Clubplanet Nightlife Community

to the dj's on the board . . .

eggmok

do you listen to your own mixes when you are driving in your car . . .

i mean, i can see someone like shady driving and bobbin his head saying to himself, "damn, i'm good. i can't believe this came out of me." similar to the reaction when he takes a huge dump and says the same thing. mind you, i'm not comparing his mixes to his dump, but the reactions of impressiveness and speechlessness he has towards each . . .

discuss . . .

Originally posted by eggmok

do you listen to anyone else on the board and say, hmmmm, maybe i'll drop that track in my next mix . . .

or is that not cool to bite on a fellow dj . . .

If I like a song, I like a song. I don't care who else spun it. Unless it's Oakie. He's like the kiss of death to me for any tune. But I like hearing the mix just as much as the song. So I hate listening to songs unmixed. Makes me feel like something's missing.

about 1/3 of all the songs I get into every month come from listening to other people's mixes. The rest are from web sites, charts, msgbds and random shit that people send me.

I think listening to other djs, especially ones you respect, is a great way to hear different sounds and different artists. I personally hate James Zabiela (*ducks*), but I still listen to him from time to time bc he influences a lot of people.

Originally posted by revaluation

about 1/3 of all the songs I get into every month come from listening to other people's mixes. The rest are from web sites, charts, msgbds and random shit that people send me.

I think listening to other djs, especially ones you respect, is a great way to hear different sounds and different artists. I personally hate James Zabiela (*ducks*), but I still listen to him from time to time bc he influences a lot of people.

Brian I think he meant other djs on the board.

I haven't had a chance to really plan and record my mixes yet (still need to install some sort of recording software) but when I do, I'll probably listen to mix just so I can learn where I'm going wrong and correct it. But it definitely won't be listening exclusively to my mixes.

I've recorded some dooseys back in the day...can't even hardly listen to my old mixes except to get a good laff....but pretty much they all kinda sound the same - tennis shoes in the dryer.

:laugh: hey, what's up with your boy who's always cracked out in the fun box . . .

i forgot his name again . . .

I'll listen to mine several times when I first make them to make sure the mixes are okay. I'm sure most DJ's will agree that we're our own worst critics so I'm pretty hard on myself if a mix is sub par (slightly off beat or off key). It's also a good way for me to hear the songs enough so I'll know how to play them out. I don't consider it a narcissitic thing at all - if anything, it's a great way to improve as a DJ...

I've recorded some dooseys back in the day...can't even hardly listen to my old mixes except to get a good laff....but pretty much they all kinda sound the same - tennis shoes in the dryer.

I had a doosey this past Saturday. CD skipped right in the middle of a mix and caused a NICE one. I was so pissed off I pulled the CD out of the player and threw it all the way across the bar. It hit some chick and I think she thought we were giving away free CDs cause I saw her pick it up and put it in her purse. :laugh:

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I had a doosey this past Saturday. CD skipped right in the middle of a mix and caused a NICE one. I was so pissed off I pulled the CD out of the player and threw it all the way across the bar. It hit some chick and I think she thought we were giving away free CDs cause I saw her pick it up and put it in her purse. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by MadamMillie

pete?!?!?!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*sigh* i miss the fun box days.

pete, holy shit :laugh: . . .

he was friggin hilarious because he looked like a cigarette smokin zombie groovin on the dance floor . . .

he always had this weird smile and would walk up to all these random girls on the dance floor and start freakin em from behind . . .

btw, he still has 2 of my blue photon lights . . .

:laugh: :laugh: