4. Fly Again (junior) - Krystine W

5. Deux (level k) - Deux

6. Release Me (andy morris) - Industry

7. Kiss My Eyes (TKC mix) - Bob Sinclar

8. This Beat Is (calderone) - Superchumbo

9. Resonate - Victor Calderone

10. Deep Dark Shock (bugout blend) - Katana

11. Hello (trifactor v. gabriel & dresden) - Evanescence

IMO this is technically the best cd i've made possibly ever. Nice mix of vocals and tribal beats with a lil bit of techy and trancy stuff towards the end.

If u havent heard the Evanescence track (#11) i definitely suggest it, its my fav track on here next to the Monica. It has the closest sound to tiesto's rmx of silence in a track i've heard since silence came out.

I'll be giving out tons of cd's saturday night (11/15) at Deko Lounge (sayreville, nj)-- I'll also up it to servers in mp3 format and send it out thru aim. Only thing i cant do is email it so get at me on aim = djmikebugout

Enjoy

Mike

Originally posted by djmikebugout

DEFINITION mixed by Mike Bugout

1. Get It Off (TKC mix) - Monica

2. Just A Little More Love (wally lopez) - David Guetta

3. White Flag (scumfrog) - Dido

5. Deux (level k) - Deux

IMO this is technically the best cd i've made possibly ever. Nice mix of vocals and tribal beats with a lil bit of techy and trancy stuff towards the end.

If u havent heard the Evanescence track (#11) i definitely suggest it, its my fav track on here next to the Monica. It has the closest sound to tiesto's rmx of silence in a track i've heard since silence came out.

I'll be giving out tons of cd's saturday night (11/15) at Deko Lounge (sayreville, nj)-- I'll also up it to servers in mp3 format and send it out thru aim. Only thing i cant do is email it so get at me on aim = djmikebugout

Enjoy

Mike

track listing is sick mike im not goona be able to make it out to deko but i will hit u up on aim for it

5. Deux (level k) - Deux

Enjoy

Mike

Yo, you know im coming through on the 15th!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

5. Deux (level k) - Deux

Enjoy

Mike

This has most def got the making for a hell of a f'n cd, aim it over to me sometime kid. The reviews have been stellar, nice work. Looking forward to hearing it.

Mike - I LOVE your mix with one exception... The "Just A Little More Love (wally lopez) - David Guetta" track has got to be the cheesiest, most over played and over rated House song I've ever heard. This song is pure Euro trash at it's finest... It hits its low point when he holds the high note for like 10 seconds in the middle of the track. WTF is up with that? THis song just blows!!! There. I won't mention that song or how much I think it sucks ever again...

Originally posted by pyrrosdimas

Mike - I LOVE your mix with one exception... The "Just A Little More Love (wally lopez) - David Guetta" track has got to be the cheesiest, most over played and over rated House song I've ever heard. This song is pure Euro trash at it's finest... It hits its low point when he holds the high note for like 10 seconds in the middle of the track. WTF is up with that? THis song just blows!!! There. I won't mention that song or how much I think it sucks ever again...

thats just yr opinion ;)

thanks for the feedback...I kinda like the song but im glad to hear input no matter what the case...

thanks everyone for checkin it out

NJdio, imma PM you and tell u where u can DL it :D

Mike

guess Denver's the only place in the world not feelin it :confused:

No... Denver's playin' it in some places. I guess you GENIOUS's have never heard of Casa Del Soul Records? The Casa Crew is a tight group of DJ's and they don't spin cheese like Guetta. Then again for you Jersey and Borough heads Tsettos is King... Pathetic...

You same people were all over Dark Beat when it first came out. Admit it.

To you, quality House music is a JP pop diva remix. You could never understand real House music like Franck Roger, Kenny Hawkes, Boo Williams, Demarkus Lewis, Mazi, Bob Sinclair, Brett Johnson, Kevin Yost, Jay Tripwire, Pound Boys, Ty Tek, etc...

Bugout would know what I am talking about, but you other amatuers would not.

yikes be easy pyrooooo

fliz, calvin and brian know a lot more about music than u think--im saying that cuz i know all three of them in certain facets of this biz...

and denny is a great DJ. He plays a lot of great tribal and house records all the time. There's nothing like the nights at tempts when he plays some house classics like Work it to the Bone, Din Daa Daa, and shit like that.

If his style isnt your cup of tea thats understandable. A lot of the guys u mentioned I dont really like, but im not gonna say they're garbage.

No disrespect Pyro, Im just stating facts here. And as far as i know, many many many jocks are playing the guetta. Like international jocks as well, not just domestic guys. Every room i've played it in people ask me for the ID on it, without fail every time. But again, if you dont like it, thats cool, different strokes for diff folks. Hope you enjoy the other 10 tracks on the CD :D

Mike

yikes be easy pyrooooo

fliz, calvin and brian know a lot more about music than u think--im saying that cuz i know all three of them in certain facets of this biz...

and denny is a great DJ. He plays a lot of great tribal and house records all the time. There's nothing like the nights at tempts when he plays some house classics like Work it to the Bone, Din Daa Daa, and shit like that.

If his style isnt your cup of tea thats understandable. A lot of the guys u mentioned I dont really like, but im not gonna say they're garbage.

No disrespect Pyro, Im just stating facts here. And as far as i know, many many many jocks are playing the guetta. Like international jocks as well, not just domestic guys. Every room i've played it in people ask me for the ID on it, without fail every time. But again, if you dont like it, thats cool, different strokes for diff folks. Hope you enjoy the other 10 tracks on the CD :D

Mike

Well said Mike. :)

Denny is a great DJ. His crowds and how and whom he has to pander to are what makes him bad at times.

You may not like a lot of the guys I mentioned because they are Chicago style or Chicago influenced House. Not too many DJs in NYC play anything, but pop diva remix type stuff. It's either NYC House or Trance in NYC and not much else.

Being in Denver I have headliner DJ's come through The Church every other week. Check out the website and you'll see just who comes through Denver. Not to mention Denver has a lot of very good DJ's and eclectic DJ's who don't spin and pander to a Jersey type or SF classics/anthems crowd. I have been to Deko, Hunka, Tempts, DJAIS and many places in the city and have come away disappointed many times. I am thankful to be in Denver, since we have a good underground that isn't spoiled by the SF types and the Jersey crowd too... Many DJ's in Denver are producers too. They just don't spin. Check out the productions of Vitamin D, Pound Boys, Wyatt Earp, Ty Tek and Little Mike to name a few. Some of their tracks are getting International exposure (Lee Burridge) and are favorites of your Junior Vasquez and Danny T.

I like different styles of House. I don't just listen to Murk, Junior & Calderone type remixes and productions. If I want to hear top 40 type House, then I'll listen to a Johnny Vicious mix CD (no disrespec to Johnny, but his compilation CD's have track selections just like Louie Devito...). If you want to hear someone much more creative, then check out Tony Senghore (NYC based) or Vitamin D/Floorfillaz.

People should listen to different styles of House. Then again most people play the same 30 songs over and over and over again adnb that is what CPers like. Using the analogy about Guetta's popularity, do you think Nelly is better than Show & AG or KRS-One? He must be because he's more popular and he sells more records. Then David Guetta must be the bomb because eveyone loves his track "Just A Little More Love".

And Yes Mike your CD is banging and the mixing is very tight too.

Denny is a great DJ. His crowds and how and whom he has to pander to are what makes him bad at times.

You may not like a lot of the guys I mentioned because they are Chicago style or Chicago influenced House. Not too many DJs in NYC play anything, but pop diva remix type stuff. It's either NYC House or Trance in NYC and not much else.

Being in Denver I have headliner DJ's come through The Church every other week. Check out the website and you'll see just who comes through Denver. Not to mention Denver has a lot of very good DJ's and eclectic DJ's who don't spin and pander to a Jersey type or SF classics/anthems crowd. I have been to Deko, Hunka, Tempts, DJAIS and many places in the city and have come away disappointed many times. I am thankful to be in Denver, since we have a good underground that isn't spoiled by the SF types and the Jersey crowd too... Many DJ's in Denver are producers too. They just don't spin. Check out the productions of Vitamin D, Pound Boys, Wyatt Earp, Ty Tek and Little Mike to name a few. Some of their tracks are getting International exposure (Lee Burridge) and are favorites of your Junior Vasquez and Danny T.

I like different styles of House. I don't just listen to Murk, Junior & Calderone type remixes and productions. If I want to hear top 40 type House, then I'll listen to a Johnny Vicious mix CD (no disrespec to Johnny, but his compilation CD's have track selections just like Louie Devito...). If you want to hear someone much more creative, then check out Tony Senghore (NYC based) or Vitamin D/Floorfillaz.

People should listen to different styles of House. Then again most people play the same 30 songs over and over and over again adnb that is what CPers like. Using the analogy about Guetta's popularity, do you think Nelly is better than Show & AG or KRS-One? He must be because he's more popular and he sells more records. Then David Guetta must be the bomb because eveyone loves his track "Just A Little More Love".

most ignorant and generalized comment ive ever read

saying the Vicious isnt creative b/c of his last cd isnt correct. Labels tell him what to put on the cd. See him spin and run loops and acc and all that. Thats creativity.

As for the hip hop example...I meant 2 things

1- it gets requested a lot and im not an "Ego DJ" who wont play requests. I like my floors packed. but the bigger point

2- When i said many dj's are playing it--i mean that means it gets critical as well as popular acclaim. I agree about ur Nelly point. But when critical DJ's as well as popular DJ's are both playing a record, it has to have some quality to it.

Seghorn is dope. I like a lot of his productions. You want to see tri-state creativity. Mr Richie Santana, Mr Peter Bailey, MR MIKE MACALUSO! All their new stuff is mind blowing plain and simple, I cannot wait till March for some of the bombs these guys are sitting on. Mike and Peter's label is constantly receiving calls to have tracks on En-Soul be placed on compliations and such. There's tons of creativity if you look behind older stereotypes around here.

Mike

LOL...have you REALLY been to NY? Have you heard of Danny Tenaglia? Erick Morillo? You make it sound like "The Church" is the only place in the country that gets headliners....c'mon man...please understand that NY is a city that is very diverse, with people that have many different musical tastes and various different DJs and venues to cater to these tastes....generalization is the sincerest form of ignorance....

Fliz

First off, I think the David Guetta vocal is really catchy...maybe the original vers. is cheese but Wally Lopez did a great job with it I think.

If you're not feeling the vocal, check out the instrumental on the b side of the record--the track itself is dope and you might feel differently.

And I agree with what everyone has said so far...generalizing that NY peeps only dig "top 40 house" (which incidentally doesn't exist, cuz if it did, we would see top 40 stations playing that shit, and they def. do not) is a really bad assumption.

Yes NY'ers like anthems and things of that nature, but it isn't the only vibe people are feeling here. I think a lot of people outside of the NY area have the same notion as you, and it's just not true at all.

And as for the more commercial NY dj's (i.e-Johhny Vicious), listening to one of his mix cd's is VERY different from hearing him live...and this goes for most DJ's who decide to hop on the mixed compilation cd bandwagon. As Mike said, he's obligated to put certain tracks on due to label pressure...plus if they don't put tracks that ppl know on these things they don't sell enough to make any profit.

And also you are right...just because something is popular does not mean that it's quality. We have been shown this many times already within the past 5 yrs. of looking at the charts...but I don't think everyone here is just riding on the commercial train that you speak of.

I agree with you sdeelite. I think there are too many so called experts on here that only know one genre of House.

Mike Bugout's CD/mix is excellent with the exception of track #2 (I think the Wally Lopez remix blows too). I think the overall track selection is very good and the whole CD is very tight. I'll give credit where credit is due.