Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ULTIMATE Las Vegas Club Review...

reddog4063

Las Vegas Club Review:

Rumjungle - very cool interior, hot dancers. I thought the sound system was weak and there wasn't a consistant vibe. The music was mostly Top 40.

7/10

Rain - very big club, almost the size of Factory. Sound system was pretty good but club played mostly hip hop. The flame shooting from the ceiling was visually stunning but hurt my skin.

7/10

Studio 54 - pretty dressy, upscale crowd, though everyone was fairly approachable. Easy to hook up in. Overpriced small drinks and so-so sound system. Pretty huge inside, played mostly Top 40 hits.

8/10

RA - house music!!!!! Excellent sound system. Lots of little nooks and crannies to be discovered. Most reminded me of NYC venues.

9/10

Drai's - EXCELLENT afterhours, house, tribal and techno music. Underground feel. Decent sound and good residents. Went there 3 nights for afterhours. Girls fairly snobby, probably the most unapproachable crowd I saw in Vegas.

9/10

Baby's - underground feel. Mostly hip-hop. Not very friendly crowd. OK sound system, staff was rude.

6/10

Ghostbar - Visually the best club in Vegas. outdoor terrace was amazing, excellent views, very picturesque. Older crowd, decent sound system, pricey drinks. Played Top 40 and Hip-Hop.

8/10

VooDoo Lounge - Excellent views from outdoor terrace. House and techno. Good resident DJ. Best looking girls I saw in Vegas. Awesome glass elevator ride.

9/10

House of Blues - not always a nightclub, mostly shows. Hosted Danny Howells and Carl Cox together in one night on the Fourth of July no less!!!!!!! Excellent club sound system, very roomy. Lots of sketchy people though. Cool interior (made to look like outdoors with trees and such).

8/10

Alesium @ Seven - afterhours restaurant turned nightclub. Sound was so-so. Mostly Top 40 hits. Crowd was a bit trendy. Pricey drinks.

7/10

Foundation Room - Nice views, cool elevator ride to the top. Crowd wasnt very friendly, drinks were pricey. Very trendy. Mostly Top 40 music.

6/10

Ibiza USA - largest number of cracked out sketchy kids with glowsticks. Exit-like crowd. Nice layout and sound system, played mostly trance.

7/10

Light - very snobby and trendy. unnecessarily long wait and rude door people. Overpriced drinks and no dancing. Mostly standing around posing crowd.

5/10

Coyote Ugly - friendly crowd, no dresscode. Mostly hip-hop. Girls dancing on top of everything. Easy hook up spot. Sound system sucked.

7/10

Bikini's - hot bartenders. Mostly hip-hop music. OK sound system. Shot girls were friendly and generous with the shots. Girls in bikini's dancing submerged up to their waists in water tanks.

7/10

Risque - Decent sound. Mostly Top 40 with some merengue music. Decently priced drinks, fast line. Friendly crowd.

6/10

All-in-all, never hit 16 nightclubs in 6 nights!! LOL

Reddog...you must have been to the Rio clubs on a good night.

I went to Bikinis and Voodoo Lounge and it was disgusting.

It looked like they were having a free buffet at a weight watchers convention. I never saw so much bison in one place in my life....and to make matters worse, all they played was hip hop.

If i didn't know any better, I though this was Gods way of punishing me.

first off the night i went ..it was worst then the local bar at home....

but they made me put a jacket on ..becouse i was wearing a sleevless diesel shirt....i couldnt believe it...there some slouch next to me in a dale earnhert T shirt and i cant wear a sleevless shirt...sorry buddy im out

I had a totally different experience at some of the nightclubs that was posted in the first message above. I thought the people at Light were very friendly including the doorman and the bartenders. The dance floor was packed. I did not think the people were rude at Baby's either. I did get hit on alot there though. It's a meat market. The only bad experience I've had clubbin in Las Vegas was at the rumjungle. It was a nightmare trying to move around in there. After pushing my way to the dance floor there were only three people dancing. I guess it was just a bad night.

I recently moved here to Vegas and I must agree with most of the reviews. However, I guess you must not have been here when Ice just opened. It's definitely taking over as one of the more elite clubs, with the exception that it is a couple blocks off the strip. Nevertheless, it's not too crowded, but large in size, average-price drinks, and good house in the main room. Plus, they have a decent size hip-hop room. Check it out next time you're here.

Originally posted by calig

. The only bad experience I've had clubbin in Las Vegas was at the rumjungle. It was a nightmare trying to move around in there. After pushing my way to the dance floor there were only three people dancing. I guess it was just a bad night.

did you go on a monday nite?

Originally posted by roblilv

I recently moved here to Vegas and I must agree with most of the reviews. However, I guess you must not have been here when Ice just opened. It's definitely taking over as one of the more elite clubs, with the exception that it is a couple blocks off the strip. Nevertheless, it's not too crowded, but large in size, average-price drinks, and good house in the main room. Plus, they have a decent size hip-hop room. Check it out next time you're here.

ICE rocks

definitely will next summer, when did it open up? I was last in vegas the first week of july.

quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by calig

. The only bad experience I've had clubbin in Las Vegas was at the rumjungle. It was a nightmare trying to move around in there. After pushing my way to the dance floor there were only three people dancing. I guess it was just a bad night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the same thing... probably a Saturday nite... wait in line, pay the $20 cover, work my way to the bar, get stopped at the dancefloor with my drink... no drinks on the dance floor even though it was only about 20 people out there. Then, you have to backtrack through the same people (80% guys) to get to the otherside of the bar. $30 bucks, 15 minutes, I'm out.. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by happykittn

Seven sucks.

Old crowd (30's to 40's), poorly dressed, terrible dancers, weak sound system, sucky music.

I would've been even more upset if I'd actually paid... the only thing that club has going for it is its soft, fluffy couches.

Yeah Seven really sucked the night I went, although the music was better than I expected...

What night is the best night at Ice? I'm also interested in the night that they spin house music?

Thanx