Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ULTIMATE Las Vegas Club Review...

reddog4063

Originally posted by reddog4063

Las Vegas Club Review:

Rumjungle - very cool interior, hot dancers. I thought the sound system was weak and there wasn't a consistant vibe. The music was mostly Top 40.

7/10

Rain - very big club, almost the size of Factory. Sound system was pretty good but club played mostly hip hop. The flame shooting from the ceiling was visually stunning but hurt my skin.

7/10

Studio 54 - pretty dressy, upscale crowd, though everyone was fairly approachable. Easy to hook up in. Overpriced small drinks and so-so sound system. Pretty huge inside, played mostly Top 40 hits.

8/10

RA - house music!!!!! Excellent sound system. Lots of little nooks and crannies to be discovered. Most reminded me of NYC venues.

9/10

Drai's - EXCELLENT afterhours, house, tribal and techno music. Underground feel. Decent sound and good residents. Went there 3 nights for afterhours. Girls fairly snobby, probably the most unapproachable crowd I saw in Vegas.

9/10

Baby's - underground feel. Mostly hip-hop. Not very friendly crowd. OK sound system, staff was rude.

6/10

Ghostbar - Visually the best club in Vegas. outdoor terrace was amazing, excellent views, very picturesque. Older crowd, decent sound system, pricey drinks. Played Top 40 and Hip-Hop.

8/10

VooDoo Lounge - Excellent views from outdoor terrace. House and techno. Good resident DJ. Best looking girls I saw in Vegas. Awesome glass elevator ride.

9/10

House of Blues - not always a nightclub, mostly shows. Hosted Danny Howells and Carl Cox together in one night on the Fourth of July no less!!!!!!! Excellent club sound system, very roomy. Lots of sketchy people though. Cool interior (made to look like outdoors with trees and such).

8/10

Alesium @ Seven - afterhours restaurant turned nightclub. Sound was so-so. Mostly Top 40 hits. Crowd was a bit trendy. Pricey drinks.

7/10

Foundation Room - Nice views, cool elevator ride to the top. Crowd wasnt very friendly, drinks were pricey. Very trendy. Mostly Top 40 music.

6/10

Ibiza USA - largest number of cracked out sketchy kids with glowsticks. Exit-like crowd. Nice layout and sound system, played mostly trance.

7/10

Light - very snobby and trendy. unnecessarily long wait and rude door people. Overpriced drinks and no dancing. Mostly standing around posing crowd.

5/10

Coyote Ugly - friendly crowd, no dresscode. Mostly hip-hop. Girls dancing on top of everything. Easy hook up spot. Sound system sucked.

7/10

Bikini's - hot bartenders. Mostly hip-hop music. OK sound system. Shot girls were friendly and generous with the shots. Girls in bikini's dancing submerged up to their waists in water tanks.

7/10

Risque - Decent sound. Mostly Top 40 with some merengue music. Decently priced drinks, fast line. Friendly crowd.

6/10

All-in-all, never hit 16 nightclubs in 6 nights!! LOL

Solid REview

Solid review indeed. Thank you piro for forwarding this to me a while ago too.

Sounds like Drais everynight.....now what to hit before Drais is the question.

The only thing that could make this better would be the dress code for each place, but that can always be looked up.

Bring on Halloween in Vegas!!

Thanks for taking the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice reveiw reddog4063!

I have only been to Rain, 54, Risque, HoB, RA, VooDoo Lounge & Baby's in your list. I am going to have to take your word for it on the others.

I heard the Foundation Room was members only. How do I get in if I am not a member?

Is Drai's worthy going to at 3am?

What happened to Service Industry night @ the HoB on Sunday's? This place used to be the shiz-net! :eek:

Heading out there this Halloween weekend with 7 of my boyz to tear up th sceen.

EdLosAngeles

:cool:

foundation room is open to the public on sundays...30 bucks at the door

service industry is still sundays at hob....didnt go when i was there, dont really like that place much.

7 guys going to drais?....best of luck, drais will be nearly impossible with that much sausage :D

• 2 weeks later...

You always have to remember, that there will be slight variances pending on the night you go and the Season...

Overall I felt it was on point...

I've been to Vegas twice a year for the past 3 years... (However I have not checked out Ice yet..., that's next)

But Who else from the board actually Live in Vegas ... Hope to C U in December!

• 1 month later...

I've been to a bunch of the places you listed and you are definitely right on. I'm going back to Vegas for Super Bowl weekend and it looks like RA is the place to go? My experience with Drais is that if you eat at the restaurant during the day and save your receipt, they will let you in later on in the evening with no problems.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Crackorn

I've been to a bunch of the places you listed and you are definitely right on. I'm going back to Vegas for Super Bowl weekend and it looks like RA is the place to go? My experience with Drais is that if you eat at the restaurant during the day and save your receipt, they will let you in later on in the evening with no problems.

Creamer and K are at Risque on the 29th(thursday) that should be a good party, Otherwise Ra is definetly a good time. Hook up with Sean Patrick and he does the right thing

• 2 weeks later...

Solid review.

A friend was in Vegas for New Years and it was rumored from cabbies that Ice has gone downhill. (Any thoughts on this?) I was surprised because I went to Ice back on Labor Day weekend (my 7 night stay-never do that again) and I thought it was a great club. My breakdown of the nightlife goes like this:

Studio 54--You can't wear Diesel sneakers in this place for some odd reason. Decent music, but dont go there twice in one visit to Vegas. You'll notice that they play the same songs in pretty much the same sequence. Upstairs is where you'll find the more attractive people. Oh yeah they dont sell tap water either, i was rudely informed of this by one of the bartenders. Saw Darude spin on a Tuesday night, which i heard is one of their better nights. Tuesday's and Fridays.

Ra--Best music, best system. Saw PVD there back in April and Skribble spin house on Labor Day. And Tequilla shots are $6 there. Cant beat that. Go there on Wednesday nights.

Rum Jungle---Terrible. Dont EVERRRRR go there and don't say you weren't warned.

Ibiza USA---Glow stick heaven. Seems like you can be 13 and get in this club. I still think they do foam parties every saturday night. The sound system was really sweet as was the trance. But I went on a bad night (only about 35 people in the club). Good music though.

Drai's---Von Dutch Von Dutch Von Dutch. Music was sweet, crowd was a little...weird. Didnt seem like anyone was there to dance. Walking into Drai's reminded me why i would never move to the west coast. (No offense to anyone please). But great music, a little too much lighting but it IS a restaurant so whatever. Go there every thurs/fri/sat night if your in Vegas.

Light---The guy working the door gets no love. You can be with 5 gorgeous blondes and your still not getting in. I was there on labor day so it was pretty tight, but apparently this is a big local hangout place because guys were only getting in if they were locals. I witnessed girls walking out of the club pissed off complaining that there were no guys in there. Gotta love bouncers. Go there if you like long lines on sundays. (although i heard thursday nights are turning big too)

Bikini's---I think i was inside this place for about 6.5 minutes. Very decieving. Your walking towards the entrance to this place and you see a gorgeous woman dancing in a dunk tank outside the club line. You think to yourself High Potential, but its a large sausage-factory inside. Way too many guys just starring at girls in Bikini's serving drinks.

Baby's---Ok im really confused with this place. I went back in April and they played decent music (DJ Scooter) on a thursday night and there were TONS of friendly women. I went again in August on a thursday and what happened to the music!?!?! They started out with techno and turned it into just all OLD SCHOOL hip hop for the remainder of the night. So i cant tell you what kind of music they play there. But i do know its a VERY easy place to meet girls looking for fun. Thursday nights go there.

Thats all i can think of right now. Im hoping to go again in May so im trying to find out if anything has changed since August/September.

-High life brotha

Originally posted by teampowahh

Rum Jungle---Terrible. Dont EVERRRRR go there and don't say you weren't warned.

gotta disagree wit you on that one. It all dpends on the nite you went. I wnet on a Monday nite and i had an amazing time. They mixed it up between vocal house and hip hop. I think RumJungle has the best Bartneders in vegas. My one complaint is you can't bring drinks on the dance floor

Originally posted by teampowahh

It was a Monday night that I went. I guess I was just bitter about the whole "no drinks on dance floor" policy. I still think that place is a hit or miss though.

yea i wasn't happy bout that policy either, but then women in there were outragous. Service was also top notch

Rumjungle - it's ok for the tourist.

Rain - great for tuesday and friday and saturday. ( great MTV crowd)

Studio 54 - great on tuesday and the rest of the week. (One of my Favs)

RA - kick ass thursday great place (favs)

Drai's - still kicking as afterhours, very busy and crowded

Baby's - i'll get back to you on this one

Ghostbar - classy and great views, great to impress that date.

VooDoo Lounge - more my choice with dinner to (favs)

House of Blues - the name says is all

***Alesium @ Seven - great after hours and highly recommended say hello to Big Joe

*Foundation Room - nice views and the best club for monday night , super packed

Ibiza USA - i'll keep to myself on comments for this club.

Light - snobby yes, a place to check out if in town

Coyote Ugly - not a club, but a bar with women you can never talk to

Bikini's - nice club depending on what night and my other choices

Risque - RISQUE

let's not forget

TABU

ICE

Curve

Venus

SRO

I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by reddog4063

Drai's - EXCELLENT afterhours, house, tribal and techno music. Underground feel. Decent sound and good residents. Went there 3 nights for afterhours. Girls fairly snobby, probably the most unapproachable crowd I saw in Vegas.

9/10

i just got back and i thought the girls at DRAIs were very outgoin and def were a godo time. the DJ was awsome. Those Drinks are huge...

i did 9 clubs in 3 nites

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the covers for these places? I"m sure they vary depending on who's there, but I just what to know in general what places are higher. I'm going with a bunch of my girls who aren't usually clubbers, so I know they're going to be shocked if it costs more than $10 to get in somewhere :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

If your an out of town female - cover is anywhere from $10 to $20 on a regular weekend ($20 @ most places) - Local girls get in free or discounted w/ Nevada ID. On holiday weekends, cover can be anywhere from $20 - $40 PLUS greasing the bouncer to get past the line

Its the best afterhours in Vegas....just dont count on NYC/NJ like music that's all. Not trying to diss the place but it is what it is.

...and yes....I'll end up there every night in April when I take a trip.

Originally posted by digitalextacy

Hey thehype so what are talking here in Drai's? I mean what's the music description? And how would you describe it with the clubs around here? Peace