Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra Music Festival Labor Day Event News & Information

Guest saleen351

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like i said we the electronic music lovers have to take some kind of action. Alot of things are happening here in Miami with the scene. First they wanted to cancel Ultra, raid at Space, and now this?? If WE don't act, things may go down the drain. Or am I being too paranoid here?????

Let's see. I wonder did the boys from ULTRA submit the proper paperwork to the Police and Fire Department 90 days before the event? Just out of curiosity. I wonder were their preliminary siteplans, fire evacuation plans, electrical plans, building permits and number of Police and Fire Rescue all in order?

A little birdie told me that ULTRA was lacking in this department and certain city officials just didn't want to be bothered with an event that was improperly put together.

Could this be true???

FC

Originally posted by festivalcre8or

A little birdie told me that ULTRA was lacking in this department and certain city officials just didn't want to be bothered with an event that was improperly put together.

Could this be true???

FC

It could be true,

But I'm willing to bet if it was a dog show, or a Jazz festival, things would have been worked out with minimal issues.

Originally posted by shroomy

It could be true,

But I'm willing to bet if it was a dog show, or a Jazz festival, things would have been worked out with minimal issues.

oh for sure! why not try another beach? sunny isles, hollywood, halouver? or hire extra cops from other cities? and the city of M.B is full of it too. that's why you MB residents should vote for Tony Guerra!

Building Permits? Fire evacuation stuff?!?! WTF?!?!. Its on the Beach, like.. theres nothing concering "fire evacuation" ??.. just jump on the beach and your safe or run anywhere .. lol.

And Yes, just like I said, they could have done it at another beach. Sunny Isled I dont know, its too small, butHoulouver fits perfect I think.. oh well, its done allready, Nothing we can do about but to have the Ultra team learn from its mistakes if there was anything done, and let out voice be heard in terms of POLITICS.

Originally posted by macboy

Haulover Beach...yeah, naked people dancing!! This is where it should be!

Sunny Isles would never go for it - they just couldn't handle a crowd of that size, not to mention having an extremely conservative city commission.

Bah! I lived and now live by Sunny Isles, their police stop you for anything.. they'r sick.. theres this park where me and friends used to go play Soccer, and they dont freaking let us, all because of the grass.. b/s. Plus there's no Beach on sunny isles where such a crowd would fit nor parking, I dont see it.. unless is done on the Nude Park next to it.. so thats why I say Houlouver beach, its big, at the end where the rocks are.. would be just great there. Nice overview, nice everything, plus plenty of parking.

Originally posted by liquidx

Building Permits? Fire evacuation stuff?!?! WTF?!?!. Its on the Beach, like.. theres nothing concering "fire evacuation" ??.. just jump on the beach and your safe or run anywhere .. lol.

And Yes, just like I said, they could have done it at another beach. Sunny Isled I dont know, its too small, butHoulouver fits perfect I think.. oh well, its done allready, Nothing we can do about but to have the Ultra team learn from its mistakes if there was anything done, and let out voice be heard in terms of POLITICS.

You obviously don't know anything about putting together a special event on the sand of Miami Beach. Do you really think it's just tell the city you want to do a gig and let's go? You say there doesn't have to be a fire evacuation plan? OK smart guy. Who's responsible if there's a major problem and all 6000 people have to evacuate the space immediately? You actually think that there's no plan for something like that? Let's talk about Building Permits. Miami Beach city code says any structure that's built higher than 3' has to be submitted to the building department. That's right smart guy. Stages, DJ Booths, ground support systems where the lighting and sound are flown. Yup. Drawings have to be submitted and you have to pull permits for it.

I tell you what. Take the information in my first post down to Miami Beach City Hall - Special Event Dept. Ask them do you have to follow the instruction that I laid out.

He he he. Some of us do special events for a living. Not just one time a year.

he he

FC

PS. One more thing. I'll bet you that all of this information wasn't submitted to Miami Beach 90 days before the event. There simply isn't anyone on ULTRA's staff that's qualified to do such things.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just to squash any rumors. Ultra has always and will always continue to take the proper and neccessary actions to make these events happen. It is no easy task but worthwhile because of the enjoyment the organizers and partons get from these events.

All proper procedures that were within Ultra's power were taken and completed successfully. It is unfortunate the the community board that serves the area of the 21st St Beach felt there would not be enough police officers to handle not only the Ultra attendees but the overflow of people that would be outside of the venue. Even with added security measures and precautions taken this event, though it originated at the 21st Street Beach many years ago, had to be moved.

We again ask that any thoughts you may have in this matter be directed to the appropriate city agencies. Not to sound like a rock the vote commercial. But if you are 18+ and a registered voter in the Miami Beach area you have the ability to Elect your representives that make decisions on these matters. Imagine if every attendee to Ultra actually voted. Or voiced their opinions....

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Just to squash any rumors. Ultra has always and will always continue to take the proper and neccessary actions to make these events happen. It is no easy task but worthwhile because of the enjoyment the organizers and partons get from these events.

All proper procedures that were within Ultra's power were taken and completed successfully. It is unfortunate the the community board that serves the area of the 21st St Beach felt there would not be enough police officers to handle not only the Ultra attendees but the overflow of people that would be outside of the venue. Even with added security measures and precautions taken this event, though it originated at the 21st Street Beach many years ago, had to be moved.

We again ask that any thoughts you may have in this matter be directed to the appropriate city agencies. Not to sound like a rock the vote commercial. But if you are 18+ and a registered voter in the Miami Beach area you have the ability to Elect your representives that make decisions on these matters. Imagine if every attendee to Ultra actually voted. Or voiced their opinions....

Who are you trying to fool with this post? The Miami Beach Police Department is one of the finest in the country when it comes to special events. They've worked alot bigger shows on 21'st than 6000 people. The fact of the matter is ULTRA was unprepared, as usual. Admit it!!

You say all proper procedures within ULTRA's powers? The security for the event is within their powers. That is if the Police Department is given a WELL THOUGHT OUT AND DOCUMENTED PLAN. That's why all of this information is to be submitted 90 days before the event. By the way. The 90 days is supposed to be the deadline.

Now about squashing rumors, here is some fact. The last ULTRA event at Bayfront Park didn't follow the guidelines of the Health Department. Where were the portable toilets with the sinks and running water?? Hell. They didn't even have enough PORTALET's for the amount of people that were there. Yeah by the way, there is a code for that. Yup. The Health Dept does have a guideline for how many toilets, urinals and sinks with running water per a certain amount of people.

You say doing these events aren't easy? yeah they aren't easy when you do a sloppy job of preparation. To tell you the truth. Putting together an event for 6000 people on the sand is rather easy. That is if you know what you're doing!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble Miss but I know all about your friends (ULTRA). If it's the cheapest way, then it's the best way. Unfortunately the ones who lose in this whole deal are the fans who wanted a beach party. ULTRA had their one chance in hell and they blew it. How did they blow it? Doing rookie mistakes.

Hey A and R, leave the big shows to the pros.

FC

PS. This whole fiasco is sound like Zen round 2. FACE IT. MIAMI BEACH DOESN'T WANT ULTRA!!!

Who are you trying to fool with this post? The Miami Beach Police Department is one of the finest in the country when it comes to special events. They've worked alot bigger shows on 21'st than 6000 people. The fact of the matter is ULTRA was unprepared, as usual. Admit it!!

You say all proper procedures within ULTRA's powers? The security for the event is within their powers. That is if the Police Department is given a WELL THOUGHT OUT AND DOCUMENTED PLAN. That's why all of this information is to be submitted 90 days before the event. By the way. The 90 days is supposed to be the deadline.

Now about squashing rumors, here is some fact. The last ULTRA event at Bayfront Park didn't follow the guidelines of the Health Department. Where were the portable toilets with the sinks and running water?? Hell. They didn't even have enough PORTALET's for the amount of people that were there. Yeah by the way, there is a code for that. Yup. The Health Dept does have a guideline for how many toilets, urinals and sinks with running water per a certain amount of people.

You say doing these events aren't easy? yeah they aren't easy when you do a sloppy job of preparation. To tell you the truth. Putting together an event for 6000 people on the sand is rather easy. That is if you know what you're doing!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble Miss but I know all about your friends (ULTRA). If it's the cheapest way, then it's the best way. Unfortunately the ones who lose in this whole deal are the fans who wanted a beach party. ULTRA had their one chance in hell and they blew it. How did they blow it? Doing rookie mistakes.

FC

PS. This whole fiasco is sound like Zen round 2. FACE IT. MIAMI BEACH DOESN'T WANT ULTRA!!!

yeah I’m pissed Ultra was moved to the convention center, and I have already stated the same.If I have any grip with Ultra, it be would I thought they should, have put up more of a fight with the city. that having been said.

Terry your post is just tacky. you are a part of Prototype Entertainment Group, which is a direct competitor of Ultra Fest. Prototype Entertainment Group is the same organization ,that produced the Unity Music Festival, last May on the beach. if I’m not mistaken.

my questions for you are: who the hell do you think your kidding with your post? what’s your REAL agenda?? :confused:

Ultra has been putting together events for years; they have a global presence and are well respected in the industry. Rey Navarrow, Head of Promotions of Ultra Music is also well regarded. for you to come on this board and make statements, I doubt you can support. appears more like jealously then anything else. I am sure Ultra covered ALL their bases, after all they have been in the business for years, and have already done events on Miami Beach before. ;)

last years almost cancellation of Ultra ,had little to do with toilet facilities, etc. you know it, and the people on this board know it. so don’t play yourself! it had to do with a over zealous mayor, looking to appease his conservative constituents.

in light of the raid a few weeks back at Space, the almost cancellation of last years ultra, the Elicit Drug Anti Proliferation Act of 2003, and current political environment as it relates to Electronic Music, and it’s supporters. it is very clear the city had some issues to address, and a political agenda to push forward.

I sincerely doubt after spending major $$$$$$ on advertising, and having the experience that Ultra has. that Ultra was at the root of the problem.

do you have any valid proof to the contrary Terry?:confused:

the city just realized last week, they didn’t have enough Police to cover the event, and the surrounding areas. give me a f*cking break! :mad: this is the same city that can manage, to handle the yearly Hip-Hop Convention. which attracts well over 60,000 people over a three day period. yet they could not handle, a simple one day beach festival. which you know would attract less people. sounds to me more like political bullshit, rather then legitimate concerns.

instead of seeking to destroy Ultra’s reputation, why don’t you offer your expertise to them? since after all you’re a "Pro" at this..

don’t be a hatter be a facilitator of encouragement. :idea:

in the interim I would again encourage people, to contact the Mayor and express their dismay.

Yep I’m pissed that event was moved, but you know what . f*ck it. I'm going because I want to hear some beats, and show my support for Ultra's efforts. :cool:

FC

you might be right in some things....maybe they made mistakes,but this posts is looking like a personal beef...

You obviously don't know anything about putting together a special event on the sand of Miami Beach. Do you really think it's just tell the city you want to do a gig and let's go? You say there doesn't have to be a fire evacuation plan? OK smart guy. Who's responsible if there's a major problem and all 6000 people have to evacuate the space immediately? You actually think that there's no plan for something like that? Let's talk about Building Permits. Miami Beach city code says any structure that's built higher than 3' has to be submitted to the building department. That's right smart guy. Stages, DJ Booths, ground support systems where the lighting and sound are flown. Yup. Drawings have to be submitted and you have to pull permits for it.

I tell you what. Take the information in my first post down to Miami Beach City Hall - Special Event Dept. Ask them do you have to follow the instruction that I laid out.

He he he. Some of us do special events for a living. Not just one time a year.

he he

FC

PS. One more thing. I'll bet you that all of this information wasn't submitted to Miami Beach 90 days before the event. There simply isn't anyone on ULTRA's staff that's qualified to do such things.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok WTF is wrong with you? whats with the attitude eh?!.. I just asked questions and I saw things as Logical, I know that with the city, concerning a festivity or event tehre has to be many things met and such.. but some things are there to just make it such a HARD TIME!!!!!!!.. jeezz...

And to Inform you mr. festivity, Ultra did provide the sinks with water, if you didnt know, the parks bathrooms were open with running water.. so on that part you were badly informed or mistaken. AS for the Toilets, I didnt see any problem with them??!!.. I saw this last Ultra much better in terms of toilests/bathrooms and TAP water.

Originally posted by sobeton

the city just realized last week, they didn’t have enough Police to cover the event, and the surrounding areas. give me a f*cking break! :mad: this is the same city that can manage, to handle the yearly Hip-Hop Convention. which attracts well over 60,000 people over a three day period. yet they could not handle, a simple one day beach festival. which you know would attract less people. sounds to me more like political bullshit, rather then legitimate concerns.

Agreed. The thing is, I think the city has been bending backwards to leaders of the black community to allow events such as these hip-hop conventions because it does not want a repeat of the boycott that occurred after Nelson Mandela was snubbed back in, what was it, 1990? From what I was told, that boycott had severe financial repercussions. The commission is scared to come off as being against the black community if it should deny permits for these events. You can even see it with the way they treat Don Peebles. This guy owes the city so much money in back rent for his hotel on Collins. The commission rants and raves, then cuts his debt and gives him more time to pay. Bottom line - they don't want to piss off the black community.

I don't think you can fairly compare Ultra to these hip-hop events without taking the above into account.

God forbid you offend the hip-hop community, huh?

It's the price of living in this country nowadays...everyone's so god-damned sensitive. If you want to call me a half-breed twit with a camera, that's your own damn problem. Just don't be surprised when I decide it's convenient to set your house on fire or something.

The City will let a group of people with a greater propensity for violence and destruction totally own the beach for 3 days, and barely say a word, lest Reverend Al, Don King, Johnnie Cockring err Cochran, Jackie Chiles (guess the reference!), and Louis Farrahkhan order another boycott. The "black boycott" of Miami really didn't do much of anything...it was instituted in 1990, and Miami had it's most explosive growth from like 1995-2000, especially on the Beach, black boycott be damned...and in those years plenty of black folk were around.

However, a 9-hour outdoor event with a generally peaceful crowd, is supposedly such a strain on Beach resources...what happened here was just city officials picking on a disenfranchised market segment, on the behest of some crusty arch-conservative condo owners just because the condo owners are afraid that the Finklesteins are going to move out, and tell the Goldbergs, Smiths, and O'Hanrahans that Miami is overrun with misfit youths on the ecstasy, listening to their computer music.

You know, even though I'm half white myself, I tend to want to scream "Kill Whitey" sometimes.

For all of you people who just want to drag Ultra down, you really have no idea what you all are talking about. It really is a shame that when Ultra needs your support the most the only thing you guys can do is spread untrue

rumors and talk shit. You all seem to know it all but the real fact is, you don't. You all seem to forget the legal battle Ultra went through this year to keep Ultra going. Now who's fault was that because it certainly wasn't Ultra's? I don't hear any praises for all of there hard work, money, lawyers and time. But I am sure that they don't want to do anything that would jeopardize Ultra 6 for next year, which is a much bigger event. You guys need to be more appreciative because they have brought all of you the most and biggest DJ's in the world. As you all know the new law does not like our kind and thats what we have to fight, not each other.

there is no other event like Ultra here in Florida. In fact, there is no other event like Ultra in the states that i know of.
Exactly. Though some twat's bound to mention some cheese-fest out west, but that doesn't really compare.

There were more than a few massives in the past 5 years that were comparable to Ultra. Nocturnal Wonderland is happening this LDW with a great line-up and they are expecting between 20k - 30k people. There is the Electric Daisy Carnival which just happened about 2 months ago and had a turnout of about 15k people. Theres Coachella which is a 2 day event with a sick EDM line-up and live acts like Underworld, Bjork, Beastie Boys. I wouldnt consider these cheese-fests.

Yeah yeah yeah whatever. West Coasties can suck a hairy dog bollock

I am in no way implying that the west coast is better or worse. You just happened to agree with something that is not true at all and i just wanted to clarify something here.

As far as the westcoast and eastcoast thing, i could care less what you think because i am part of a scene that will never have boundaries.

Pod, i know you hate the hip hop culture because of the attitude and negative vibe it attracts but im seeing the same from you.

That was sarcasm, hence the :laugh::)

I actually don't mind the west coast.

And I don't bash hip-hop for the negativity, i bash it for the thug behavior it seemingly attracts.

I'm not gonna make any pretenses here, I'm an opinionated jerk unless I'm properly liquored up :cool: