Clubplanet Nightlife Community

John Acquaviva at Privilege Club

privilege637

We expect to see you this Friday Nov 28 at We Love Techno event featuring John Acquaviva alongside Resident DJ Beto Cerutti.

On Saturday November 29nd at night featuring resident Djs Beto Cerutti and Armand from Grooveman Music.

Doors open from 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM.

Free entry before 12:00 am

For gust list writte info@privilegeclubmiami.com

For reservations call 305 695 9909

www.privilegeclubmiami.com

Info@privilegeclubmiami.com

Originally posted by b-side

Hopefully now that all the HYPE is over..

I will finally check out this place...

and give an HONEST review... :tongue: ... from all standpoints.

I hear that....

Def lookin fwd to acquaviva's set... It'll be a serious rundown from house to techno!! he'll tear it down :D

peace.

mp3.- :smoke:

Hope you all had a good thanksgiving...and your desert will be served tonight courtesty of Mr. John Acquaviva. For those of you who haven't checked out the club yet because techno isn't your cup of tea here your chance to see a true master in action. Don't forget there is no cover before 12am so you have no excuses.

Hope to see you all there !:)

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Their guests have been starting at midnight the past two weeks.

MIsstress started at 2 last week................i hope acquaviva starts earlier. ..................gotta drop lil bro off at the airport.

Last I heard he was playing later than normal.... but who knows what time that actually is....:confused:

I just hope John Plays like he's in another Country...

His sets outside of the U.S. are twice as good as anything I've seen inside :dj:

and I've only witnessed one bad set in over 5 years...:blank:

OKay...all I have to say is that John was incredible of course, but the club was not even close to being half full and it got worse as the night went on. I finally left around 3:30 and there was maybe a handfull of people actually dancing. Sad to say it, but seems like this one might meet the fate of a lot of other clubbs that have tried this in the past. That or Miami is fucking cluelses as to what great music really is....I can agree with some on the techno thing not being for everyone....but this was John Acquaviva! The man is a master of his trade and has been pushing the envelope for over 20 years.

The Beto guy was actually pretty good...he only tried to scratch 3 times....and yes not so good....but his mixing skills are actually really good.

One thing is they need to kick the bass down just a tiny bit....or not have the opener bang it out so hard....it was worlds of difference when John got up there.....one word....Fidelity! His sound was just so more pronounced and clear....pristine.

Guest saleen351

i'd say the club lost money on every party... it's only a matter of time until the end is near... But you'll have marcos come on here and say i'm wrong bla bla bla.... Every thing on earth is governed by supply and demand. The club scene is extremely elastic thus Privilage will more than likey try and hang on threw wmc, but I doubt it will make it past jan when nocturnal opens up....

Originally posted by saleen351

i'd say the club lost money on every party... it's only a matter of time until the end is near... But you'll have marcos come on here and say i'm wrong bla bla bla.... Every thing on earth is governed by supply and demand. The club scene is extremely elastic thus Privilage will more than likey try and hang on threw wmc, but I doubt it will make it past jan when nocturnal opens up....

After last night, it is very hard to argue with you.

Why did they have John on a Friday night? :confused:

They just started their weekly Saturday night Techno party like two weeks ago. You can't expect most people to show up on both Friday and Saturday night just yet, especially when you've just started building a new night with a sound that isn't as popular in Miami as House or Trance. You probably would have gotten the same turnout if you'd done a Breakbeat club in South Beach. People would show up on the opening Saturday night if it was Icey, but how many people would have then shown up the following FRIDAY night for the Plump DJs?

All you Techno heads need to figure out whether there are enough people who'd support a Techno club every weekend, or every Saturday night, or even on a monthly basis.

Hate to say it, but right now it seems like if you want to continue hearing quality music on Sat nights, you should actually encourage the promoters/owners of Privilege to start a cheesy (Hip Hop?) or Mainstream night on Fridays (classics maybe?). If they can make a good profit on some nights, they'll be able to continue supporting Techno, until hopefully a solid consistent support from clubbers is there.

The first 3 records john drop were from another decade .. just amazing music and I thought he wasn't going to play a record from this decade all night .. but he did and they were good, but its hard to play to a small room when there's such a small amount of people. I just hope they can continue to keep this going and that people in miami decide to check out something different. No issues at the door. Opening dj was a bit too hard for my liking but I guess to each their own. Other than the first 3 tracks .. Psilko Garden by Alex Dolby (french kiss 2003 soundalike) was my favorite record of teh night. Good to finally meet matik and his girl and to see lyrik/eric/bside and armando. :)

See you all in 2 weeks for Christian Smith.

Originally posted by saleen351

You are right Saleen. I didn't go so I can't say much more than it was a Friday. Every booking they have after this weekend is on Saturday. That is a huge difference IMO. Even with the negative reviews they received on opening nite. Great job.

Give it the time you need to give to it.