Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Wish List for Nocturnal

johnnyblack

I'm sure regardless of what enyone says here.... at some time, when it opens...

It will be the the Hottest Thing for a While...

but only time will tell if A Crobar~esque club will work Downtown next to the Heavyweight..

Personally, I feel its def time somone did something right, and I am hopefull Nocturnal will Survive!

Knowing who's behind it and who I've already heard as residents... It SOUNDS GOOD!

:hat: Now if a Bro. can get a Job there... instead of HAVEING to leave town..... It would be all GOOD! :laugh:

If this place will have three rooms?

Change up: Fri / Sat.

1) Hard House & Tribal / Trance & other Prog.

2) Hip-Hop / Drum & Bass

3) Deep & Funky House / Latin & Downtempo

My 0.2 Centz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice to have Danny Tenaglia as a monthly resident one saturday every month for a Miami Be Yourself party. :D

It would also be nice to have Yousef as a monthly or bi-monthly resident. That would be different. And for the Iberican sound, why not bring back Chus & Ceballos so they can get the respect they deserve?

B-side, I hear you about the deep house and latin but you and I both know that sound won't fill a big room in Miami just yet. Maybe in VIP?

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Fuel?

yes fuel nerd. it was around for like 3 days. i guess back then u werent the club celebrity you are today:cool:

fuel, nv, exile never had a shot! it all has to do with who runs it and the vison and idea. NOWWW for the first time i see downtown getting really interesting. two solid clubs are set to open. Crobar gang (at the old club space) and Nocturnal.

for sure one will get Edgar V to anchor an after hoursits a logic choice. and there are so many other djs just waiting for a place like this i.e stryke, Ralph Falcon, and Jimmy T for the softer sounds in smaller rooms or patios.

dj and clubs rise together and now u will have two strong clubs. shadow lounge and Space had djs great djs but also had a hell of a supporting cast in its staff.

there are so many guest djs that dont get booked here on a regular basis. CARL COX, SASHA, JOHN DIGWEED, PETE TONG, THE HOOJ COONS PEOPLE, RED JERRY AND QUIVER. all by the way close to someone ahem :rolleyes: i wont say;)

so to all the space bashers u might indeed get ur wish and have legitimate alternative to space.

if not you still have NV:rolleyes: :laugh::blown:

Originally posted by johnnyblack

We all know that OG Miami Reads the board so i, like many others, are anxiously awaiting the opening of Nocturnal Downtown. But i am hoping that if we give them our wish list now we can influence what they do. So how about this one........ Edgar V Afterhours? Every Saturday?

if that happens !!! u know where ill be every saturday/sunday 4 after hrs:D :cool: :cool:

btw ...OMFG !!!! I DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

:laugh: :laugh: :D

Originally posted by sonic1212

Fact # 1 nocturnal team is not that smart first off they fired the contractor cause one of there friends said they can do the job for cheaper. Bad move they came to realize that it was going to cost them a lot more and a lot longer to open because the first contractor owns the plans. First dumb move now, here’s the 2nd they are going to be serving food, did they forget the law that you can’t smoke if you serve food. Well I guess you can smoke in the patio and the place keeps getting smaller and smaller cause of codes and stuff so good luck.

Well Sonic, I guess this is as good a time as any to set this gossip straight. Your "facts" are a little off. We did, in fact fire the contractor. This was NOT done because we got someone to do the job cheaper. We have hired the best contractor in the market for nightclub construction. They are the same firm who built Crobar, Shadow Lounge and most other quality clubs in the area. (Bacchanalia, Bash, Chaos, Crobar Chicago, Crobar Miami, Crobar NYC, Fuel, G-Spot, KGB, Krave, Living Room, Lola, Lush / V Lounge, Opium, Rain, Red, Shadow Lounge, Warsaw Ballroom, Washington Tavern, Wet Willies Ocean Drive, Zen.....all projects either designed or built or both by the new contractor)

As for the price, that was never an issue. I can not say too much about why the change was made because this is sure to be a subject for a court to ultimately decide. I can say that the old contractor was on the job for a year and had every opportunity to do the right thing and if he had, he would still be on the job.

For the record, The project is in much better shape than it has ever been because of the changes we have made. Nocturnal will open in very early 2004 and will be everything you have been expecting.

As for the smoking law; again, you're a little off. We ARE going to have limited food. The smoking ban only applies if 10% or more of your revenue is derived from food. It will not apply.

With those ten posts I'm guessing that you usually post under a different name and decided to use this one because.....well we all know why.

Originally posted by eddieg-soilder

Ofcourse, it will always be direct competition, to say that is not, its to say that each club is playing different kind of music with the INVISIBLE DJS THAT NOONE KNOWS ABOUT.

Its direct competition and LP will be there to fuck with them till the end.

lets face it its WAR.

may the best man win.

i have my money in my pocket....hehehehe

GO NOC GO

Sound more like it to me. These are high investment places.

Points to consider:

1) Competition is good for the consumer.

2) Dade was around without much considerable competition.

3) LP has matured as a club owner, to the point of becoming intolerant of competition.

4) So far: LP1 - Dade 0

5) Crobar

You're absolutely right. Louis has done an amazing job of making a scene where there was once none. He's a tough businessman and fierce competitor. Say what you will, he is to be respected.

The things that have been a part of the evolution of Space belong to him and the people who made those things happen.

Originally posted by koky

if that happens !!! u know where ill be every saturday/sunday 4 after hrs:D :cool: :cool:

btw ...OMFG !!!! I DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!

ill join u in the ambulance omfg edgar v as a resident either i better be comped weekly at nocturnal or ill live very close to space and nocturnal under the bridge cuz ill be broke

cmon guys edgar needs a home

:laugh: :laugh: :D

:D :D

Nocturnal is coming baby. Getting rid of the first contractor was the best thing that could have been done. The time it took to do the work he has done to this point in construction the club should have been built 3 times. That tells you a lot about how good the first contractor is. "CLUELESS ABOUT CONSTRUCTION"

Didn't he build space??? Well there you go. Can you say...STILL NOT UP TO CODE!!!

Get ready for WMC... :party: :party:

Dade is the man!!!

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Sound more like it to me. These are high investment places.

Points to consider:

1) Competition is good for the consumer.

2) Dade was around without much considerable competition.

3) LP has matured as a club owner, to the point of becoming intolerant of competition.

4) So far: LP1 - Dade 0

5) Crobar

1) For sure.

2) At the time, yeah I'll give you that...

3) Aggressive against? Yeah, who isn't? Intolerant? Nah, I think LP realizes the value of competition...and time and time again, OG has said that Nocturnal is not going to directly compete with Space.

4) OK...but Dade held his own against Space for about a year and a half....a valiant fight compared to other Space competitors...I think this time around it will be better :)

5) ... won't make a lick of difference to Nocturnal. crobar's like having a Lexus...it's nice, you really like to drive it, but there's better...Nocturnal's like a McLaren, high-tech, custom-made, and it can flip over at 300 MPH and everyone inside is still happy.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by pod

1) For sure.

2) At the time, yeah I'll give you that...

3) Aggressive against? Yeah, who isn't? Intolerant? Nah, I think LP realizes the value of competition...and time and time again, OG has said that Nocturnal is not going to directly compete with Space.

4) OK...but Dade held his own against Space for about a year and a half....a valiant fight compared to other Space competitors...I think this time around it will be better :)

5) ... won't make a lick of difference to Nocturnal. crobar's like having a Lexus...it's nice, you really like to drive it, but there's better...Nocturnal's like a McLaren, high-tech, custom-made, and it can flip over at 300 MPH and everyone inside is still happy.

Me likes McLaren.

I have a real suggestion/query - are they planning on making the dining a sit down restaurant type place or what? I'd love to have a sushi bar a la Bond Street Lounge there....

Me likes McLaren.

I have a real suggestion/query - are they planning on making the dining a sit down restaurant type place or what? I'd love to have a sushi bar a la Bond Street Lounge there....

No sit down dining. There's a sushi bar on the first floor and we'll have a limited appetizer menu at the tables as well as a "late Night" menu.

Originally posted by ogmiami

No sit down dining. There's a sushi bar on the first floor and we'll have a limited appetizer menu at the tables as well as a "late Night" menu.

who wants to eat while clubbing?...maybe after or before but not while clubbing. :confused:

Guest brwneydtrouble

Not all of us roll, when I drink I get a little hungry and there is dinner at Pearl isn't there? I'm talking about early in the evening.

The smoking law applies if a business derives more than 10% of its overall revenue from food sales. I am SURE thats not going to be the case at Nocturnal.

I think that by serving some food, it gives the club a different feel, its more intimate and all encompassing. People will want to socialize and relax more over wine and an aperitif of prosciutto and fresh fruit, or sake wine and sushi.

Originally posted by pod

This I don't understand...why isn't going to be Nocturnal direct competition for Space???

If they are going to cater to the Prive/Opium/Pearl crowd yes I'd agree but if they are going to be bringing good DJs like John Diwgeed, Carl Cox or who knows who else then Nocturnal IS going to be direct competition to Space unless they stick to the Cedric Gervais's or Ivano Bellini's kinda DJs.

We'll see.

Not all of us roll, when I drink I get a little hungry and there is dinner at Pearl isn't there? I'm talking about early in the evening.

The smoking law applies if a business derives more than 10% of its overall revenue from food sales. I am SURE thats not going to be the case at Nocturnal.

I think that by serving some food, it gives the club a different feel, its more intimate and all encompassing. People will want to socialize and relax more over wine and an aperitif of prosciutto and fresh fruit, or sake wine and sushi.

I like going to a real restaurant for food not eating inside a club unless the room in the club has a lounge kinda feel instead of the boom! boom! boom!...something like Tantra or Touch inside Nocturnal would be nice...then after that go to the main room and party your ass off.

Again, we'll see.... I will support this venue.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by laliux

This I don't understand...why isn't going to be Nocturnal direct competition for Space???

If they are going to cater to the Prive/Opium/Pearl crowd yes I'd agree but if they are going to be bringing good DJs like John Diwgeed, Carl Cox or who knows who else then Nocturnal IS going to be direct competition to Space unless they stick to the Cedric Gervais's or Ivano Bellini's kinda DJs.

We'll see.

Their sound and style will be TOTALLY different than what Space is providing. Construction, materials, equipment will blow Space outta the water. Nocturnal will be taking Miami clubbing to another level and even though they aren't meaning to, will surpass Space. That in my opinion means that there is NO competition.

Hands down.

Originally posted by laliux

I like going to a real restaurant for food not eating inside a club unless the room in the club has a lounge kinda feel instead of the boom! boom! boom!...something like Tantra or Touch inside Nocturnal would be nice...then after that go to the main room and party your ass off.

Again, we'll see.... I will support this venue.

thats cool then you will love nocturnal because you won't be going there to eat you will going to get down and if in the course of the night while you are getting down you get hungry.. then you can stroll over and down a quick appetizer to tide you over and SHAZZZAAAAMMM you are good to go!