Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dealing with ......

thrillfire

How do you deal with your ex, in regards to your bf/gf feelings and how does your current bf or gf deal with them (your ex) and you?

Just wondering if any of you had sagnificant others befriend your exes.... or if you're friends with your ex and he or she doesn't like it, do you still keep in touch?

My ex wanted me to be friends with his current. He thought it would be a good idea for all of us to be friends. Fool. I knew it wouldn't work, but I agreed to meet her. I did it for him even though I knew it would kill me. Met her, played it cool for a while. By the end of the night I was in tears. I think the only way for this to work is if enough time has passed and there aren't emotions involved anymore.

Originally posted by sexxyme

Why in the world would anyone want to be friends with their exs current bf/gf???:confused:

I guess if you are still friends with your ex and you start dating someone...would you want your new boyfriend/girlfriend to be friends with your ex? Or would you stop being friends with your ex for your new boyfriend/girlfriend? Also, if you continue to be good friends with your ex but don't try to get your new boyfriend/girlfriend to be friends with him/her that might seem shady.

:confused: I don't know if this even made sense to myself

Originally posted by nybeauty

well in my sitaution my ex and i stayed as friends but recently he got upset w/ me and now we arent friends, idk but for some reason it never works out to be friends w/ ur ex :(

exactly...I've been broken up with my ex for almost a year now. We still stay in touch pretty often on the phone but we haven't seen each other since Valentine's Day. Every once in a while we will get into stupid arguments where we say we can't talk anymore.

so basically we still fight like as if we are a couple minus the sex. what the fuck :banghead:

Originally posted by nomembername

exactly...I've been broken up with my ex for almost a year now. We still stay in touch pretty often on the phone but we haven't seen each other since Valentine's Day. Every once in a while we will get into stupid arguments where we say we can't talk anymore.

so basically we still fight like as if we are a couple minus the sex. what the fuck :banghead:

that's exactly what would happen w/ us, we would argue on the phone about what we did wrong in the relationship and y it ended, blahh blahh blahh

even on AIM we would argue! :blank:

You live in Statin Island now right? I use to work for the Board of Ed as a custodial engineer (janitor:D) at I.S. 7 on Highland Blvd. and Huguenot Ave.

lol, i went to IS 49 then to tottenville hs :D

oh btw weren't u suppose to send me a pic of u :shaky:

ive been in relationships before where my my current partner didnt like the fact that i was friends with my ex's. idk if was just a general dislike or a dislike b/c of the actual ex... who knows. all i know is that, an ex is an ex for a reason to me... there usually is no plan to get back together... so i am able to see passed that and be friends (sometimes - depending on the person and the breakup) i dont think insecurity is warranted in that aspect of the relationship b/c if there was any desire left for that person and i really wanted to be back with my ex(s) i would be back together with them and it wouldnt even be an issue. the fact that we broke up, are NOT together, and im currently with YOU for example, isnt that enough proof that theres NOTHING there anymore?

idk... sure there can be jealousy issues and little insecurities but if u know ur partner well enough and u know the situation btwn him/her and their ex(s) then it should be ok for them to be friends. and in my experience, the friendship is never that close anyway.

I got a strange situation, cause my ex keeps in touch with me every three months by phone and we never fought and been friends pretty much since I broke up with him but it becomes very complicated when my current bf's ex pops out of nowhere and starts hanging out with my bf and calling him and everytime I want to do something with my male friends he threatens me with hanging out with her... and I tell him when my ex calls and everything cause he gets upset if i don't. but i find out she called him a bunch of times from looking at his cell...

but its not a major thing now as it was back when i was away.

Originally posted by thrillfire

everytime I want to do something with my male friends he threatens me with hanging out with her...

and I tell him when my ex calls and everything cause he gets upset if i don't. but i find out she called him a bunch of times from looking at his cell...

1.) Your boyfriend sounds like an immature dick for threatening you with that bullshit

2.) Sounds like you were getting played.

No offense and what do I know...I'm just a guy :D

Originally posted by nybeauty

2 things i cant stand about lil boys is

1. so damn imature

2. jealous all the time of everything

3. not self confident

4. questioning every little thing u do and y u did it :mad:

I hope you don't (and from most of your posts it sounds like you don't) put up with that bullshit because each of those things you just mentioned on it's own is enough not to be with somebody.

Being mature...well obviously you need someone who is mature

Jealousy, I have come to realize is one of the worst qualities a person can have...you need to have complete trust in order for a relationship to work (which goes along with your # 4 as well)

And if you don't have self confidence then it's kind of hard to love and be proud of someone else for there accomplishments.

;)

I hope you don't (and from most of your posts it sounds like you don't) put up with that bullshit because each of those things you just mentioned on it's own is enough not to be with somebody.

Being mature...well obviously you need someone who is mature

Jealousy, I have come to realize is one of the worst qualities a person can have...you need to have complete trust in order for a relationship to work (which goes along with your # 4 as well)

And if you don't have self confidence then it's kind of hard to love and be proud of someone else for there accomplishments.

;)

my last exp was like that and believe me i tried so hard to work the relationship but it just didnt work

right now im single and thinking ima stay like that for awhile :(

yeah, i dont deal with ex's either... i dont think it is important to keep friendships with old flames, so what you banged and you didnt get along, why stay friends?

whenever i date another guy they try to throw shit like this is my face. they say "OH I BET YOU WERE OUT WITH YOUR BOYS...", like i keep in touch with all these guys from the past. when i look back i realize i never gave a shit about any of the people from the past, i just thought i did at the time :laugh: if that makes any sense.

if i never speak to or hear from any single one of my ex's again i wouldnt feel bad about it at all.

i think guys who throw ex's in your face are insecure & i find that behavior needy and annoying.

I cannot get along with my ex... at all...... We've broken up before and everytime we break up we do not talk at all... This is just how we were... Staying friends with an ex is just hard in general, specially if u dating them for 4 yrs... like what do u talk about u know...... i just dont think its healthy..... As far as current gf/bf dealing with ur ex from the past.. I dunno I am yet to discover that chapter... but as it turns out my ex is a fuccin nut who went on clubplanet under my name one day at 9 am and decided to post on a music board that im gay..... Sad to find out that after all these years u've been dating a psycho and u only find out when ur not togther what kinda of a lunatic u've been with.... Also funny how after u break up and a certain time period passes u start asking urself what i was doing with that person in the 1st place and start to regret all the time u've waisted.. Not even in the sense that u could have been single, but u could have been with someone Much better and it really takes that next person to realize all the faults u saw in ur ex.

Originally posted by thrillfire

I got a strange situation, cause my ex keeps in touch with me every three months by phone and we never fought and been friends pretty much since I broke up with him but it becomes very complicated when my current bf's ex pops out of nowhere and starts hanging out with my bf and calling him and everytime I want to do something with my male friends he threatens me with hanging out with her... and I tell him when my ex calls and everything cause he gets upset if i don't. but i find out she called him a bunch of times from looking at his cell...

but its not a major thing now as it was back when i was away.

Not to pry or plant seeds of doubt... but didn't you once write on here about problems with your bf and his ex? That they were getting back together, or something? This was before you moved back home.