Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Acosta-tonight

frisco24

Level last week was off the hook!

I must say, GA TORE it up last week. By far the best set I've heard from anyone in a looooong time!

The place was PACKED and sure to be there again tonight.

Acosta get's no love from CP but that is one bad mofugga!

Enough with all this Space this Space that BS, come see a real DJ...the DJ that paved the way for Space...the DJ that Space wants and cannot get, nor compete against when he is in town.

I am tired of reading so much bitching about Space...what is it with that place? I've only been there once (old space) and vowed never to go again. Forget Disney being the "happiest place on Earth," Space (Disney @ Downtown-the only reason why I know this is because you all write about it so damn much) is the "DIRTIEST place on earth."

Then again, being in the business, I tip my hat to whomever owns Space--No publicity is bad publicity.

Originally posted by frisco24

Level last week was off the hook!

I must say, GA TORE it up last week. By far the best set I've heard from anyone in a looooong time!

The place was PACKED and sure to be there again tonight.

Enough with all this Space this Space that BS, come see a real DJ...the DJ that paved the way for Space...the DJ that Space wants and cannot get, nor compete against when he is in town.

I am tired of reading so much bitching about Space...what is it with that place? I've only been there once (old space) and vowed never to go again. Forget Disney being the "happiest place on Earth," Space (Disney @ Downtown-the only reason why I know this is because you all write about it so damn much) is the "DIRTIEST place on earth."

Then again, being in the business, I tip my hat to whomever owns Space--No publicity is bad publicity.

ck your pm's....

Originally posted by frisco24

What do you mean... I went all the way to detroit to hear his CD release party at blue and the fucker didnt show!!!!

(ok... so I was home for personal crap and about to rip my hair ut from the music across the street at the state theater, but I really was going to go.)

Originally posted by Bling

hmmm acosta omfg im so there hes the man i cant fuckin wait ................... :vomit3:

The funny thing bling, I guarentee you would have been a total GA groupie and Shadow head if you were 5 years younger.

GA was never my thing, but the boy put himself on the map, and still is one of the most recognized trace dj's out of miami.

the thing with acosta is that if you hear him one night...he will be awesoem play some realy great tracks and the next night he will be cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese. hes gotten such a bad reputation from being a asshole to people and going to gigs and getting so fucked up that he could barely spin...

back in the shadow days he was the shit..bottom line. and ive yet to see some of that shadow lounge energy be duplicated

Originally posted by drsatan

the thing with acosta is that if you hear him one night...he will be awesoem play some realy great tracks and the next night he will be cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese. hes gotten such a bad reputation from being a asshole to people and going to gigs and getting so fucked up that he could barely spin...

back in the shadow days he was the shit..bottom line. and ive yet to see some of that shadow lounge energy be duplicated

i agree:cool:

Bling -

Have you ever heard George play? I ask because, as Shroomy said, it seems like exactly your cup of tea. You seem to be all about the trance and GA is certainly about the trance.

If you posted what you did without having even heard him, that's really lame.

I'm not into that sound or most of what you like but the guy has earned some respect.

Originally posted by Bling

ive never heard him live but ive gotten sets of his and listen to his stuff on party 93.1

im stickin to edgar v as my local trance fix.. gotz to stick with the man that got me into trance into the first place

OK...you are LAME

1.) Shroomy is right. You would love George. You can't hear him on the radio and get it. It's very different live with the crowd energy and vibe.

2.) Your sig says:

Self Proclaimed Trance Whore and Armin's Bitch

Top 3 DJ's in world (trance anyone?)

1. Tiesto 2. PVD 3. Armin

Funny thing is that George was Armin's bitch long before you ever heard of him.

3.) Edgar is your man. Would it surprise you to know that Edgar was once referred to as George's protege? George was one of Edgar's major influences. In fact, they showed up together for the Shadow Lounge Saturdays for years together and I would have Edgar fill in for GA when he was out of town.

4.) Why is it that you can only have one local trance DJ that you like?

Bling, I don't know you but what I think is that you are a follower who has read all the anti-GA stuff on CP and just wants to fit in. George's sound is not my cup of tea, (nor is Armin's, PVD's or Tiesto's, for that matter), but he is an important part of the evolution of the scene in Miami and has earned what he has. The real shame is that you would like it.