Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra Review....

xxgrooveericxx

Got there with my crew around 1am and Donald Glaude was still spinning...he was alright...not many people going nuts about his set....then Groove Armada was announced and things got a little better especially when they dropped Afromedusa - Pasilda...people started dancing big time to that tune. PVD got on and everyone was loving it....he definitely brought some more energy to the party and I gotta admit that I had a lot of fun even though I am not a "trancer". The crowd at Ultra was very diverse though a lot of ghetto looking people were there too. All in all I had a very good time so no complaints. :D

The sound system was horrible. Too much mids and highs, and NO bass what soever. One stage; many other DJ's didn't get to spin, not good. Lighting was...ummm....whatever. Ticket price at the door: $65 :eek: I feel sorry for those people who paid that, crazy!

I loved the green lasers! :D That's the only thing I enjoyed :tongue:

What was up with that little fashion show they were having? That shit was funny. Loved some of the models in their bikinis :cool:

Overall, it was crap. It was good to see some fellow TA's and CPers: echoesofdusk, liquidx and I think some others but I'm just trying to forget the night ever happen.

i think it was great. For it to turn out like that after all the drama was good. We should be thankful it even took place. I think having it indoors was better for me. Leave the real Ultra outside and this one inside. Anyways, Donald Glaude didn't even spin an hour:eek: That sucked. He was really doing good too. Groove Armada dissapointed in my opinion.....Paul Van Dyk was his usual self;) All in all it was great. Though I didn't like the fact that Roland wasn't there, and what about the two arenas...oh well, i had lotsofun. I definitely loved the setup and the fact that they had more than one laser. Btw, PVD surprised me with ATRC!!!!!

Allright, after some nice resting here its my review.

I got to the place like at 10:15 or so. No line outside, everything calm and so on. When I entered it kind of reminded me to one of those indoor festivals in Europe ( Sensation, trance energy and so on ), although it was no near close to been like one of them.. it was a sweet set up, the screens, lasers and lights. Although they weren't THAT impressive but they were sweet. I loved how the lasers reflected on the walls on the back. In the beginning I got reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy boooorrreeeed!!.. Dimitri was allright.. had no idea who the second DJ was, no timeslots or anything, which kinda sucked. I dont know about Icey, im not a breakbeat person, but I guess he was allright too.. some nice tune there and there.

Donald Glaude spinned for like 15-20 mins, WTF?!?!?! He didnt even get to build it.. but anyways, Groove Armada came and I just went to hang out outside. By that time I was really now just waiting for Paul to come up so I could go home. Luckily, Paul van Dyk did a superb set, flawless mixing, lots of ID's !!! it was a sick set!!!!!!!

Now!.. Im not into the glowsticks stuff or anything, but I found it rediculous seen that they were all taken away.. lame, and people caught smoking were told to stop somking, I dont if it was because of the new "Not Smoking" law or something, but it was LAME!..

Also, WTF happened to the other Stage, more then HALF the DJ's were cancelled, people paid for a ticket expecting the DJ's they saw on the flyers. "EVEN THE UPDATED FLYER HAD THEM POSTED", and 65 bucks for that?!?!?!?! Its craazy!!!!!!! Glad I bought my ticket in advance.

Yes it was nice to see Ultra pull it off after all the hassle and problems, but I dont think that people deserve to be lied about with the stages and DJ's not showing up. Overall, yes I had a good time but like 2 hours ( Paul van DYk;s) the rest I was mad bored.. didnt really feel it.

Nice to meet some CP's though, Koky, quest of sunrise, and great hanging out witht the TA"s also, Eric, Echoes, Bobba, esp and lois. Also nice to bump into EdgarV.. nice seen him over there.

Im Done..... note though, I dont fully blame Ultra for this.

I was tired as f*ck and wasn’t going to go, but I got some gas out my reserve tank. LOL I thought the overall production was outstanding. the sound was tight, the stage and lights where way cool, and security was not over bearing. the vibe stood out for me the most. it was nice to see such, a diverse mixture of Peepz, just getting off to the beats. no attitudes, good energy, and some badass dancers.. I thought the DJ sets where way to short. I’m not sure if this was, a time constraint issue or not..DJ Icey continues to impress me ,each time I see him, which unfortunately is only at events like Ultra. the guy is local to Florida, and has some madd skills on the dex. I was feeling Donald Glaude’s set big time, but it was way to short .he played for like 30 mins. hopefully some promoter or club down here gets this guy booked again soon. I didn't get a chance to check him out a the after-party.:( Groove Armada was okay, nothing really out this world. I thought PVD’s set was predictable, for some peepz that’s kewl, for me it was lacking a bit... the set had its moments; I thought PVD closed it out very well. I still believe Tiesto is the best Trance DJ in the world IMO. :D

some observations I had : .. the pricing of the ticket was a bit too high. I was at the ticket both, and I saw several people walk away, because they didn’t have enough $$$$. I know productions like Ultra cost big $$$, but there has too be some median. maybe seeking some more corporate sponsorships or whatever, to help cover the cost and keep the prices down.

also if the lineup was changed , and the number of acts changed. then pricing on tickets should have reflected that. I'm not to sure how one would address, presale tickets if this had happen. however I'm sure something could have been worked out.

also there was suppose to be a second stage, I asked around and know one seemed to know about it. :confused:

Big ups to the mini Cp crew in da house, and to Ultra for having the courage to bring this altogether. in spite of the obstacles they had to face.

Originally posted by sobeton

IDJ Icey continues to impress me ,each time I see him, which unfortunately is only at events like Ultra. the guy is local to Florida, and has some madd skills on the dex.

Yeah , it is dissapointment that he does not get the chance to spin in a South floirda club. Before I moved here I saw him up in Atlanta and his skills, set, crowd control was great. I then thought I would see him often after I moved here. Maybe soon, I can hope.

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

The sound system was horrible. Too much mids and highs, and NO bass what soever. One stage; many other DJ's didn't get to spin, not good. Lighting was...ummm....whatever. Ticket price at the door: $65 :eek: I feel sorry for those people who paid that, crazy!

I loved the green lasers! :D That's the only thing I enjoyed :tongue:

What was up with that little fashion show they were having? That shit was funny. Loved some of the models in their bikinis :cool:

Overall, it was crap. It was good to see some fellow TA's and CPers: echoesofdusk, liquidx and I think some others but I'm just trying to forget the night ever happen.

WOW!!! Hmm.

Oh well

FC

yea i agree that they lied to us bigtime. And at what fuckin time did they start letting us in?? Ridiculous. But the overall production was nice like i said. Hey btw, does anybody know the name of the song that Donald Glaude played with the a girl saying "this is house music????? Please, you must id this for me. i will do anything!!! lol j/k.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by hyper-ion

yea i agree that they lied to us bigtime. And at what fuckin time did they start letting us in?? Ridiculous. But the overall production was nice like i said. Hey btw, does anybody know the name of the song that Donald Glaude played with the a girl saying "this is house music????? Please, you must id this for me. i will do anything!!! lol j/k.

has a black chick saying, "now this is house music baby!"

elements of house - i think is the name, i have it...

i'll rip a sample later...

got there & dj icey was going on & just proceeded to tear shit up !! this guy is fucking amazing !! imo the best set of the night was his:eek: trully incredible !! maybe venue should book this guy :idea: groove armada was great imo .. i enjoyed their set very much .. not my cup of tea but very ummmmmmmmmmm INTRESTING :D i had a great time listening to them ... pvd's set was very predictable as sobeton said ... 1st 8 tracks were the same as his energy set ... but he did end it very well ... im just glad i FINALLY got to see him for the whole time he spun.. last time i went to see him at space my night was cut short... for me , it was icey all the way ... a huge thanx to cotton candy dream for hookin it up :aright:

it was great hangin with the cp crew that had the balls to make it ! sobeton , echoesofdusk & friends, liquidx , crazy c & friends, quest4sunrise(great to see ya back bro , & having fun:aright: you are lucky i was sick as a dog & could play moshpit with ya .. even tho you took advantage that i was sick & proceeded to kick my ass all over the place :laugh: ) , met ikki, mjm420 kickin the lightshow as usual !! & hung with miss poisonivy till the end of the show ... great to see you out again miss ivy :aright:

saw some incredible dancers last night !!:eek: now i know why most of you dont like the candy ravers ... cause they make everyone look like shit dancing :laugh: i enjoyed watching everyone dance since i couldnt do none of my own (sick as fuck) i had a trully great time tho .. peace , im out !!

Originally posted by hyper-ion

it was laurent konrad- rock u

dope ass fukin track.... oscar dropped it on the terrace sunday morning!!!!!

full review l8ter!!!!

WHAT CAN U SAY ABOUT ULTRA??

IT WAS PREETY GOOD DESPITE THE FACT THAT IT WAS RELOCATED.... GOOD THING IT WAS...

ANYWAYS.....

GREAT HANGING WITH THE CP'ERS WHO SHOWED UP....

WISH I CAN SAY IT WAS NICE MEETING THE ONES WHO POSTED THAT WERE GOING.... BUT NOONE CALLED.. OH WELL..

WHAT I CAN SAY... IT WAS A PLEASURE MEETING MS. POISONIVY

AT LEAST I WAS ABLE TO MEET A NEW FACE...

SO A BIG :bigfinge: TO U'S WHO DIDN'T CALL...:tongue:

MAYBE NEXT TIME...

L8R....

KOKY

AS FOR THE LIGHT SHOW.... LIKE U SAID..... KICKIN IT AS USUAL...... ALWAYS.. :aright:

Originally posted by koky

got there & dj icey was going on & just proceeded to tear shit up !! this guy is fucking amazing !! imo the best set of the night was his:eek: trully incredible !! maybe venue should book this guy :idea: groove armada was great imo .. i enjoyed their set very much .. not my cup of tea but very ummmmmmmmmmm INTRESTING :D i had a great time listening to them ... pvd's set was very predictable as sobeton said ... 1st 8 tracks were the same as his energy set ... but he did end it very well ... im just glad i FINALLY got to see him for the whole time he spun.. last time i went to see him at space my night was cut short... for me , it was icey all the way ... a huge thanx to cotton candy dream for hookin it up :aright:

it was great hangin with the cp crew that had the balls to make it ! sobeton , echoesofdusk & friends, liquidx , crazy c & friends, quest4sunrise(great to see ya back bro , & having fun:aright: you are lucky i was sick as a dog & could play moshpit with ya .. even tho you took advantage that i was sick & proceeded to kick my ass all over the place :laugh: ) , met ikki, mjm420 kickin the lightshow as usual !! & hung with miss poisonivy till the end of the show ... great to see you out again miss ivy :aright:

saw some incredible dancers last night !!:eek: now i know why most of you dont like the candy ravers ... cause they make everyone look like shit dancing :laugh: i enjoyed watching everyone dance since i couldnt do none of my own (sick as fuck) i had a trully great time tho .. peace , im out !!

Thank you for the ride dude !

Ultra SUCKED . I'm soo glad Mirian was with me otherwise I would've killed myself .