Clubplanet Nightlife Community

back at work...

crank47

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

It's wednesday for me... cause I took off Friday. This weekend I'm going whitewater rafting! wooo hoo! What do I know about white water raftting? Nada... but it should be fun...:blown:

where you going? i love whitewater rafting.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's wednesday for me... cause I took off Friday. This weekend I'm going whitewater rafting! wooo hoo! What do I know about white water raftting? Nada... but it should be fun...:blown:

awesome! i have always wanted to go but I have never been - i echo vics question, where are you going?

off to NYC sat to see Lee B. :cool:

If you're going to West Virginia, you're either hitting the Gauley or the New.

The Gauley is the only river that's really worth it in West Virginia. The Upper is a great run during the fall season when they open the dam. A couple people die every year on the Upper Gauley. The Lower Gauley is ok and the New River is a complete :zzz: , at least by my adrenaline junkie standards. :D

Originally posted by iamme

how much does that cost? I would love to do that before it gets too cold

Check out ACE . I think they're the best white water rafting outfit in WVA. I usually do an Upper Gauley trip in October, when it's really cold and nasty. Not sure if I'm gonna do it this year though.

This weekend I'm going whitewater rafting! wooo hoo! What do I know about white water raftting?

Lol, I remember I went virtual reality white water rafting, where you sit in this raft/boat thing, and you have a paddle, and the screen shows you where you are, and the boat moves and stuff, and I fell out of it! That wasn't even the real thing and I fell out, so I don't think I'll ever try the real thing. :(

everyday's a weekend for me.. I need to get a job. :eek:

Originally posted by crank47

If you're going to West Virginia, you're either hitting the Gauley or the New.

The Gauley is the only river that's really worth it in West Virginia. The Upper is a great run during the fall season when they open the dam. A couple people die every year on the Upper Gauley. The Lower Gauley is ok and the New River is a complete :zzz: , at least by my adrenaline junkie standards. :D

From what I hear...the New River is off the hook only after they release this damn dam. This weekend they release it... so it will be extreme white water rafting for Jamiro this weekend.

Originally posted by iamme

how much does that cost? I would love to do that before it gets too cold

I think I only paid something $160 bucks, it's been so long that I can't remember. The thing is, you have to book the tour kind of in advance. Well, not kinda like 3 months in advance.

From what I hear...the New River is off the hook only after they release this damn dam. This weekend they release it... so it will be extreme white water rafting for Jamiro this weekend.

The dam is on the Gauley (you start the Upper at the base of the dam and if it's releasing, it's wild sight!). The New is good if it's your first time out though. You'll have lots of fun.

Originally posted by funks0ul

Lol, I remember I went virtual reality white water rafting, where you sit in this raft/boat thing, and you have a paddle, and the screen shows you where you are, and the boat moves and stuff, and I fell out of it! That wasn't even the real thing and I fell out, so I don't think I'll ever try the real thing. :(

everyday's a weekend for me.. I need to get a job. :eek:

That's sounds kinda fun... but If I'm going to crap in my pants, I'd rather do while near some body of water. ;):tongue: