Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To All The Yankee Fans Bitching About Pedro

pookie23

Originally posted by bxbomb

so he throws a pitch 3 feet over his head and IN THE STRIKE ZONE

This is an oxymoron... Theres no possible way he could throw it over his head 3 feet and have it also be a strike, b/c you did say "IN THE STRIKE ZONE"....

I've seen enuff outta you, all arguements going forward from you are to be for entertainment purposes only..

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2003/columns/story?columnist=olney_buster&id=1636790

No matter who pitches, the incidents of Game 3 will color the rest of the series -- the head-high fastball of Pedro Martinez, the verbal battles between the two teams, the confrontation between Yankees coach Don Zimmer and Martinez, which ended with Martinez throwing Zimmer to the ground. And, in the ninth inning, members of the Yankees' bullpen had an altercation with a Red Sox groundskeeper.

Martinez, outfielder Manny Ramirez, Zimmer and Yankees outfielder Karim Garcia were all fined Sunday by Major League Baseball, and commissioner Bud Selig ordered all the parties involved to refrain from comment -- a mandate that was honored for at least two hours.

Zimmer spoke briefly, through tears, expressing regret. "I'm embarrassed of what happened (Saturday)," Zimmer said. "I'm embarrassed for the Yankees, the Red Sox, the fans, the umpires and my family. That's all I have to say. I'm sorry."

And with that, the 72-year-old Zimmer stepped off the podium, weeping.

Shortly thereafter, three Boston executives -- owners John Henry and Tom Werner and president Larry Lucchino -- sat at the same dais, fielding questions about the Game 3 incidents, a news conference that seemed to directly contravene Selig's dictum.

They also responded to comments made by Randy Levine, the Yankees' president, who said -- among many things -- that the Yankees deserve an apology from the Red Sox for what occurred in Game 3, using the word "lawlessness."

Henry called Levine on Sunday afternoon and asked him to retract his remarks, and in what Henry portrayed as a genial conversation, Levine declined. "I would say that we certainly do take exception to his remarks, though," said Werner.

The Boston executives painted a sympathetic picture of Paul Williams, the groundskeeper who was involved in the bullpen altercation, as an upstanding employee of the organization, and Henry mentioned seeing the injuries Williams allegedly sustained. Lucchino stressed that both the Yankees and the Red Sox shared "some degree of fault" for the Game 3 incidents.

The Boston executives were asked whether they had spoken with Yankees owner George Steinbrenner, and Lucchino -- who tagged the Yankees with the moniker of "The Evil Empire" during the offseason -- quickly responded, "You bet I haven't."

Martinez's pitch, Lucchino said, "was a message, pitching inside is part of the game, and it went both ways (Saturday). Again, I think there's a danger that we are going to overdramatize what happened -- not that it wasn't significant, particularly the attack in the bullpen, I find enormously significant."

Henry said he appreciated Zimmer's statement of regret, and mentioned he "wouldn't mind seeing the same thing come from our side just as conciliatory." When Henry was asked from whom that apology might come, he said, "I think it could come from us."

But no apology was made, and late in the news conference, Major League Baseball spokesman Rich Levin stepped into the room and beckoned a Red Sox official; it seemed clear to reporters in the room that Levin was nonplussed about the fact the news conference was being held. Shortly thereafter, the questioning ended.

Yankees' officials were furious about the Boston news conference, and asked for permission to release a statement of response, which was read by club spokesman Rick Cerrone to a crowd of reporters in the visitors' clubhouse. The Yankees have complied with the commissioner's request for silence, Cerrone said, and "after we learned that the Red Sox violated the commissioner's order, we called the commissioner's office and received permission to issue the following statement (from Levine): "Both I and the Yankees stand by our statements of (Saturday). We will have nothing further to say until the commissioner's office concludes its review."

Don't bet on it.

Jeff Nelson, one of the players involved in the bullpen altercation, talked to reporters nearby, reasserting that the groundskeeper was responsible for the incident. And on and on and on it goes, in this heated rivalry.

Buster Olney is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

beating up a groundskeeper?? NICE.....:tongue:

Whoa a MEt and resox mind gettin together this could be dangerous . 1986 couldnt have worked out better Redsox continue their miserable existences since world war 1 and the MEts get to win a world series cause a guy cant field a ground ball... nice job guys

:laugh: :laugh:
Originally posted by djjonstephenAlso, you notice how some Yankees fans that are true baseball fans aren't reacting so violently whereas the Yankees fans who obviously have not watched a single game all year until they hit the playoffs are the ones most upset about the incident? Just more dumbasses opening their big fat yaps and not having a clue what is going on.

"They showed a stat on TV....now I know what I'm talking about"

idiots

:rolleyes::jerkoff:

Typical Red Sux fan response . . . True baseball fans aren't acting violently are you serious bwhahahaha You must be smokin some crack . . . So does the same apply for the fans of your team, they aren't really fans b/c they are acting violently. :rolleyes:

Please stop making illogical statements and hating on Yankee fans :laugh:

Originally posted by xlr8ted

This is an oxymoron... Theres no possible way he could throw it over his head 3 feet and have it also be a strike, b/c you did say "IN THE STRIKE ZONE"....

I've seen enuff outta you, all arguements going forward from you are to be for entertainment purposes only..

OK moron ...read into the scope of the response , you would know what i was talkin bout , that pitch 3 feet down was a strike . It was a purpose pitch thrown high but not inside

OK moron ...read into the scope of the response , you would know what i was talkin bout , that pitch 3 feet down was a strike . It was a purpose pitch thrown high but not inside

Moron :laugh: bro you said it not me.. I was just pointing out what was said, and it was wrong.. I have been dealing w/ these clowns from the Jersey board as well, and one thing about Yankees fans is they lie and they don't know stats.. If your going to debate, debate correctly whether it be stats , rules of the game or whatever, do it correctly, or people are going to call you out... Live w/ it bro. If its a fact, then get it correct, if its an opinion, then people will accept it...

Originally posted by xlr8ted

Moron :laugh: bro you said it not me.. I was just pointing out what was said, and it was wrong.. I have been dealing w/ these clowns from the Jersey board as well, and one thing about Yankees fans is they lie and they don't know stats.. If your going to debate, debate correctly whether it be stats , rules of the game or whatever, do it correctly, or people are going to call you out... Live w/ it bro. If its a fact, then get it correct, if its an opinion, then people will accept it...

rotflmao........its so true most Yankees fans dont have a clue what they are arguing about, they just know they saw a stat on TV and yell at the top of their lungs thinking they have a clue

ahhh.....what would the world be without Spankees fans

btw.....series is tied:tongue:

Originally posted by djjonstephen

seriously, aguing with Yankees fans is like arguing with a tree stump.....they are so fuckin dense and hypocritical that you realize there is a reason they are Yankees fans

Clemens headhunts Piazza - succeeds - no problems in that situation

Pedro headhunts Garcia - intentionally misses - he should be arrested that criminal

pfft

LOL you're clearly a dick because not all Yankee fans think Pedro should go to jail. :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:

Also, you notice how some Yankees fans that are true baseball fans aren't reacting so violently whereas the Yankees fans who obviously have not watched a single game all year until they hit the playoffs are the ones most upset about the incident? Just more dumbasses opening their big fat yaps and not having a clue what is going on.

"They showed a stat on TV....now I know what I'm talking about"

idiots

And I KNOW you're not talking about me here cause I've watched baseball like it was my job from day one.

Haha.. but it's so true.. a lot of my friends IM me after the game or talk to me and are like: OMG DID YOU SEE THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH acting like they know everything and I'm like: umm.. you like baseball?! :confused::laugh:

Originally posted by spragga25

awww...lil pussy boy is resorting to throwin insults again...don't mess with the big boys here.

Or the big girls.. ;)

You know it does kinda suck being a Yankee fan sometimes..

Cause you gotta carry the weight of all the fucking bandwagon jumping fans that don't know jack shit about anything and act like they do..

And they end up looking like fucking idiots and make the rest of the fans seem like morons.. :rolleyes:

Xler8ted you are still a fuckin moron ...oooooh sorry i said the strike zone ...please you know exactly what was meant that the ball was a strike if it was 3 feet lower ...still the fact of the matter is that Manny is a frikkin bitch and overreacted

Jon stephen= peter gammons:laugh:

yeah cody ...im a fair weathered yank fan that hasnt been watching baseball over 20 yrs religiously

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Codica3

Another incorrect generalization.. :rolleyes:

Your right.. Some if not most on CP fall into that category, I apologize. Someone posted on the Boston board that the Sox have the worst offense this year, when in fact we had the best, even going by stats. Also after game 2 when the Yanks won, someone posted that "its time to break out the brooms", umm a sweep is when the other team doesn't win one game.. I'm betting that this clown was just fooling around.:laugh:

Originally posted by spragga25

Clemens thowing a BAT at Piazza....that wasn't bullshit either? :confused:

Nah but it was pretty funny. I mean come on... He thought it was a ball... :laugh:

I never said he was right in that situation. But considering I hate Piazza that little pretty boy who should have never been a catcher and was lifted to the majors as a favor to someone... Please... I could care less if he was hit again...

seriously, aguing with Yankees fans is like arguing with a tree stump.....they are so fuckin dense and hypocritical that you realize there is a reason they are Yankees fans

Clemens headhunts Piazza - succeeds - no problems in that situation

Pedro headhunts Garcia - intentionally misses - he should be arrested that criminal

pfft

LISTEN TO WHAT I FUCKING SAID YA FUCK YA!!!

I don't care that he beamed him at all. In my eyes it is part of the game.

Fuck it I am not repeating myself. Read my other post for the 5th time...

Originally posted by Codica3

And I KNOW you're not talking about me here cause I've watched baseball like it was my job from day one.

Haha.. but it's so true.. a lot of my friends IM me after the game or talk to me and are like: OMG DID YOU SEE THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH acting like they know everything and I'm like: umm.. you like baseball?! :confused::laugh:

no....I wasnt talking about you

I know you are a baseball fan and I respect your opinion cause you actually know what you are talking about.......even though I dont agree with your faith in teams

btw.....Yankees Suck!

Originally posted by elementx

LISTEN TO WHAT I FUCKING SAID YA FUCK YA!!!

I don't care that he beamed him at all. In my eyes it is part of the game.

Fuck it I am not repeating myself. Read my other post for the 5th time...

douchebag.......I aint talking about you

look at all the other postees talking shit arguing moot points and bitching and whining like idiots

I know you got a clue, its actually fun to uphold a rivalry with people that know what they are talking about like you and Cody

douchebag.......I aint talking about you

look at all the other postees talking shit arguing moot points and bitching and whining like idiots

I know you got a clue, its actually fun to uphold a rivalry with people that know what they are talking about like you and Cody

:aright:

Yeah it is kinda fun. This is what it is all about...

What pisses me off are the Boston fans that are only Boston fans because they do not like the Yankees... :rolleyes:

I also think it is a discrace that there are actually Boston fans that make fun of Posasa's son and his medical problems and a few other issues...

But hey fuck it...

Game 5 Tonight... I will be stuck at work listening to it on a radio... Series tied at 2 a piece... This is what baseball is all about.

Yeah it is kinda fun. This is what it is all about...

What pisses me off are the Boston fans that are only Boston fans because they do not like the Yankees... :rolleyes:

I also think it is a discrace that there are actually Boston fans that make fun of Posasa's son and his medical problems and a few other issues...

But hey fuck it...

Game 5 Tonight... I will be stuck at work listening to it on a radio... Series tied at 2 a piece... This is what baseball is all about.

All shit talking aside.....this is shaping up to be one of the all time great series'

All shit talking aside.....this is shaping up to be one of the all time great series'

And to be a typical Yankee Fan... The rain out hurt us more than it hurt Boston... But we will face Burkett in game 6. So either way. I would have liked to have gone up 3 to 1 instead of tying the series... And we would have rocked Burkett...

But that is just my what if statement... :laugh:

Anyway. Even if the Yanks make the World Series. I will most likely not be in attendance... I tried so fucking hard yesterday to get tickets and failed for either of the games... I had 5 computers going in my office ( I was off ) But went into Brooklyn anyway. And also had 2 other people trying at there homes and none of us got them...

Ticketmaster website sucks and cannot handle large volumes of people!!! :mad:

Nah but it was pretty funny. I mean come on... He thought it was a ball... :laugh:

I never said he was right in that situation. But considering I hate Piazza that little pretty boy who should have never been a catcher and was lifted to the majors as a favor to someone... Please... I could care less if he was hit again...

Don't start with me...He's gonna be a HALL OF FAME PLAYER!!!!!!! It was a damn good favor.

Stop hating! :tongue: