Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Javier Vasquez

captainpec

Thats the counter for the Red Sox picking up Schilling that actually has some sort of effect.......and I'm sorry, Sheffield is not gonna make a heck of a lot of difference.

Its gonna be interesting to see if the Yankees keep Pettite........if they do they got a solid staff and one that rivals the Sox' Pedro, Curt, and Lowe. Mussina, Pettite, and Vazquez would match right up there with the Sox' staff......if they dont keep Pettite, the Yankees only have two legit starters. And it doesnt matter how much of a die hard Yankee fan you are......Contreras IS NOT a real deal starter.

Vasquez is a STUD and will be for some time , Im just not happy that the Ynanks caved in without getting the same window to resign him to a deal the way the sox dsid w/ schilling

ANd yes CONtreras is the real deal ...you will see

Why do you think THeo and the boys went so hard after him last year and had and absolute fit when the Yanks got him?

If it would numb the pain of losing Andy(which i still dont think will happpen)

YOUll be happy to know Andy is a true Yankee as he flat turned down The redsox offer of 4 yr 54 mill

which Theo offered prior to them going hard after Schilling

Originally posted by bxbomb

If it would numb the pain of losing Andy(which i still dont think will happpen)

YOUll be happy to know Andy is a true Yankee as he flat turned down The redsox offer of 4 yr 54 mill

which Theo offered prior to them going hard after Schilling

Yes...That numbs the pain a lil bit...hehehe

but I would still prefer to see him in pinstripes rather than any other uniform...

Originally posted by bxbomb

Vasquez is a STUD and will be for some time , Im just not happy that the Ynanks caved in without getting the same window to resign him to a deal the way the sox dsid w/ schilling

ANd yes CONtreras is the real deal ...you will see

Why do you think THeo and the boys went so hard after him last year and had and absolute fit when the Yanks got him?

no contreras is not a stud......he did well in the dominican like everyone else does and the reason he was coveted was the hype surrounding him as being the next El Duke. He came here and found out that everyone and their mother can catch up to a 94 mph fastball and became nothing better than a 8 million dollar middle reliever (great move Georgey, great move.....you really showed them blow sox)

Originally posted by djjonstephen

no contreras is not a stud......he did well in the dominican like everyone else does and the reason he was coveted was the hype surrounding him as being the next El Duke. He came here and found out that everyone and their mother can catch up to a 94 mph fastball and became nothing better than a 8 million dollar middle reliever (great move Georgey, great move.....you really showed them blow sox)

Ok here we go firrst of all i said he was the real deal I didnt say stud.. Vasquez is a stud , Contreras is the real deal as a STARTER , not what JOe had to use him in the playoffs as a reliever.

And his stuff is as nasty as advertised just look at the games where he was effective he was untouchable, followed up witha few stinkers which came the very next day , Starters dont do well pitchin back to back days.

Second of all if you were following the whole situation where The sox manangement went hard after this so called"middle reliever" from CUBA! not the dominincan republic you would also know that the redsox offered him more money and Jose said no thanks Ill go with a winner..you would also know that every orginization with deep latin american scouting had him rated as the best pitcher in amateur baseball in the world

slow down with the vasquez is a stud theory...........has alot of talent but has always been mediocre...........i know how all you yankee fans think cause he landed on your team that all of a sudden hes a stud........only time will tell