Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wtf happened to KTU?!?

Originally posted by apotheosis

It's NOT the fact that it's KTU, it was just the last station in NY to play any "dance" music on a regular basis.

Lasgo 500x a day is STILL better than hip hop.

:otopic:

Mike, thanks again for sending the cds, good fucking stuff:D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by majinbuu

93.1 is definately better than 103.5, but if you listen for an extended amount of time you hear songs over and over...its very repetitive

yeah basically all my friends from miami gripe about the same problems we do...

only difference is KTU kills lasgo and party 93 kills it 6 months earlier

Mixshow wise KTU isnt that bad BUT the global DJ Broadcast has DEFINITELY taken the thrown from the once mighty KTU Sanctuary...only good thing now is Showboat is the mc for it :rock:

Denny, Boris and Vicious still throw down some dope sets but it just doesnt have the same feel as a show anymore. I used to stay up and tape the show, or listen on the way home from the club all the time

Mike

Originally posted by infinite

Apparently you people don't seem to understand that hip hop and rnb are the most popular genre's of music these days especially for the target audience which KTU is aimed at. Don't hate people, please......

No, we do understand that, but we still think it's a bit excessive when hip hop has 97.1, 107.5 or something, and 105.1 exclusively, plus the majority of play time on Z100, KC101 ecc. so now that what is supposed to be the dance station is playing it too, we're irritated.

I will flat out admit I'm a jaded house head. I think it blows that the clubs hat were once ruled by house and now empty shells that dole out boring, played out on the radio already rap tracks that all sound the same and mention nothing besides how cool my car is, how tight my ho's ass is squeezed into her jeans, and how much cristalle i bought in an unimpressive VIP room. Don't get me wrong, I like hip hop, but I like what it used to be - biggie, tupac, run DMC, skee-lo (lol!)...

and i'm not hating. one of my good friends is a great hip hop DJ, and i respect what he, and the other hip hop djs do, but i think the market is desperately saturated and completely parched of originality.

Originally posted by joecrack13

seriously is there something we can do about this cause ill lead the way (im laid off anyway so it will give me something to do)...and whats up with all these stations on a retro kick like playing 80's and shit...its like almost in tune with the wack ass fashion these days..

I think everything these days has a feel to the 80's.. from music, cartoons, fashion, whatever. its just that people who gres up as kids in the 80's are in the position to decide what gets made. in ten years from now.. its gonna be the 90s feel...:cool:

heres another thing...why the hell do we cater so much to that sewer of a state, jersey...if u listen to KTU or any station for that matter its like jerseys getting more shout outs and club appearances than NYC..dont get me wrong theres so many people that work in NY from the sewer which is why it happens but jesus christ can we focus a bit on our own city for once...also when u listen to Pete Tongs Friday show on Radio 1 which starts at 6 in the evening til 9 just like most UK dance shows, u will here them give the 411 on whats hot to go to, whose spinning where...why the hell doesnt NY have it...as far as hiphop goes...its sooooo wack these days i cant even begin to start...heres a typical Hot 97 or Power 105 lineup for an hour

Jay Z and Beyonce

50 Cent

Sean Paul

Mary J Blige

a 5-7 minute commercial

some southern crap

maybe a song from a few years back

back to Jiggaman

back to 50 cent and the sequence continues

i used to love hiphop but it is beyond wack these days....the problem is that the record labels dish out mega $$$ to have these songs played every 10 minutes...lets just say it like it is music in general is in a sad state

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

No, we do understand that, but we still think it's a bit excessive when hip hop has 97.1, 107.5 or something, and 105.1 exclusively, plus the majority of play time on Z100, KC101 ecc. so now that what is supposed to be the dance station is playing it too, we're irritated.

I will flat out admit I'm a jaded house head. I think it blows that the clubs hat were once ruled by house and now empty shells that dole out boring, played out on the radio already rap tracks that all sound the same and mention nothing besides how cool my car is, how tight my ho's ass is squeezed into her jeans, and how much cristalle i bought in an unimpressive VIP room. Don't get me wrong, I like hip hop, but I like what it used to be - biggie, tupac, run DMC, skee-lo (lol!)...

and i'm not hating. one of my good friends is a great hip hop DJ, and i respect what he, and the other hip hop djs do, but i think the market is desperately saturated and completely parched of originality.

Very nicely put!

I agree 100%.

If I hear one more time how "KTU This" and "KTU that" im gonna puke..

Give it up already, and I don't wanna hear "This is Corprate America force feeding us"

For the Um-Teenth Thousanth Time I will explain why we don't have a "REAL DANCE STATION" in NYC.....

The four large radio station owners in the region (Cox, Emmis, Infinity/CBS, and Clear Channel) have all done significant market research (sp) into the world of dance music. The problem is the feedback that comes back from those polled is not strong enough to have one of these companys change formats on one of their stations. That cost's MILLIONS of dollars, that a company doesen't want to gamble on a format change unless they are 100% sure that the returns are going to be profitable....

Im certian (Working for one of these companys) we are only a year or 2 away from things changing, the company I work for is currently in the planning stages for a possible format change. But again this is still a while off.

So untill then keep buying CD's and listen to your own damn music...

Originally posted by djinsecto

yea guys fucking gay i want trance radio in new york god bless those radio stations in europe with genres from techno to trance

Notice that is in Europe where those genre's are dominant, not here in USA where they are maybe 5 % of all music played, probably less than that, more like 2 or 3 %

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by g420

when are the douchebags on that station going to stop saying the "new" ktu that shit's not new

I used to say the same as well but the KTU personel had told me "we want to let everyone know it is NOT THE OLD 92-KTU"

They covered their ass with that one. :rolleyes

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

:blown: :blown: :blown:

I thought I got away from that when I left greece... :mad:

My cousins went to Greece this summer and said that in the supermarket they played "my neck my back" continuously for about a half hour.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by joecrack13

heres another thing...why the hell do we cater so much to that sewer of a state, jersey...if u listen to KTU or any station for that matter its like jerseys getting more shout outs and club appearances than NYC..dont get me wrong theres so many people that work in NY from the sewer which is why it happens but jesus christ can we focus a bit on our own city for once...also when u listen to Pete Tongs Friday show on Radio 1 which starts at 6 in the evening til 9 just like most UK dance shows, u will here them give the 411 on whats hot to go to, whose spinning where...why the hell doesnt NY have it...as far as hiphop goes...its sooooo wack these days i cant even begin to start...heres a typical Hot 97 or Power 105 lineup for an hour

Jay Z and Beyonce

50 Cent

Sean Paul

Mary J Blige

a 5-7 minute commercial

some southern crap

maybe a song from a few years back

back to Jiggaman

back to 50 cent and the sequence continues

i used to love hiphop but it is beyond wack these days....the problem is that the record labels dish out mega $$$ to have these songs played every 10 minutes...lets just say it like it is music in general is in a sad state

lmao... so true... imo hiphop peaked in 95-96... all down hill... now i do not even have any hiphop stations programed on my radio in the car...

ya know whats pathetic...i listen to european and internet radio stations all day

Radio FG from france

Ministry of Sound from London

Radio 1 from London

Galaxy 105 from London

Kiss 100 from London

and a few internet stations here in the states but i have to blast it on my computer speakers so i can hear it when im outta my room...American radio is the worstttttttt...i wish we could get these stations on satellite radio but we cant even get that right