Clubplanet Nightlife Community

9/11/03 remembering blueangel

weyes

casey orchestrated the first clubplanet meeting i ever went to. she introduced me to people with whom i became very close friends in new york, and to my best friend, who lives in california, as i now do.

my best friend was visiting new york with a friend (who is now also mine :) ) and wanted to find out what was going on that week, and the 2 of them came across clubplanet and the meetup thread. i wouldn't've met my best friend if he, like i, weren't so shy at bar-type gatherings. he and i had both found places to sit while almost everyone else stood up and chatted, as they mostly knew each other. but if it hadn't been for casey's welcoming attitude, even for a newbie like me (she made everyone nametags :D !), i probably would've left after a few minutes and not even given the meetup enough of a chance to take a seat and take the party in from a different angle. getting those 80 of us or so together was no small feat :bowdown: .

my last pm to her is still in my sent box and marked unread:

to: blueangel

date: 9/11/2001

subject: are you ok?

i can't bring myself to open it, or delete it.

sending you my very best, casey :heart: .

I lost a good friend of mine. (Steven Cafiero)

I knew him since the 6th grade. He got a job at the World Trade Center a week before Sep 11th. He was on the 92nd floor above where the plane hit on the South Tower. He was talking to his mother on the phone about the plane hitting the North Tower. His mother said, how he saw the plane hitting the South Tower. I can only imagine how frightened he was. He was such a good guy. Here's an article about him. www.evangelist.org/htm/0905stev.htm

I did not know Casey... But reading her last thread last night kinda hit home.

I send my deepest sympathy to her family and friends and all of you who knew her from the board... Always keep in mind as we know you all want her back. She is in a better place. She no longer has to wake up wondering what is going to happen next in this country. She is in a place where she can never be hurt again.

God Bless You Casey... R.I.P :heart:

one of the people that really brought this board together back when it all again.

By that I mean, she organized many of the first meet-ups at and outside of clubs. She really got along with everybody and everybody loved her back.

I really haven't been reading boards the last couple of years, but it seems as tho these boards are getting bigger and there is less sense of community than before. Casey really fostered that sense of community.

Thanks again Casey, and love to Mitch as well.

-Dennis

On my way down to North Carolina last month, we stopped at the Cheseapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel Pier. THere was a picture of an American Flag and the stripes were made up of the names of those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. I looked for and found Casey's name.

RIP Casey

Originally posted by elementx

Thanks... I clicked on her name and it said it could not be found. Maybe her family took it down :confused:

Thank You again...

http://www.legacy.com/LegacyTribute/Sept11.asp?Page=TributeStory&PersonId=116442

I met her at Twilo years ago, not even having known who she was from the boards. In a scene where there are so many dodgy people, she was genuinely a good person and is sorely missed.

RIP Casey, you'll always be missed by me.

Ever so kind, always supportive, she was truly divine in her stature and love.

I walked not too far from the towers last night, looked up and saw the lights, couldn't help but throw myself into a saddened and somber mood. The pain is still felt by many.

I had the honor of meeting Casey at one of the CP event thingies I organized and soon after we started doing them together... they were massive, so much fun, everyone was smiling (even me lol) - Good memories, good times, good people.

No other screename on here will ever be more true to the person it represents than the sn BlueAngel and Casey...

The woman was so amazing. She had the biggest heart you have ever seen, always had time to help anyone out thaty needed it, even if you were a complete stranger.

The world lost a truly amazing and special person that day. Now she is a true Angel up above watching over all of us.

RIP Casey

Miss you and love you!