Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey, can the Greek people help me out?

I'm looking for 18+ clubs playing Greek music as well as a mix of maybe R&B/hip hop, but Greek dance music most important. I've read previous posts mentioning places like World, Amnesia and Plato's, but what's the character at each (crowd, atmosphere, music, etc.) and which are really the best ones?

Originally posted by hotchickGreek

Oops, I forgot to mention on thing. I was checking out a website for DNA and it mentioned 21 on Saturday nights? I'm planning to go out on Saturday, so I need 18+ for then. Or was that a mistake? (Calling clubs is pointless because they never pick up their phones.)

Fridays and Sat nights @ DNA are 18 to party 21 to drink or so they say ;)

u can check out a place on ditmars in the laguardia shopping mall called REMI its a nice CITY life feel to it.

How about zodiac? I've heard from some cousins that they have good food and also good dance music, but I don't know how much to trust them LOL.

ZODIAC is more of a cafe lounge type of place with LIVE BAND on the weekends.... food is pretty good too! Just like everyone else recommended CAVO, CAPRICE those are 21 and over places but are good to check out! Across the street from ZODIAC is BYZANTIO another cafe! :D

Originally posted by djplasma

ZODIAC is more of a cafe lounge type of place with LIVE BAND on the weekends.... food is pretty good too! Just like everyone else recommended CAVO, CAPRICE those are 21 and over places but are good to check out! Across the street from ZODIAC is BYZANTIO another cafe! :D

Zodiac and Byzantio are a block and a half from my place......Those places are better in the summer along with Athens Cafe and Plaza........actually Zodiac is all old people. The thing is those are more like Greek hangouts rather than clubs.

Remi is a good place to check out...if you're a hot Greek chick you'll fit right in

I went to Notes last night, as per DJPlasma's recommendation, and for my first Astoria club, I was quite pleased! :D The music was great to dance too, the crowd was definitely into it, admittedly the place was rather small, and the cigarette smoke wasn't great, but I'm sort of used to that anyway, being that most Greek social events are like that. :tongue: I definitely enjoyed it though, and recommend it (after 12 though, because it's pretty dead before then).

I'm looking for 18+ clubs playing Greek music as well as a mix of maybe R&B/hip hop, but Greek dance music most important. I've read previous posts mentioning places like World, Amnesia and Plato's, but what's the character at each (crowd, atmosphere, music, etc.) and which are really the best ones?

Go to Astoria---

Caprice, Cavo & Life

Take my word on this =o)

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Zodiac and Byzantio are a block and a half from my place......Those places are better in the summer along with Athens Cafe and Plaza........actually Zodiac is all old people. The thing is those are more like Greek hangouts rather than clubs.

Remi is a good place to check out...if you're a hot Greek chick you'll fit right in

Good looking out, Stevie boy!:tongue:

Dont bother with DNA...kiddie club...but then again, ur 18, so u might enjoy it. I wouldnt know, never been there.

You must however, check out Caprice and Life and Cavo on Thursdays and Satardays. You can also go to Centro, but they have an older crowd, I don't know if they'll let you in. Bring an ID with someone that looks like you. Shouldn't be a problem.

Wherever you'll go, you'll have fun. :)

Oh, I think Eugene's also has Valeradiko parties there once a month. Go on their website to check it out.