Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How many of you would like to see......

Junior spin at Sound Factory for one Saturday night / Sunday morning?

JP has been very loyal to his fans, has continued to cater to the true afterhours factory heads, and continues to spin house music that I enjoy dancing to. Overall, he's kept alive a vibe that has been dying all too quickly in Manhattan, and I sincerely hope his residency at Factory never ends.

However, just one night of Junior in that place would be a rare treat. Junior's original SF was before my time. I used to frequent Juniorverse alot, but I would imagine it wasn't the same as the original factory. Even though the location and crowd of the original SF has changed, I'd still love to hear Junior spin in the nightclub that he started.

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

I'd still love to hear Junior spin in the nightclub that he started.

That's not true at all. The SF of today and the original SF are not, by any stretch of the imagination, even *remotely* the same club... they have absolutely *nothing* in common- not the crowd, not the location, not the residents, not the owner or management... the only thing they share is the name. To say that Junior started today's SF... is to do a great disservice to his reputation.

I never claimed that Junior's original factory and the factory of today were even "remotely" similar, which is probably why I made a point of saying that both the LOCATION and the CROWD of the original factory have changed. I guess I should have also added that the latter followed Junior all the way to Juniorverse and beyond.

When I referred to Factory as the club that Junior started, I was referring to the name of the club, and how good I think it would be to see / hear junior spin at the spot that now assumes the name "Sound Factory" (same name as spot started by Junior). I never said that Junior started "today's" Factory.

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

I never claimed that Junior's original factory and the factory of today were even "remotely" similar, which is probably why I made a point of saying that both the LOCATION and the CROWD of the original factory have changed. I guess I should have also added that the latter followed Junior all the way to Juniorverse and beyond.

When I referred to Factory as the club that Junior started, I was referring to the name of the club, and how good I think it would be to see / hear junior spin at the spot that now assumes the name "Sound Factory" (same name as spot started by Junior). I never said that Junior started "today's" Factory.

Rudeboy, I hear what you're saying and agree 100 %. People are so quick to jump all over somebody for the smallest reasons.:rolleyes:

While it would be great to hear JV @ SF... it's got about a snowball's chance in hell of happening. Junior and Jp are not friends, they don't like each other and there is bad blood between them. JV had JP kicked outta Twilo (or possibly Tunnel- not sure which) stating that JP was trying to make a carrear outta biting JV's style. I seriously doubt JP is gonna turn over the wheels to someone who went out of his way to make him look bad. Junior may have started SF, and done a whole hell of alot for the House scene in NY... but SF long ago stopped being JR's club. SF and Jonathan Peters are one in the same.

Originally posted by djgrod

While it would be great to hear JV @ SF... it's got about a snowball's chance in hell of happening. Junior and Jp are not friends, they don't like each other and there is bad blood between them. JV had JP kicked outta Twilo (or possibly Tunnel- not sure which) stating that JP was trying to make a carrear outta biting JV's style. I seriously doubt JP is gonna turn over the wheels to someone who went out of his way to make him look bad. Junior may have started SF, and done a whole hell of alot for the House scene in NY... but SF long ago stopped being JR's club. SF and Jonathan Peters are one in the same.

Didn't Junior do the exact same thing to Danny? It seems like Junior is kind of an asshole. You are right, though. SF is JP's club now.

Yea he did it to DT also, among others... That was his thing to toss DJ's from his dancefloor. Funny thing is, as good as Junior is, and all he's accomplished, I guess JP is the one laughing now. He's been sitting in that booth in SF for the past 7 years and will be there as long as he wants to be...

Thats not true at all! Junior never had jp kicked out of anyclub and i have seen JP at junior parties many many times over the years. The only dj was DT and that shit is old news. Junior co founded the org. sound factory along with phil and rich. Junior put alot of time in building that club up from nothing. When it shut Rich went behind junior's back and took the name and opened up at a new spot. Junior was very upset with rich not JP and has said many times that he can take the name but he will never take what i built there. Twilo would have been called SF again if this all never took place. Junior took the SF party to the arena and then back to the org. spot . Jp has much respect for junior and junior has no problem with jp. I also was at the SF a couple of years back and junior's mother had passed away that day so jp came on the mic saying a few words for junior and played a track for him which was rocketman. The reason they called named the club the sound factory back then is they would build speakers and systems in the club during the week. This is where the phazon was born but did not get its name till later on.

<------ Stand corrected

I heard and read on many boards that JP and JV were on the outs and that JV kicked JP outta his club... I just took it for truth being that I wasn't there and alot of people were saying it. I guess not. I wasn't knocking JR, what I was trying to say is that when people think SF they think JP, even though JR started SF.. SF now is really the brand most closely associated with Jonathan Peters. Junior however, IMHO is NYC house. JV took what Larry Levin and Timmy Regisford started and ran with it... We owe JR a HUGE amount of respect for where he put us at. I'd love to hear him @ SF, I just don't think it'll ever happen

I agree. As stated in my original post, I don't think that JP deserves to lose his residency to anyone. His dedication to his crowd as well as house music has earned him the spot that is now his.

I'd never want to see anything fuck up the party that Factory now has on Saturday. In light of the current state of NYC nightlife, SF is the only place I even care to go to.

My post was just a useless question that has no significance beyond this messageboard. :)

Originally posted by djgrod

<------ Stand corrected

I heard and read on many boards that JP and JV were on the outs and that JV kicked JP outta his club... I just took it for truth being that I wasn't there and alot of people were saying it. I guess not. I wasn't knocking JR, what I was trying to say is that when people think SF they think JP, even though JR started SF.. SF now is really the brand most closely associated with Jonathan Peters. Junior however, IMHO is NYC house. JV took what Larry Levin and Timmy Regisford started and ran with it... We owe JR a HUGE amount of respect for where he put us at. I'd love to hear him @ SF, I just don't think it'll ever happen

Thats true. Junior and Phil smith were regulars at the garage where Larry played. Junior had a weekly party at bassline and then teamed up with phil to open sound factory. The space was very dear to junior he had said that he spend many nites around

the clock there painting etc. they really built it from the floors up.

Yea being that NYC clublife is pretty much in the dumps, SF (and Arc) shine as a beacon to the good ol days... RudeBoy, this is actually a pretty good thread u started, interesting converation and I learned a lil something too. I wish I saw NYC back in the glory days.... I never got to see Twilo, Tunnel, Limelight, Palladium... And I will forever be pissed @ my parents for not getting it on sooner...!

Originally posted by earthling

Thats not true at all! Junior never had jp kicked out of anyclub and i have seen JP at junior parties many many times over the years. The only dj was DT and that shit is old news. Junior co founded the org. sound factory along with phil and rich. Junior put alot of time in building that club up from nothing. When it shut Rich went behind junior's back and took the name and opened up at a new spot. Junior was very upset with rich not JP and has said many times that he can take the name but he will never take what i built there. Twilo would have been called SF again if this all never took place. Junior took the SF party to the arena and then back to the org. spot . Jp has much respect for junior and junior has no problem with jp. I also was at the SF a couple of years back and junior's mother had passed away that day so jp came on the mic saying a few words for junior and played a track for him which was rocketman. The reason they called named the club the sound factory back then is they would build speakers and systems in the club during the week. This is where the phazon was born but did not get its name till later on.

Thank you for that post. I never knew most of that stuff.