Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ALCS -It's on baby!!! Yankees-Red Sox!!!

someclown

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by someclown

It is going to be a war. I am so psyched to see maybe the greatest league championship series EVER!!!! Yankees in 6.:D

Whoop whoop! :D

(I must admit.. I was kinda hoping Oakland would go.. for personal observation reasons.. but I'd much rather have the Yanks go thru Boston to get to the World Series than have to pummel Oakland's pitchers..)

Originally stated by George Steinbrenner

"The win against Minnesota demonstrates the spirit of our Yankees. We were treated beautifully by Minnesota, but our team had the mental toughness that only the Yankees can show. New Yorkers are battlers, and so are we. The victory was great for New York and for our fans, and I'm proud of our guys. I'm anxiously awaiting the winner of [last night's] Boston-Oakland game.

"New Yorkers support our team with their hard-earned dollars, and I want our team to understand what we owe them by the way we dress and how we play on the field. One thing that we hold dearly is that quitters never win and winners never quit. For us, winning isn't the only thing. It's second to breathing. As MacArthur said, 'Victory is essential.'

I know Ive posted this in other threads but this is gonna be one for the books!

Originally posted by mattm2o

Im gonna start drinking right now!

:pint:

:werd: I can't cause I changed my schedule tomorrow. I have to be in at 3:30am so that I get home by 12:00pm. Take a little nap and then get ready to head to the stadium... I figure I will start my pre-game drink at 2pm or so tomorrow... Lets get ready to :party:

Originally posted by elementx

Can't wait... Tomorrow at approx 6pm I will be in the Bronx getting my drink on and heading into the stadium for what should be one of the best series in some time!!!

LETS GO YANKEES!!!

Holy shit Scott! My dad just called me and told me he got me tickets to tonite's game!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D :D :D :D :D

So I'll be there tonite! My seats are main box.. not sure where you'll be at but I'll definitely give you a call later this afternoon and see what the deal is.

HOLY SHIT I'M GOING TO THE ALCS.. AND I'M GONNA SEE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!

Originally posted by Codica3

My seats are main box..

As the rest of my fellow bleacher creatures would say tonight following our nightly roll-call of yankee starters....

"BOX SEATS SUCK, BOX SEATS SUCK"

Im sure you will hear that lingering from the Right Field side of the bleachers during the top of the 1st!!!!

Originally posted by mattm2o

As the rest of my fellow bleacher creatures would say tonight following our nightly roll-call of yankee starters....

"BOX SEATS SUCK, BOX SEATS SUCK"

Im sure you will hear that lingering from the Right Field side of the bleachers during the top of the 1st!!!!

LOL.. that's what my dad tells me they scream sometimes.. haha.. the bleacher creatures.. gotta love them.

Send my regards to the Yankee Skank.. haha, I'm sure she'll be there in full form!

LET'S GO YANKEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D :D :D

Originally posted by glittergal

The yanks are finally starting to play like they should....I couldn't get over all of the dropped and rolled balls in the first four or so innings. LETS GO YANKS you can pull it off guys!!! :D;)

um yeah.. i hope the yankees keep playing like that! :laugh2:

as i said in antoher post, last night the stadium was so quiet.. you could hear a pin drop.

and i thought it was hilarious that everyone got all excited when the sox started throwing balls.. yelling, chanting, clapping. i said, you'd think that the yanks just hit a homer the way everyone is carrying on.

i guess its the lil things in life they need to get excited about

Originally posted by nycchic24

as i said in antoher post, last night the stadium was so quiet.. you could hear a pin drop.

I dunno where you were sitting last nite, but it was anything but quiet where my seats were..

The crowd was being rowdy and there were some fights..

I dunno where you were sitting last nite, but it was anything but quiet where my seats were..

The crowd was being rowdy and there were some fights..

About 12 people got thrown out of my section... First they were throwing shit at the Sox fans... And then when the cops came up to the section they were throwing shit at the Sox fans and the cops... :rolleyes:

Just have a good time damn it... Yeah open your mouth and say shit. But chill with the other bullshit...

PS - MY VOICE IS SHOT...

nycchic... When you are down... Of course you are going to scream when any little thing happens... Ball, basehit, walk, what ever... Anything to get something going...

Cody - LoL with the phone tag last night... Too bad we could not actually get each other on the phone...

With all that said... Torre has to bench Johnson already... Give Giambi a chance at first... We all know he will hit the ball better when he is actually in the game... Stats show that. And we all know it...

Moose - Well he obviously was off last night. And Wakefield was obviously on... And the Yankee bats were dead...

I am not that upset that they lost last night. We all know they play better away... And truthfully. Boston came off a rally with the series before and Yankees went into the game on too much rest with no momentum...

Lets hope Pettitte can take on back tonight... :D

Originally posted by elementx

About 12 people got thrown out of my section... First they were throwing shit at the Sox fans... And then when the cops came up to the section they were throwing shit at the Sox fans and the cops... :rolleyes:

Just have a good time damn it... Yeah open your mouth and say shit. But chill with the other bullshit...

PS - MY VOICE IS SHOT...

nycchic... When you are down... Of course you are going to scream when any little thing happens... Ball, basehit, walk, what ever... Anything to get something going...

Cody - LoL with the phone tag last night... Too bad we could not actually get each other on the phone...

With all that said... Torre has to bench Johnson already... Give Giambi a chance at first... We all know he will hit the ball better when he is actually in the game... Stats show that. And we all know it...

Moose - Well he obviously was off last night. And Wakefield was obviously on... And the Yankee bats were dead...

I am not that upset that they lost last night. We all know they play better away... And truthfully. Boston came off a rally with the series before and Yankees went into the game on too much rest with no momentum...

Lets hope Pettitte can take on back tonight... :D

My voice is shot too.. :laugh:

Sorry bout the phone tag thing.. I sent you a text during the game, did you get it? I thought those might be easier since I couldn't hear my phone and neither could you..

Giambi sucks, maybe they should bench him and have someone else as the DH.. he's killing us hitting in that number 3 spot..

Johnson is a better defensive player than Giambi is, he doesn't have the range. I feel more comfortable with Nick at 1st.

My voice is shot too.. :laugh:

Sorry bout the phone tag thing.. I sent you a text during the game, did you get it? I thought those might be easier since I couldn't hear my phone and neither could you..

Giambi sucks, maybe they should bench him and have someone else as the DH.. he's killing us hitting in that number 3 spot..

Johnson is a better defensive player than Giambi is, he doesn't have the range. I feel more comfortable with Nick at 1st.

I am telling you... If Giambi is in the whole game his offence will come around...

And yes they should move him down in the order...

Johnson has done shit for us... Sorry... just the way I feel...

I got the text message... But didn't read it. I actually thought it was something from my phone company cause I normally don't get text messages unless they are from my company...

I will have to look at it now... :laugh: