Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Paul Oakenfold Mix CD

lightshow79

Hey Party people just want to update on Paul Oakenfold, He came out with a cd called Perfecto Presents: Paul Oakenfold (Great Wall). I give out a 9 out of 10, he really got back to doing what he's good at; mixing and track selections. I recommend the CD its from this year came out Sept 30th just bought it today, was left wanting more can't wait for him to come down again to Miami. Well as for the cd his mxing is impecable as usual and just takes you on a journey:)

Ummm... I actually bought this while I was in LA so that he could sign it when I met him. I wish I hadnt wasted the money, file or ink. LOL

This is one of the WORST cds Ive bought in a long time. "When the rush comes" is one of my fave songs and this mix SUX DONKEY BALLS!!!! The only track I like is the Arabic one on the 1st CD.

Oh well, live and learn.

Originally posted by echoesofdusk

it may very well be 8. Casa Flava – De Moma De (Paris & Sharp Mix) .. wasnt too fond of it.. the madonna one really took the cake for ruining it tho .. i guess i was just curious about the cd since so much was posted about it on TranceAddict

:D

Yeah, thats the one...I liked it but I am into that type of stuff.

You guys make it sound as if Oakenfold is the only one remixing Justin, or have you forgotten about Deep Dish and Sander's remixes? Those guys play and remix that commercial stuff too.

As for Madonna,Deepsky put out a good remix for her.

ATRC can nowadays be found on a LOT of compilation and mix CDs, and is slated to be voted as one of the years highlights for electronic music.

Personally I'll take Paul Oakenfold anyday over someone like DJ Rap or Richie Hawtin. Seriously, have you been listening to some of the stuff Hawtin has been putting out as Plasticman? Here's an example:

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/23617.ram

Brilliant record...for a five year old. Minimalstic crap at its worst.

Now compare that with Oakie's remix to Underworld:

http://www.cuepoint.info/sounds/23557.ram

The "I Hate Oakenfold" bandwagon is over folks, he's still here.

why so many oakenfold haters the guy kicks ass i have seen him live to many times to say that his mixing is just engineered in the studio. You guys have this obsession that everything has to be underground or its crap:mad: I mean plenty of people are remixing songs that are pop into dance songs. The guy has been a pioneer for trance for a while now and still producing and making records that bang, Like this last 1 perfecto presents "Great Wall" his song selection kicks ass and so does his transition into each song:) What makes me laugh how many of you wouldn't give anything to get the money he does and the crowd support he sees when he spins examples when he spinned at the love parade, Ibiza, Spundae, Budapest, Plenty of Big Festivals around the world, as in his cd China, England, London and even graced us with his presence here at Ultra. If mainstream means more money then dam by all means go for it you know dam well you guyz would so its unfair to try to bash on the guy for being mainstream, that just tells you how much in demand and how the fans have grown to love his music. As everything this is just my opinion and millions of others and of course you guyz here in cp have your own :confused: The only thing is i'm thinking most of you are house lovers and in love with oscar G, bellini, Roland so that has iguess effect on your judgement as for me i'm a trance head and always will be over any other genre in the scene well thats response and keep P.L.U.R. Alive

hey pod you need a role model and cheer up buddy the world isn't that gloom only if you make it which obviously if we had it your way there wouldn't be any fun or happiness, and for you mister blend you know what forget it, not worth it. This issue is a dead end with u guyz only tranceheadz and people who knows what he has done to evolve the music can appreciate what oakie brings to the table so after this post thats it for this topic for me its like talking and discussing with brick walls when all you guyz basically listen to is oscar g and roland that plays house gimme a break whatever anyway have fun bashing on oakie cause he still bringin in money as u bash him and will always have true fans as myself to support the scene and him. and YES P.L.U.R.:)

lightshow, take it down a notch. I respect other peoples opinions.

Oakie isnt my favorite DJ, but I like his sets and productions. However, I was probably wrong in bringing up DJs like Hawtin and Rap into this discussion, b/c I didnt mean for it to spiral into Oscar G. and Roland bashing. That was not my intention. They're both really good House DJs with a varied taste in music.

As for PLUR, come on man that term went outta style a long time ago. The only ones who will on occasion use it are the very young kids who have just gotten into the music, or some old hippie wannabes.

PLUR is a nice idea to preach, though very naive at the same time.

P.S. a lot of the ppl who were bashing Oakenfold on here are big fans of Trance.

I'm not gloomy, I'm just realistic. I'm not gonna run around screaming PLUR. The world isn't all that. I don't define it, I just live here. I'm sure the next crazed maniac with an AK-47 in a shopping mall is gonna stop when you go up to him and say PLUR.

Oh, and Oakenfold still sucks ass. Come see a real DJ this Saturday at Space 34.

Originally posted by lightshow79

hey pod you need a role model and cheer up buddy the world isn't that gloom only if you make it which obviously if we had it your way there wouldn't be any fun or happiness, and for you mister blend you know what forget it, not worth it. This issue is a dead end with u guyz only tranceheadz and people who knows what he has done to evolve the music can appreciate what oakie brings to the table so after this post thats it for this topic for me its like talking and discussing with brick walls when all you guyz basically listen to is oscar g and roland that plays house gimme a break whatever anyway have fun bashing on oakie cause he still bringin in money as u bash him and will always have true fans as myself to support the scene and him. and YES P.L.U.R.:)

Dude, please stop "when all you guyz basically listen to is Oscar g and Roland"...how do you know what all of us listen to....you honestly think all these poeple formulated thier opinions based on them liking house as opposed to trance. Please, the people on this board and especially the people that replied to this thread express a wide variety of musical tastes that include everything from house to trance to breaks and techno. I am sure thier opinions, as mine, are made up of first hand knowledge/experiencess bordered with a passion for great music. FYI I don't really prefer the style of OG and Roland ....so you theory goes out the window there...as for Jokie or Oakie...I have seen this guy spin at least 3 or 4 times ( dating back to 98') and each time I left feeling ...well bored out of my mind....sub-par technical ability. So tell me why I have a negative opinion on this guy....if I "basically" don't listen to OG and Roland and have taken time out of my schedule not once, not twice but at least three times to see this guy.

Originally posted by lightshow79

Hey Party people just want to update on Paul Oakenfold, He came out with a cd called Perfecto Presents: Paul Oakenfold (Great Wall). I give out a 9 out of 10, he really got back to doing what he's good at; mixing and track selections. I recommend the CD its from this year came out Sept 30th just bought it today, was left wanting more can't wait for him to come down again to Miami. Well as for the cd his mxing is impecable as usual and just takes you on a journey:)

My fav is "Another World"