Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Weight Loss Shakes

radioxkiss

In case you have not. Here you go.

"Nutrition facts, per can: Energy: 216 kcal, Protein - 13.7g, Fat - 2.6g (of which saturates - 0.7g, of which monounsaturates: 0.7g, of which polyunsaturates: 1.3g), Carbohydrate - 34.5g (of which sugars: 34.5g), Fibre: 4.7g, Sodium: 0.2g

Ingredients: Skimmed Milk, Water, Sugar, Milk, Protein, Gum Arabic, Corn Oil, Vitamin and Mineral Mixture, Flavourings, Emulsifier (Mono- and Diglycerdies of Fatty Acids), Stabilisers (Carrageenan, Guar Gum), Colour (Beta Carotene) "

Check out the carb/sugar 34.5 grams :eek: That is more than I get in 2 weeks worth of dieting. You would be better served by grabbing that delicious cinamon roll. At least then you would really enjoy your meal.

The worst part of the drinks is the 10:00 crash. It bascially causes the same symptons as diabetes does. Some it effects worse then others.

Nautica

met-rx makes a good protein shake... 40g protein, 15g carbs (for vanilla, or 13g if you can stand the strawberry)...

i don't remember the rest exactly... but the strange thing is, the vanilla tastes REALLY good... (and normally vanilla is the worst flavor for shakes)

Originally posted by joeg

met-rx makes a good protein shake... 40g protein, 15g carbs (for vanilla, or 13g if you can stand the strawberry)...

i don't remember the rest exactly... but the strange thing is, the vanilla tastes REALLY good... (and normally vanilla is the worst flavor for shakes)

Vanilla really is the best flavor. Chocolate and strawberry are horrible. Those shakes are expensive, though; the least I can find them for is $2.70, and most places it's $4.00. My protein powder + fat-free sugarless jello pudding mix comes to less than $1.00 per 46g of protein, which is *much* better... if money is an issue, that is...

Originally posted by rackham

Vanilla really is the best flavor. Chocolate and strawberry are horrible. Those shakes are expensive, though; the least I can find them for is $2.70, and most places it's $4.00. My protein powder + fat-free sugarless jello pudding mix comes to less than $1.00 per 46g of protein, which is *much* better... if money is an issue, that is...

yeah, strawberry reminded me of the old antibiotics they used to give you for like an ear infection or something... not worth the 3 less g of carbs...

haven't tried chocoloate... don't plan on it...

they're definately not a solution for every day drinks unless you need them on the go or something... any form of powder comes out WAY cheaper, like you said... i usually grab them if i'm out and need something in between meals, or if i got delayed while i was out and didn't get to have a my normal proteinshakes...

plus its slightly higher in carbs than most whey powders... but lower than most pre-made drinks...

i still can't get over how good it tastes, though...

Originally posted by hroark

then what is the best method for losing weight?

There is no one best method - but that is a whole different book.

My point is that there is no "weight loss" shake. Shakes are meant to be meal replacements. It is your overall diet and exercise program that will dictate your weight loss.

When buying a shake you need to first determine what type of diet program you are going on. Then and only then should you look for a shake or shakes to incorporate in your meal plan. First you need to look at the back and see exactly what is in the shake. then buy one and taste it. Make sure you like it and that it is not too thick or you will not continue to drink it. Then make sure you find several different shakes that you like - variety is the key to any diet.

Unless of course you blend some crack up in your shake.

Nautica