVD - Connected

Tiesto - Traffic

Rank 1 - Breathing (breaks mix)

and a few more that are esacping me right now.

I had a great night. For the kind of event that it was, I thought he did awesome.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fwilso01

It was great........great set.....even liked that little bit of funky house

yeah definite nice touch... was it me or did one of those songs song like WMCA without the words. I was feeling that song.

after the SUN went down.............. the cowd got better....................but what did it for me is when PVD played CRUSH.......... AMAZING TUNE................................. "DO U WANT ME".......

and what finished me off is when he played FOR AN ANGEL..... OMFG:eek:

ps

i smelled weed every where which was funnny as hell :laugh: and the LASER SHOW WAS FUCKING AWESOME.............

sorry, too cheese trance for me.

he fuckin' ripped shit up the last time he was at the Roxy. i was expecting something like that - hard techno beats.

it's annoying to hear the same old shit again. i was pleased with only a few of the harder, techno-ish beats..

otherwise, once i heard "As the Rush Comes" i was looking for the exit.

otherwise, good chillin' with my peoplez. :aright:

I thought it was just OK...the first hour was weak...then he had some nice mixes. I thought ppl were having more fun than the music allowed. I guess being outdoors was an extra bonus that helped out the show

Originally posted by sandman1130

FUCKIN SICK - NUFF SAID

If you think that set was "fuckin sick" you have problems.

It was far from sick.

Boring, and monotanous with a few bombs here and there is far from what I call sick.

It was still a nice way to spend an evening and take advantage of the nice weather. The lasers were pretty phat.......

There should be a law against dancin around with funky armpits or bad body odor, esp. when u are trapped around it.

But it was a perfect day (weatherwise) 4 PVD( u lucky dog u) who was blinded by the setting sunlite as he entered the stage greeted with applause and cheers from a good size crowd... Surprisingly not too packed....at the time( later it became packed but not uncomfortably so

PVD....how do u say?.... was OFF DA HOOK...OUTTA SITE!!!!:eek::cool: and the laser lite show that flickered against the trees under the comfortable clearest nite sky....SPECTACULAR....

I could see how someone would say that the crowd was disgusting...but I was fortunate to become surrounded by some of the beautiful people who danced their asses off...whose pleasant smell killed that undesirable funk of the unbathed. And I THANK U:D ...

It's events like these that makes life good cuz you can come...get loose--act retarded (within reason) and not get arrested....And many fans were exercising there rite to PARTY-- get loose and acted retarded indeed....for example ....there was that guy running around cutting through the packed crowd like we were tall fields of grass to be nonchalantly slapped aside like nobodys business... and trying to get a chance to hit that big heineken plastic ball bouncing around over the crowd ( I'd believe you were on something ecstatic)....

BTW...u stepped on my new adidas...I grabbed your arm to keep u from colliding with me....but I felt like I could have thrown u into that ball....

And I believe I saw some CP members( a dude with an afro and a pretty asian girl, etc) directly in front of the stage getting down to da groove....and I think I caught a glimpse of DAve--the CP master who suddenly vanished within the blink of an eye...hope u all had the best time....it sure looked like it

And someone asked me for my # to pay for copies of the pics I took...please get back to me....I believe they'll come out good

A memorable event to start closing SUMMER 2003 off with....

:D :D :D

Originally posted by kitty19

sorry, too cheese trance for me.

he fuckin' ripped shit up the last time he was at the Roxy. i was expecting something like that - hard techno beats.

it was an outdoor event at Central Park, and PVD is a trance DJ. What the hell were you expecting? Him to come on and start playing tech that no one has heard before? There were a TON of people who obviously don't go to clubs there last night. i thought PVD did a great job showing those people what club music is like. That bs tech he played in April was repetetive and boring. If I wanted to hear that stuff, I would go to Arc, not check out PVD at summerstage. :rolleyes:

tech @ ARC? what, like every 2 months when picotto is in town..or like every 6 mths when hawtin and vath come thru??

as for the repetitive comment..tech sets r usually THE SHIT...i never heard PVD lay down some tech but im guessin he wouldnt suck at it that bad..

the best night of the summer. i was stuck in one place near the right of the stage for 4 hours, but i didnt care. when he turned on the laser lights, everything was turned up a notch. he was awesome. the only complaint i would have, is to all those dicks that kept walking back and forth through the crowd looking for their friends. fuckin stake your place and stay there or stay home.