Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armin van Buuren @ Arc Review

So, We went to the Arcade last night to see armin van buuren. To start off the night went to the bar few blocks down from the place. Had a few drinks and i had to urinate real bad. So i decided to go and as i was looking in the reflection in the window as i was excreting my bodily fluids i see a undercover cop car roll by and pull over. To make it short, They gave me a ticket for urinating in public and disordally conduct. Back to Armin

Armin was dropping sick beats as i was loving it. Filo & Peri had there newest tune "Elevation" Pumping thru the speakers everyone was going wild. Congrats to Filo & Peri for their breakthru. Check it out Filo & Peri - Elevation.

Overall it was a great night, even though they dont serve alcohol there. the vibe in the place was great, everyone was there to hear armin drop a set and it was great. Just one thing. TOoooo Many dudes

Joe D

Entrapment

I was there from 10:30pm until 1:45am & the music was great while I was there. The vibe was pretty decent, I haven't been to Arc since PVD spun there & it was good to come back.

And I'm proud to say I was 100% sober

Originally posted by llovesd

I couldnt make it last night but im curious, what time did he go on and what time did he play til? I saw him last december at roxy and he was amazing!!!

he came on around 10:30, and when I left at 1:45 he was still going

I walked into Arc around 11:10 and just shit myself. I had forgotten how awesome the Phazon sounds in person. The lightening was out of this world. LAsers galore! The lighting guy was working his ass off the entire night.

AVB was great, very hard, very clean. He dropped a few oldies from '99. The crowd was great, everyone was having a blast.

Here are a few pics I snapped with my LG VX6000 phone. I got yelled at once.. fuck em.

Picture011.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Good seeing a few old school CP peeps.. highmay, xtcgspot, zeeker. PEace out.

hahahha, Tell me about it my legs feel like jello from all the bouncing i was doing. But it def was a great night. Ill be honest with you Arc hgas a great sound system but it def wasnt like the time armin came to Roxy. Nights to remember for sure

all i can say is WOW

last night was truely an amazing night

i got there around 9:30 and it was kinda dead and i was sayin to myself dam this is gonna be a shitty night

around 11 armin comes on and the club is half full so it wassent that bad.

around 12 the club is packeddddd i was like this is insane espexally for a weds night

armin is truely a class act he was signing everything and jumpin and goin wild

i agree with some of you i wish the music would have been more underground but it was his record relase party so he had to play all the hits but the hits he did play wow

mike- turn off the lights

tiesto- traffic

mr sam- be as one(with summer calling accapella over it :eek:)

armin- communication

binary finary

midway- amazon

as the rush comes

CERN- THE MESSAGE !!!!!

avb- song for the ocean

laura turner- soul deep

solarcoaster- seven cities

marco v -loops n things

around 1 o clock he started to play alot more trancey a few underground tracks i never heard before, if anyone knows that track that was played around 1:15 please let me know.

and threw out the night armin kept puttin his hand up and sayin "number 1"

after last nights performance he showed he has what it takes to be number 1

thanks armin

I thought he was awesome. He played a ton of amazing tracks. I think if he played that same set at, let's say Roxy, on a Friday night, in a packed club that served alcohol, and no one had anyhtign to do the next day, it would have been an absolutely incredible night. But it was on a Wednesday, everyone had shit to do today, the place was empy, it was Arc, they closed at 3. Again, if it was on a Friday and at a cooler club, I would have been in heaven. Musically i couldn't have asked for that much more. Maybe a little more diversity, but again, he only really spun for like 3.5 hours. Not enough time to really build a diverse set. Especially when it's an album release party. he had to play a lot of his big songs.

Highlights for me...

Traffic into Amazon, into ATRC. And then at the end of the night, Seven Cities, into COMMINUCATION, into Solid Globe. Cool to finally hear No Return in a club for the first time.

What the hell was his last encore? Amazing.

Yeah his set was more to what people knew already, like big hits that are like top. He played a few great tracks that are just being released on his new compilation. I agree , if it would of been at a better club. Avalon looks like a cool place. i remember i saw tiesto for the first time over in limelight it was one of the sickest nights to remember

what a great night... honestly.

i got there, alone, at 10pm, the place was empty. it started filling up around 11 when armin went on... but the good thing was - there was plenty of room to dance. and i danced like crazy, i havent had that much fun dancing at a club to GOOD music in such a long time. it felt great to hear such damn fine beats. he was pumping it from around 12-1, i couldnt stop dancing. then there were more anthems, which i love too of course... so many songs were amazing. armin really ripped shit up wednesday night. im really glad i went.

embrace me... surround me... as the rush comes...:D

I am so bumbed i couldnt make it that night and you so just killed me, in a good way, with that last line

Embrace me....surround me....as the rush comes...

as the rush comes

as the rush comes

THAT SONG RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He played that, that is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm not sure what you guys mean by it would have been better at a better club...consider that it was the perfect size for the crowd and the sound there is tip top...

...if it had been at roxy on a friday and packed you wouldn't have gotten the intimate dj experience you did, there would have been a shitload of drunk people bumbing into you, etc., etc. having it on a weekday brought out tru music lovers. its suks for folks who really wanted to go but couldn't of course...