Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Things I learned this weekend

tinybutterfli

1. Never play 20 questions while cracked out.

2. I should never ever stand anywhere near Tall Paul if I don't want to get a complex.

3. Infusion is from Australia!

4. Taxi drivers in NYC let you pick up hookers.

5. If you think you put a bra on at the begining of the night and around 4:30 aren't wearing it anymore.... don't try to figure out what happened to it. Just move on.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

5. If you think you put a bra on at the begining of the night and around 4:30 aren't wearing it anymore.... don't try to figure out what happened to it. Just move on.

You know... I think number 5 is the only one that applies for me. Except I come home wearing a bra. That must be my red cologne nights. ;)

I learned it takes 2 hours to find anyone other than the person you walked into Roxy with. Of course finding said group might have been easier had they not all been sitting in a corner "messaging" each other :tongue:

I also learned I am much more happy in a lounge than surrounded by 1000 plus screamin, hootin, hollerin, and rollin people - perhaps I'm getting old... :(

Originally posted by sauvee88

I learned it takes 2 hours to find anyone other than the person you walked into Roxy with. Of course finding said group might have been easier had they not all been sitting in a corner "messaging" each other :tongue:

I also learned I am much more happy in a lounge than surrounded by 1000 plus screamin, hootin, hollerin, and rollin people - perhaps I'm getting old... :(

yer ancient. :rolleyes:

j/k :tongue:

it was good to see you this weekend! *wave*

nah dude, it is a bit annoying seeing all the cracked out people in a mega packed club. it took like 10 minutes to get from the sofa area all the way to the bathroom.

Originally posted by vicman

nah dude, it is a bit annoying seeing all the cracked out people in a mega packed club. it took like 10 minutes to get from the sofa area all the way to the bathroom.

and then another 15 min wait in the men's bathroom just to see everyone is waiting in line for the stalls and the urinals are all open... wtf. but yeah, we OWNED that back sofa area, i love it hehe.

Originally posted by rockyblue

yer ancient. :rolleyes:

j/k :tongue:

it was good to see you this weekend! *wave*

:werd:

I enjoyed the Sulli Room much more than Roxy.

Of course this means I have to thank Teriaki for payin...

Wish I could have run into a few more people there but I was a little drunk and tired by 7... perfect time to bid adieux to the sweaty masses.

Originally posted by kken

and then another 15 min wait in the men's bathroom just to see everyone is waiting in line for the stalls and the urinals are all open... wtf. but yeah, we OWNED that back sofa area, i love it hehe.

15 minutes? that's it? i waited close to a half an hour just to get to the stalls. needless to say, i only went once. it was definitely an exercise in bladder control.

it was awesome to see everyone hanging out on the couches. there were like 30 people back there just chillin'. :)

Originally posted by rockyblue

it was awesome to see everyone hanging out on the couches. there were like 30 people back there just chillin'. :)

yeah that was awesome. I could go to the dancefloor and find tons of friends and go back to the couch and find a bunch of friends! I love it!

It actually didn't take me very long to walk through the crowds but honestly I just push my way through (benefit of being small).

It actually didn't take me very long to walk through the crowds but honestly I just push my way through (benefit of being small).

... and a girl

It took me 30 minutes to get through the dancefloor - I kept getting :bigfinge: from half the people and the other half were like :shaky:

:confused: maybe my being dressed up made me look THAT much out of place??

Originally posted by kken

and then another 15 min wait in the men's bathroom just to see everyone is waiting in line for the stalls and the urinals are all open.

yeah . . . i wonder what was going on in the stalls . . . :shaky:

btw, are the bathrooms there now co-ed? i dont remember that being the case before, or even last year, which was the last time i was at the roxy. or it was just because theline to the women's room was so long that they just started going into the mens room? :confused:

... and a girl

It took me 30 minutes to get through the dancefloor - I kept getting :bigfinge: from half the people and the other half were like :shaky:

:confused: maybe my being dressed up made me look THAT much out of place??

its really odd that you found the people to be unfriendly! Whenever I pushed through the crowd and yelled "excuse me" i was usually greeted with a smile. Oh well!

Anyhow, sorry you had a bad time.

Originally posted by vicman

yeah . . . i wonder what was going on in the stalls . . . :shaky:

btw, are the bathrooms there now co-ed? i dont remember that being the case before, or even last year, which was the last time i was at the roxy. or it was just because theline to the women's room was so long that they just started going into the mens room? :confused:

40-1hr wait for women's bathroom i heard so yeah, girls were jumping into the men's line... and what guy is gonna complain about that? lol

its really odd that you found the people to be unfriendly! Whenever I pushed through the crowd and yelled "excuse me" i was usually greeted with a smile. Oh well!

Anyhow, sorry you had a bad time.

I didn't have a bad time. The people were a lot less aggressive than the last time. It's just the difference I've noticed since the first time and the subsequent times I've gone there - I think the appreciation for the music from the crowd has dwindled. Although this time people were a little more into the music - perhaps there will be an upward spiral and I'll enjoy going back there.

Of course this means I have to thank Teriaki for payin...

Hey, no worries! It was great hanging out.

I definitely prefer Sullivan Room over just about anywhere right now. It's never hit or miss... it's always just hit. The first night was cool b/c we were all over the place. The second night was great b/c it was just the four of us talking in our corner table.

Couldn't have spent the night a better way!

I guess the one thing i learned this weekend is ....standing in front of PVD can be hazardous to your mental health

....but so very good for your overall sense of well being..

I started dancing at around 4 ....lost my mind ....woke up outta my tance at 8 and realized that not only was my shirt completely drenched in sweat but my pants had a nice sweat ring from the bottom to the top....

The Roxy felt like a russian bath house from the moment that that i stepped in that joint....