Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OMG... What... Are... You...

teriaki

DOING???

If you are that guy, and you interfered with that play, I can't imagine how you feel.

If you're sitting in those seats, on the left field line, just about in the field of play, you just let the fielder do his job.

If you're that guy,... you pray security is coming to help you. Because you're not going to get out of Wrigley without a beat down.

I can't believe what is happening. :unhappy:

Originally posted by teriaki

DOING???

If you are that guy, and you interfered with that play, I can't imagine how you feel.

If you're sitting in those seats, on the left field line, just about in the field of play, you just let the fielder do his job.

If you're that guy,... you pray security is coming to help you. Because you're not going to get out of Wrigley without a beat down.

I can't believe what is happening. :unhappy:

i just called up my korean homies in chicago to FUCK THAT FOUR EYED MOTHERFUCKER RIGHT QUICK UP.

The dude didn't reach into the field of play. Sure, Alou most likely would've caught the ball, but it's not like he pulled a Jeffrey Maier and reached over in fair territory and the umps blew the call and called it a home run. To blame a loss on an indirect event like a guy reaching for an out of play foul ball is pussy. If the Cubs use that as an excuse, they don't deserve to go to the Series.

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

The dude didn't reach into the field of play. Sure, Alou most likely would've caught the ball, but it's not like he pulled a Jeffrey Maier and reached over in fair territory and the umps blew the call and called it a home run. To blame a loss on an indirect event like a guy reaching for an out of play foul ball is pussy. If the Cubs use that as an excuse, they don't deserve to go to the Series.

Sure sure... but the point is, *that* is when the wheels came off. It's not an excuse. Hell, there was only 1 out in the inning. Last I checked you need 3.

I like to think I would have had thought 'he can make a play on the ball... leave it alone.' FUCK MAN, it's your team out there! Let him get his out!

the cubs did melt down yes, no excuses there. thing is, that one play did change the momentum of things. what happens when marlins batters now face 2 outs rather than 1? what happens when gonzo doesn't need to rush to turn a double play but rather make a single out? up to this point, cubs had been playing AWESOME defense... ramirez's great catch of castillo's pop up bunt, bako throwing out pierre trying to steal second. it just kinda took the wind outta their sails i guess.

and quite clearly in overhead pictures, the fan was over the rail trying to catch the ball while alou was right next to it, but in field of play.

Originally posted by kken

the cubs did melt down yes, no excuses there. thing is, that one play did change the momentum of things. what happens when marlins batters now face 2 outs rather than 1? what happens when gonzo doesn't need to rush to turn a double play but rather make a single out? up to this point, cubs had been playing AWESOME defense... ramirez's great catch of castillo's pop up bunt, bako throwing out pierre trying to steal second. it just kinda took the wind outta their sails i guess.

and quite clearly in overhead pictures, the fan was over the rail trying to catch the ball while alou was right next to it, but in field of play.

It might've taken the wind out of their sails, but fuck, the count was 3-2 and it was a foul ball. It's not like the dude hit a homerun. If you're Prior, you reset and get the guy out. And if you're Alou, you don't overreact and throw a hissy fit. That one play might have been big, but you gotta get over it. It didn't directly cost a run at the time. It shouldn't have been a big deal. But I guess a cursed team makes a big deal out of every little thing and needs everything to go perfectly right to win a big game. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy at that point.

agree with shady. I don't remember, but didn't the Yankees still go on to win the series after the Jeffrey maier thing. The best team wins, period. And if they get their rhythm broken and can't get it back on track, then, yea, the deserve to lose.

plus i used to be a big Rangers fan and I still love pudge.

Originally posted by revaluation

agree with shady. I don't remember, but didn't the Yankees still go on to win the series after the Jeffrey maier thing. The best team wins, period. And if they get their rhythm broken and can't get it back on track, then, yea, the deserve to lose.

plus i used to be a big Rangers fan and I still love pudge.

The Jeffrey Maier thing went in favor of the Yankees. :(

The game was at Yankee Stadium. Jeter (I think) hit a fly ball to the warning track in right. Tony Tarasco was camped out right under the ball, waiting for it to drop into his glove. He didn't even have to jump for it. Then, all of a sudden, Jeffrey Maier reaches over the fence and catches the ball about three feet above Tarasco's outstretched glove. The umps called it a homerun.

i'm about to go to sleep. i'm not that pissed off about the loss coz this time 'next year' actually means something. by bringing in dusty baker, tribco has shown real commitment to actually winning. we also get corey patterson back from injury and who knows what free agents hendry can pick up along the way coughgregmaddumcough. marlins deserved the win and trip to series, they got a great club there. just hope they don't get contracted after this season hehe.