Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Getting back with the X

guest00901

I know people say...."He is your X for a reason"

But what if you broke up on stupid terms and a 2 years went by and a lot has changed and you still feel the same about eachother and its amazing when you see eachother....should you take the chance in getting back??? Or should you just back off cause you think things may end up the same way and get your heart broken again?

Originally posted by xpyrate

"If you love someone set them free/if they come back then it was meant to be";)

True, but if a breakup occured once, it can happen again.

I sometimes think about my ex, but there's a reason we broke up, and that will always be something between us if we ever did get back.

Sure, they probably made a mistake, decided to experience life before settling down, had to "find themselves", etc...but I believe that if they loved you, they wouldn't leave you to bang others and come back and be like, "ok, I'm ready", is so many words.

I loved, I learned, I moved on. They were in my life for a reason. And I thank them for that.

I honestly think that once you brake up, there is no point in getting back together, because now it will just be easier to break up again, since you already know how you would feel without him/her and they won't be AS hard to miss. Once you break up, things will never work out..at least for me they never did. It's just not the same. Especially after 2 years..there are so many different things that you guys missed in those 2 years of each others lives and it will just be weird. But than again, YOU NEVER KNOW...maybe this will actually work out for the best..so I guess go for it, enjoy yourself, you're still young and you have time to decide who's good for you and who's not :)

I think things can work out a second time as long as you dont dwell on the past and just concentrate on the future. Most of the time ex relationships dont go forward because you always look back on the bad things in the relationship instead of looking on all the good things.

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

I know people say...."He is your X for a reason"

But what if you broke up on stupid terms and a 2 years went by and a lot has changed and you still feel the same about eachother and its amazing when you see eachother....should you take the chance in getting back??? Or should you just back off cause you think things may end up the same way and get your heart broken again?

It could still work.

I've done that with someone, and she has greatly matured, has graduated from school, and seems to have her head on straight.

And so do i :tongue:

So it's worth a shot, just take it easy in the begin, and be open to communication ;)

Originally posted by sexxyme

I honestly think that once you brake up, there is no point in getting back together, because now it will just be easier to break up again, since you already know how you would feel without him/her and they won't be AS hard to miss. Once you break up, things will never work out..at least for me they never did. It's just not the same. Especially after 2 years..there are so many different things that you guys missed in those 2 years of each others lives and it will just be weird.

But if both the people involved underwent changes for the better while apart (maturing, self-sufficiency and learning about themselves) and they truly did miss each other, then it certainly could work again. THose feelings would ALWAYS be there, whether they split up for a year or 10 years (*IF the feelings were mutual)

Especially if the reasons for the breakup were trivial, i'd say give it another try, albeit cautiously

i personally hate all my ex's but everyones situations are different. if you dont have too much history with the guy & dont really know whether it was just bad timing for both of you or if you actually dont get along then you might as well give it a shot. maybe it will work out, maybe it wont. i personally have never had a good experience with an ex & the little getting back together things never yield good results for me..

hrm, i cant think of an ex i would want to speak to to say hi even... :tongue: i dunno, give it a shot just dont get all attached, youre young, there is really no reason to get into relationship after relationship. if you really care about him then dedicate your time to him if youre just doing it to do it then why commit?? you can wait a while and see if your feelings grow and date other people, maybe you will find somoene you have no past with who you like more.

goodluck.

Originally posted by somebitch

i personally hate all my ex's but everyones situations are different. if you dont have too much history with the guy & dont really know whether it was just bad timing for both of you or if you actually dont get along then you might as well give it a shot. maybe it will work out, maybe it wont. i personally have never had a good experience with an ex & the little getting back together things never yield good results for me..

hrm, i cant think of an ex i would want to speak to to say hi even... :tongue: i dunno, give it a shot just dont get all attached, youre young, there is really no reason to get into relationship after relationship. if you really care about him then dedicate your time to him if youre just doing it to do it then why commit?? you can wait a while and see if your feelings grow and date other people, maybe you will find somoene you have no past with who you like more.

goodluck.

can we date?

Originally posted by gmccookny

But if both the people involved underwent changes for the better while apart (maturing, self-sufficiency and learning about themselves) and they truly did miss each other, then it certainly could work again. THose feelings would ALWAYS be there, whether they split up for a year or 10 years (*IF the feelings were mutual)

Especially if the reasons for the breakup were trivial, i'd say give it another try, albeit cautiously

Yea I guess you're right..but listen everyone has their own experiences with relationships..I guess it all depends on the situation at hand!

Originally posted by kikilicious

I think things can work out a second time as long as you dont dwell on the past and just concentrate on the future. Most of the time ex relationships dont go forward because you always look back on the bad things in the relationship instead of looking on all the good things.

thats exactly how i think! my ex wanted to get back together but he always kept talking about the past, we are better off friends....in my case it didnt work