Clubplanet Nightlife Community

prozac and e

rl90fe

According to a study on E I read, if you regularly use prozac it is a re-uptake(sp) inhibitor so the E will not work because it works on the same part of the brain that the Prozac is trying to correct. They also said in this study that if you take Prozac after rolling it will deminish the bad effects of E because it goes to the part of the brain that E has taken all of the seritonin from and closes the synapse(sp) so harmful chemicals can not get in and damage the neurons. Like abortionator said if you are taking Prozac for depression I don't think E would be a good idea since E causes depression after taking it. You might be messing with something that you shouldn't be.

I am going to try and find the link to this site, extremly informative.

Originally posted by prplhz

According to a study on E I read, if you regularly use prozac it is a re-uptake(sp) inhibitor so the E will not work because it works on the same part of the brain that the Prozac is trying to correct. They also said in this study that if you take Prozac after rolling it will deminish the bad effects of E because it goes to the part of the brain that E has taken all of the seritonin from and closes the synapse(sp) so harmful chemicals can not get in and damage the neurons. Like abortionator said if you are taking Prozac for depression I don't think E would be a good idea since E causes depression after taking it. You might be messing with something that you shouldn't be.

I am going to try and find the link to this site, extremly informative.

:laugh: the e will work

Originally posted by stymie

:laugh: the e will work

I'm not so sure about that, I mean if tou think about it the Prozac is fucking with your seritonin and so is the E, read that article and it says (in more medical terms) the same thing as I did.

And boy you're all over these boards, I posted that like 5 minutes ago, you troll;) :tongue:

when i was taking paxil (same shit), i took 12 hits one night thinking that the pillz just sucked (was bein a crackhead & the night did NOT end good!), and later i just came to the conclusion that when on anti-depressants u can't feel the effects of E. and listen to them when they tell u that u shouldnt fuck wit E if ur on prozac 4 whatever reason, cuz it really isnt a good idea. that depression is something i NEVER want to experience again! take it from me....i went thru hell for 4 years, it aint worth it!

I think some anti depressants act in different ways, like ssri's and MAO inhibitors. I have a friend who went on Celexa due to depression from rolling too often and about 6 months in, he decided to roll again. We knew the pills were good because I was rolling my asshole off and so was everyone else we were with but he didn't feel anything. So he took another. Still nothing. (Just for everyone's info, this was the memorable "Twilo Fire Night") So he took a third. Well, about an hour after taking the third one he was so cracked out that he didn't even know where he was. I don't think he experienced any major depression the following week but needless to say, his therapist wasn't happy when he told her he hit the pill again. That is all.

mostly ssri's will just make it so you dont roll, they negate the effects, unless you take a ton, def not a good idea.

If your on a MAOI... you hopefully know what not to take and even eat.... doing a roll could REALLY fuck you up, bad!!!!

even a 1/4 of a roll could make you roll so hard and long you are taking serious risks.

Originally posted by Crackorn

I think some anti depressants act in different ways, like ssri's and MAO inhibitors. I have a friend who went on Celexa due to depression from rolling too often and about 6 months in, he decided to roll again. We knew the pills were good because I was rolling my asshole off and so was everyone else we were with but he didn't feel anything. So he took another. Still nothing. (Just for everyone's info, this was the memorable "Twilo Fire Night") So he took a third. Well, about an hour after taking the third one he was so cracked out that he didn't even know where he was. I don't think he experienced any major depression the following week but needless to say, his therapist wasn't happy when he told her he hit the pill again. That is all.

thats what happened wit me....except i didnt stop at 3, i ended up takin 12 and was beyond cracked out....i ended up in the hospital for 2 dayz...

and im thinkin u might need more than a few dayz for it to get out of ur system im not sure...if i were u, i wouldnt even bother

If you are regularly taking antidepressants for a while, it takes about 2-3 weeks for them to stop affecting your brain. You'd def. need a bit more than a day to enhance your e-xperience.

But, if you were prescribed antidepressants in the first place, your best bet is to stay the hell away from e until you are well past your depression.