Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AT what age did u start clubbin and who got u into it?

Bling

:D

i started clubbin at 23 and my friend karel got me into electronic music. he was never a big clubber but then i did research found out where they played the music i liked and the rest is history.

first club i ever walked into was the old space to see edgar and PVD :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically I started clubbing when I was 15. My cousin got me into it. She was 18 at the time and tried to hook me up with one of her friends from school. Obviously we were not in the US. It was in Greece in the summer of 1993. Back then it was all Europop. I was sort of into that sound until I realized what real dj's were. That was when I saw Danny Tenaglia perform in Athens. I had no idea who he was. I just saw a NY Yankees hat in the booth and asked somebody who was djing and then they told me. From that moment, I was hooked. I didn't know all the subgenres of dance music but I started going out and learning. Then, I started listening toi Oakenfold and Sasha and Digweed and all those dj's. Then they got old and started doing it for the money so they didn't give a shit about being ecclectic with their sets. I gave up on big name dj's when I saw Howells at Arc. From that moment on, I vowed to stay away (except of course for DT's sets). Then I started getting into the roots of house music and I also liked the sound of the west because it sounded more "natural" and funky. Progressive had died for me a little while after Lucien Foort, Tarrantella and Redanka, etc, etc). I will now only settle for (under the house moniker) tech house, west coast house, deep house, latin funky house.

I was about 20 when I discovered it, in 1994, with my best friend. We stumbled upon The Club @ The Firestone In Orlando, and shortly thereafter we met some passionate movers and shakers, who I still know today. It's been an awesome journey now that I think about it :hat:

18 years old - 1989/90 - Boston - Venus De Milo, Axis & City (which is now home to legendary Avalon)

Going to College in Beantown and an friend of mine convinced me to go check out a small group out of New York called Dee-Lite!!! :eek:

Rest is history and a million dead braincells!!!

I actually started clubbing when I was a lil kid... my family has been in the club business my whole life.... The above is just my intro into "The Scene"

I first stepped into a club when I was 14. Yes it was a teen club, but that is where I first experienced a different sound than was being played on the radio. I can still remember to this day the two songs that I influenced me greatly, Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus and Midnight Oil - Beds Burning. I kept going to the teen club till I turned 16, then started going to bars and clubs where I had friends playing in bands, made new friends and found my way into the "dance" clubs. I was always the kid break dancing when I was around 8 years old and always had mix tapes of my favorite songs.

When I turned 16 and could drive I found my way up to Detroit to some warehouse parties and later to the State Theater. The sounds of Kevin Saunderson, Jaun Atkins, Derrick May, and others were the DJ's that introduced me to House. I

No one else got me into the club scene, I was trying to get all my others friends into it, of course not may understood it.

I then started hearing a new sound that was reminiscent of and old sound I used to break to. The new sound was from the likes of Faline, Icey, and then I got hooked on breaks and the rest is history

Originally posted by erickamikaze

I first stepped into a club when I was 14. Yes it was a teen club, but that is where I first experienced a different sound than was being played on the radio. I can still remember to this day the two songs that I influenced me greatly, Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus and Midnight Oil - Beds Burning. I kept going to the teen club till I turned 16, then started going to bars and clubs where I had friends playing in bands, made new friends and found my way into the "dance" clubs. I was always the kid break dancing when I was around 8 years old and always had mix tapes of my favorite songs.

When I turned 16 and could drive I found my way up to Detroit to some warehouse parties and later to the State Theater. The sounds of Kevin Saunderson, Jaun Atkins, Derrick May, and others were the DJ's that introduced me to House. I

No one else got me into the club scene, I was trying to get all my others friends into it, of course not may understood it.

I then started hearing a new sound that was reminiscent of and old sound I used to break to. The new sound was from the likes of Faline, Icey, and then I got hooked on breaks and the rest is history

i was 14 as well eric .. i was clubbin in tha day of two without hats & shit like that ... :D:cool: :cool:

Guest brwneydtrouble

I was 16 the first time I went to a club - Amnesia. I actually went to Opium for the first time since then this past friday.

The first time I was really blown away by the MUSIC was the first time I went to Space - for Saeed and Palash in March of 2002. A bit of a late comer to the club world, but I think I have more than made up for it. ;)

Originally posted by erickamikaze

I can still remember to this day the two songs that I influenced me greatly, Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus and Midnight Oil - Beds Burning.

We have similar starts... Depeche Mode has and still is one of my all-time favorite groups... and long before Dt remixed any of their stuff!! :laugh:

I actually started playing clubs @ 16 years old... In one of the best places in the world to start as a DJ .... New Orleans...

Where else can U play what ever the HELL you want.. and people just keep drinkin & dancing! :D

Depeche Mode... Front 242.... Shriekback__

Those were the days... Before Clubbing was an econimic venture:blank:

I blame my Vinyl addiction on my Parents Grandparents & Siblings...

I used to Borrow their records and sneak out to parties as a kid... But back then you could drink if you could reach the bar!:laugh:

16/17 yrs old in Chicago 93' went to a lot of "raves" when they still could be called that. Mostly in really bad neighborhoods, warehouses, lofts, ghetto rollerrinks and even to the extreme of churches and funeral homes were all places that I seen today's top DJs before they were on magazine covers.

18 years old in Puerto Rico @ a Club called Warehouse took my hmmmmmm, you know and I remember the band playing was Rabbit in the Moon It was the best. I remember that night me and my friends went to an afterhours called Arturos. The biggest shit hole ever. But Ive been hooked since then.

16, at Anarchy, or some club in the Miracle Center...followed closely by..crap cant remember the name..on 22nd, by groovejet..uggh

Had the pleasure of listening to Oscar G's underground sounds way back in grade school cafeteria parties...

Clubing was the natural extension of going to house parties, and my love of dance music that started at an early age....thanx to my sister and rhythm 98

David Alexander

Originally posted by koky

i was 14 as well eric .. i was clubbin in tha day of two without hats & shit like that ... :D:cool: :cool:

Koky & Erik I was 14 as well in Jersey teen clubs two without hats was the shit I forgot about all those old records I used to buy back in the early 1990's I need to go diging into the crates because i have some gems that need to get played.

PEACE

MIRZA

Originally posted by lyrik

16/17 yrs old in Chicago 93' went to a lot of "raves" when they still could be called that. Mostly in really bad neighborhoods, warehouses, lofts, ghetto rollerrinks and even to the extreme of churches and funeral homes were all places that I seen today's top DJs before they were on magazine covers.

ah ChiTown... little later 4 me...16 years old, '96..... the Harvey...the Dolton.. "southside"..."live on the decks.." etc..

taking a train down to st. louis every year for a crazy Boogie Knights party in some big ass dirty warehouse...yyyyeah...

good times.

i think i was 15 or 16 and went to one of those all ages things , but things really started happening for me as soon as i got closer to being 21 .. although i missed too many things prior to it .. ive have taken advantage of it ever since. Just recently got involved enough to have a night and lets see where the future takes us ;)

It was June 1978 when I walked into my first club. It was the Mother of all clubs - Studio 54. I was with my sister and her boyfriend and we just parked the car when her boyfriend broke out some herb. When that was done we went into the club and hung out with all of their friends. Soon the snow began to fall and the place was nutz. Sex, Drugs and bad Disco music everywhere. People were lined up to do bumps off of some guys ass.

The country was Perú, I was 14, the club was called Nirvana...it was a big republican house built in the 1920's...you could go around the house and go into many different rooms...the music was basicly New Wave...The Cure, Simple Minds, The Smiths...that sort'a thang!

Great memories...

In Miami...The Spot, with none other than resident Dj...yes, a skinny, beardless George Acosta :eek: