JV & his tolerant followers : I NOT SPINNING TILL THE "

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by chris817

Its called a gay party

Is that enough of an explaination for ya?

:idea:

ok, then all the gays should STFU and not bitch when ppl at a STRAIGHT party start talking shit about them then... but thats not gonna happen

so if they wanna go around whining about people talking about them and how they dont want to be excluded or out of place, then the peopel they show support should be making others feel out of place or unwelcomed either.

stop it with the hypocritical bullshit its getting annoying, junior is the biggest biggot ever so if your a JV fan dont bitch about stereotyping/exclusivity/hate- because they are all things that YOUR JUNIOR does himself, abit in differnt ways

I personally have only ever heard of this happening, and I believe it was like original SF and tunnel days and back then things were a LOT different, Junior's crowd was a lot different as well. You can't use that example since I know girls that go to Junior's parties, they just don't want these little chickenhead girls in there that could give a shit who's spinning and expect to get in free. Wandering around all night asking where the hip hop room is ;):laugh:

Originally posted by todd f

they just don't want these little chickenhead girls in there that could give a shit who's spinning and expect to get in free. Wandering around all night asking where the hip hop room is ;):laugh:

i used to love getting asked that question @ the old exit fridays, i would always put on a serious face and say "i'm sorry its closed tonite, the DJ called in sick" :laugh:

Originally posted by earthling

Really i have never heard jr say this to anyone:confused:

ur joking right? there have been times where he has actually shut the music off cause he saw a straight guy and straight girl dancing together

aaaaaaanyways, for all i care SF could burn to the ground now

Etienne! :D

Guest shortyrockrox
Originally posted by earthling

Really i have never heard jr say this to anyone:confused:

I have heard him use the term bitches & fish refering to women

Originally posted by todd f

I personally have only ever heard of this happening, and I believe it was like original SF and tunnel days and back then things were a LOT different, Junior's crowd was a lot different as well. You can't use that example since I know girls that go to Junior's parties, they just don't want these little chickenhead girls in there that could give a shit who's spinning and expect to get in free. Wandering around all night asking where the hip hop room is ;):laugh:

actually he shut the music off at TWILO on more than one occassion & at EXIT some1 threw something at him and he got on the mic saying i hope whoever threw that glowstick at me was NOT gay

WTF does that have do to do with anything....his career is over, he should retire and put himself in an old age home

Etienne! :D

Originally posted by chris817

Its called a gay party

Is that enough of an explaination for ya?

:idea:

Im not crying about it if jr h8"s straights and women thats cool its his right we are americans but dont bash jp fans for not liking homos everyone has a right to there opinion.

Isnt Jp gay or at least bi?? I remeber at his birthday party last year when danny tenaglia came on stage, they sounded like they wanted to kiss each other, and jp does talk a little fruity. and fuck JV and his little whiny ass for wanting a 4 million dollar dj booth at exit, now one of the best clubs in terms of sound system and venue is only open to gays, thats fucking bullshit.

Originally posted by xhead247x

now one of the best clubs in terms of sound system and venue is only open to gays, thats fucking bullshit.

Firstly, Junior is only spinning Saturdays and not Fridays. So Friday either is already or still might be a straight night at SF.

As for Saturdays being only open to gays. Not true. I assure you that the club will be open to all types. The first few weeks, or perhaps the first night, Dec 6th, I could possibly see the door being a little harder to get by if you are straight. I remember Junior's first night at Exit, the door guys walked the length of the line picking all the gay people off of it and allowing them in. In all, however, the night was still heavily mixed. I think the door people want to create an atmosphere that is mostly gay with a minority of other elements. Why? It's what Junior wants. He wants a gay crowd. His nights have always been like that. Perhaps he wants to create a world in which gay people are the majority for a few hours out of the week. Do I agree with his antics of kicking people out or stopping the music? Not really. But I think many of his fans see this as all part of the act. It's the Junior drama. It's slightly absurd but laughable and I think he's always used it to make a name for himself. As shady as it may be, you must admit he has created a very unique image for himself.

It will certainly be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Originally posted by redzinger

Firstly, Junior is only spinning Saturdays and not Fridays. So Friday either is already or still might be a straight night at SF.

As for Saturdays being only open to gays. Not true. I assure you that the club will be open to all types. The first few weeks, or perhaps the first night, Dec 6th, I could possibly see the door being a little harder to get by if you are straight. I remember Junior's first night at Exit, the door guys walked the length of the line picking all the gay people off of it and allowing them in. In all, however, the night was still heavily mixed. I think the door people want to create an atmosphere that is mostly gay with a minority of other elements. Why? It's what Junior wants. He wants a gay crowd. His nights have always been like that. Perhaps he wants to create a world in which gay people are the majority for a few hours out of the week. Do I agree with his antics of kicking people out or stopping the music? Not really. But I think many of his fans see this as all part of the act. It's the Junior drama. It's slightly absurd but laughable and I think he's always used it to make a name for himself. As shady as it may be, you must admit he has created a very unique image for himself.

It will certainly be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Ok and thats gr8 but the hypocrisy is insane....imagine if there was a stereotypical tuff guy guido DJ in nyc who had the fags and trannies kicked out of clubs picked off his lines etc. the scene and city would be in a uproar the guy would be branded a homophobe, meathead, racist and probally wouldnt get a job anywhere. The reason i started this thread is Jr"s crowd is screaming about all the gay bashing on JP"S site Yet they support a guy who openly discriminates against straights!!! Do you hear JP gay bashing ?? never! he even gave a interviex to hx magazine thats coming out this month. The left allways preaches tolerance yet they are the most intolerant of all

So let me get this straight... It's OK for Junior to want to create a world that is just gay for a few hours? So what about a Skinhead/ Klan rally....? Isn't that OK then, I mean according to your reasoning. But It wasn't ok for NYC to want to keep the St.Patricks Parade hetero-sexual. I love the double standard. Imagine JP got on the Mic and said- "I'm not playing another song until all the niggers are off the dance floor". Would anyone say it's "slightly absurd, but laughable" ???? No. He would be run out of town. Or what if he was like- "I want all the Queers off the floor".... It would go over like a fart in church. Bottom line is that Juniors fans will defend the guy over something that if it was reversed would have them all crying out about how they were being discriminated against.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by djgrod

So let me get this straight... It's OK for Junior to want to create a world that is just gay for a few hours? So what about a Skinhead/ Klan rally....? Isn't that OK then, I mean according to your reasoning. But It wasn't ok for NYC to want to keep the St.Patricks Parade hetero-sexual. I love the double standard. Imagine JP got on the Mic and said- "I'm not playing another song until all the niggers are off the dance floor". Would anyone say it's "slightly absurd, but laughable" ???? No. He would be run out of town. Or what if he was like- "I want all the Queers off the floor".... It would go over like a fart in church. Bottom line is that Juniors fans will defend the guy over something that if it was reversed would have them all crying out about how they were being discriminated against.:rolleyes:

:aright: redzinger, you are giving reasons of why its ok for junior to in a way discriminate by referring to woman as "fish" and by going out of his way to make sure his parties are 100% gay.. but then if someone says something you take offense to, oh how wrong is..again double standard..

Originally posted by djgrod

I never said I agree with Junior's policies. In fact, I called them shady. Please re-read what I wrote. I'm not trying to defend Junior. I think he's certainly made mistakes over the course of his career.

To whoever said you don't see Jonathan making anti-gay remarks. There is a saying....you don't bite the hand that feeds you. It would be pretty dumb to make anti gay remarks when the person that signs your paycheck is gay.

The skinhead/Klan rally example makes no sense to me as they are protected under the law. So yes, as much as I disagree with them they are ok. What is the point you are trying to make with that, I'm not following it.

On the St. Patrick's Day Parade. The parade organizers are attampting to completely block gay people from the parade. If you re-read my post I said that straight people would be allowed in but would be the minority element at the party. Not completely banned.

Again, you are all ressurecting the early 90's Junior. This is not the way it is anymore. I have many female friends that come to hear him and are very welcomed into the club.

I personally would like to see these parties equally mixed as those are the crowds I like most. But I also have to say that when I first started going to Twilo and it was heavily gay, it was at a time that I was very uncomfortable with being gay and was able to find acceptance there so I am very thankful for the heavy gay presence there. If you wonder why it is that we have gay bars and clubs it's because it's one of the few places where we can completely let our guard down and not have to worry. Yes, it does become somewhat exclusive because of that but I hope that outsiders could see the need for that.

And let's not forget that when Paris worked the door SF had an EXTREMELY selective door policy. I was on line there once and about 50 guys were told to just get off the line and go home simply because they were guys.

Was the fact that Paris was doing the dirty work for Jonathan really any worse than Junior taking it upon himself.

I think any club has the right to cater to the type of crowd it wants to.

As for the JP scenarios that I put out there- I don't think that you would ever have to worry about that, because JP never did anything like that- nor would I think that he ever would. Say what you want about JP as a DJ or his crowd. I don't think any group ever felt like they weren't welcome @ SF. People may have had a problem with the majority of the crowd there, but not to the point that they felt like they weren't wanted there. I think most people that aren't gay feel unwelcome @ SF now. (that is the group that would even consider going now that JP isn't there) Personally I wouldn't have had a problem going to SF if JP left on his own accord, or if RG was more professional in his handling of the situation. The ad campaign "For men who like men" is also a turn-off for me. Not because of the gay aspect, but because it implies that is the only people that they want there, and that isn't cool. I'm going to miss SF, I think the club itself is as nice as any that I've ever been to, and the sound system is not of this world. Like I said, as a JP fan, I'm not going to be going there ever again..... It wold just be nice to hear Juniors fan base stop whining about tolerance and respect when they can't do it themselves.

As for Paris kicking guys off line... Thats just door policy in NYC, everywhere. Deep did it a few weeks ago when I went there and Avalon does it all the time. Does it make it right? No. I think it's a bullshit policy. Why can't a group of guys go have a night on the town and have some fun? Honestly, I think everyone should have a right to go wherever they want and not be excluded. NYC nightlife is at such a low point now, all these places should be looking to have as many people at their parties as possible. Not turn people away. We should all be partying together. not in little high school cliques.

I'm curious as to whether you are completely against gay nights at any club or if you are just against them at SF.

My point in mentioning Paris was that everyone keeps pointing fingers at Junior and his door selection but it happened at Jonathan's parties, too. Yet I'm being told I have a double standard. What gives? Paris' "I can't do that tonight" sent home many a male and many a non "pretty person." You're right, this does happen at every club. Junior was just 1000 more obnoxious about it. And again, I disagree with his handling of it. But I still believe that a nightclub has the right to be selective in trying to create an atmosphere, whether that atmosphere be completely mixed or geared towards either str8 or gay. Many clubs welcome gay nights because they typically cause less problems with police.

I never said that I'm against gay clubs or gay nights. Cheetah's gay crowd is crazy cool to party with.... I said I wouldn't go to SF w/ Vasquez because of A. The way it went down. I'm a JP fan and I found it insulting and disrespectful to force JP out of a very very sucussful run. If he left on his own terms, thats one thing. But after what he did @ Sf for all those years... to go behind his back was just wrong. And I'm not giving RG any of my $. I know it's not going to affect SF in any way, but I'm not going back there. And B. The fact that this party is geared towards gays and only gays and I don't feel like straight people like myself are welcome there. No matter what anyone says otherwise. The flyer says it all. "For men who like men...."