Clubplanet Nightlife Community

your best clubbing xperience

Not sure if anyone posted about somethin like this b4 but i thought i'd interesting to see what ppl would have to say. Basically, what was your best time at a club, where, when, who was spinning, that kinda stuff ... what made it one of the best nites ever. Share your story mofos.

For me it was wen pvd spun @ the roxy last yr ... had a blast... met up with some HS friends that i hadn't seen in years, music was great... awesome crowd. Also, it was the first time some of my friends went clubbin with me, i introduced them to trance music & they've loved it since.

no sig required

best clubbing experience was the first time i went to ibiza in july 2002 on the terrace at space...this year when i went it had to be seeing Danny Howells at DC 10 and Roger Sanchez later that night at Pacha...unreal....then again i thikn its just being in Ibiza that was sick....the place is magical...in the US ive had plenty of sick nights that i cant even remember most of them...PvD at Twilo September 2000 was up there though

Freedom afterhours in July of 98.

Dj Rob James was on the one and twos, and dropped the nastiest anthems all morning and afternoon.

Totally unhindered, unrestricted underground vibe that will never exist again. The only time and place where I ever felt such a great vibe again was a few months later at the Tunnel in the summer of the same year.

the best clubbing experience i had was at octagon in november of 99.. it was my first party.. i was watching x-dream spin and he dropped Binary finary (matt darey mix) absolutely amazing... almost bought a tear to my eye... what an awesome experience.. since that night i've been hooked on trance dj's

PVD at Twilo in 1999 (wasn't that a given? <=oP )

Met up w/ 2 cuties I picked up the previous weekend (forgot who was DJing that weekend), went to Twilo... met 3 other cuties inside the club... bouncing from one to another every so often throughout the whole night... got some numbers... went home and woke up Sunday night... <=oP

Man... now I'm a hermit... aint that some shit... very outgoing and friendly and met mad people back in 99-00 and now I don't do jack shit but go home every day after work... although I'm hitting up Nation in LI tonight for Eddie Baez... anyone wanna meet up there?

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=197339

Also.. it seems that everybody's best clubbing experience was in the late 90's... guess that's proof right there that the clubbing scene isn't what it used to be... <=oT

hmm, though i would chip in here>

now, i have seen dance floors all over the world, and i have been involved in ny since prob 88'

i think the most Recent night that took me by surprise was, the 718 party at deep last week. we got there kinda early n hung out, up-stairs, for a bit and had a few drinks, later at around 10, i walked to the dance floor, and saw soooooo many HOuse heads getting DOWN!, and i mean DOWN!!, its so nice to see smiles on peoples faces, and attitude all focused on there dancing, AND EVERYONE JUST FUCKING LOOSING IT! and people were nice!

WOW there are nice people there!

smiles, and fags and straights and queens n gals n juice, all getting down, to some of the yummiest beats.......

That being said>

from the past> best night was 92......the summer of 92, wed night at disco 2000, THAT WAS the EPICENTER of THE WORLD!

i could not describe the crazy shit i was involved in back then, and how much fun it was! lol but with everything fun, comes trouble, and i think alot of kids in 92 found the TROUBLE, lol

oly

2 winters ago. @ SF. JP spinning. It was when Going Thru It was just getting big. I was walking upstairs from the dancefloor. Feeling ab-so-lutely no pain. I was looking at this awe-inspiring girl, who kept looking back at me, which was making me rather uncomfortable because she was leaning on her awe-inspiringly large boyfriend and we both heard it at the same time- Whhhh.Whhhhh. Whhhhh. Going Thru It coming in.... The whole place just absolutely erupts. Me and the girl just smile at each other... and laugh. Absolute insanity. I'm gonna miss that place.

Originally posted by 511w28thst

remember Save the Robots?,

father chris's after hours..(i forgot the name)

scottos NASA PARTY?

never went to those...

the first place I ever went to was Limelight like 1992 or something like that...then Palladium in 1994

Then I went to Twilo 2 weeks after it opened up....Funny story...an old friend of mine was like, "Yo, you gotta go to this new club that opened up in SF old space...its named Twillow, pronouncing it as it would rhyme with the word "PILLOW"

So for like 2 months of me going there,....I would call the place Twillow!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whistle 2, back in 1999-- thouands of people, amazing vibe, talented djs, i think that was the night that sucked me into the scene..I can remember just being dumbfounded at all the talent and energy going on in that place...

more recently club-wise I would have to say JP at SF Dec 01 (Djgrod--it might have been the same night?) Me and my friends were bar hopping that night and about 4am we decided that we didn't want to go home and that the night should continue, so we went to SF, and it was insane!! I've heard JP spin before but that night was amazing-- his mixing was impeccable and track after track he just got better ad better. I know "like a prayer" is sooo played out but he spun like a 20 minute remix of that song that was to die for. The lights matched the bass beats and the whole place was just flashing to the music. it was one of those few and far between moments when you can close your eyes and feel the music going through you. it was heaven. everyone was into it and there was even a guy in a wheel chair in the middle of the dancefloor that was doing the best he could to get down to the music.. incredible vibe that u don't see too often. :)

has to be Roger Sanchez @ Pacha this summer... I can't even describe how good a night this was. He kept me dancing the entire night non-stop. We were there from open till close. Had dinner @ the restaurant @ the club... found a spot up on the balocony area in VIP and dance my ass off all night...

Originally posted by pumavisor808

has to be Roger Sanchez @ Pacha this summer... I can't even describe how good a night this was. He kept me dancing the entire night non-stop. We were there from open till close. Had dinner @ the restaurant @ the club... found a spot up on the balocony area in VIP and dance my ass off all night...

ill second thata one...actually i already did in my first post on the first page of this thread....i went to Pacha 4 nights out of 6 that i was there...Rogers night was by insane...best night i had down there was Underwater on Tuesdays...Darren played a mind blowing set...i ate at the restaurant on wednesday for Subliminal which was one of the worst nights ever...Morillo and Deep Dish just sucked...the highlight of Sanchez's night had to be when he closed out with Another Chance...the place went bananas

Originally posted by joecrack13

ill second thata one...actually i already did in my first post on the first page of this thread....i went to Pacha 4 nights out of 6 that i was there...Rogers night was by insane...best night i had down there was Underwater on Tuesdays...Darren played a mind blowing set...i ate at the restaurant on wednesday for Subliminal which was one of the worst nights ever...Morillo and Deep Dish just sucked...the highlight of Sanchez's night had to be when he closed out with Another Chance...the place went bananas

have to agree about Pacha... by far the best club n the Island.. We went 3 nights, Roger Sanchez and Subliminal and, Pete Tong & Sasha...

The subliminal night wasn't the best music wise... We ended up spending most of the night on the terrace w/ all our new friends we met @ Sanchez on Monday... but then again the night of Subliminal was def. the most fucked up I got the whole week.

2ibiza023.jpg

bout two january's ago wen Tony Draper came back to Exit,it was fuckin ridiculous!! We had been plannin on goin to Exit for months but stuff always came up,so goin that night it was madd amped up and expectations were high(and so were we,did E for the first time,2 pills at that!)...Draper came on at around 3am,man it was crazy...Everyone was just chantin his name and they had the spotlight on em,and then the lights wen out and all of a sudden u hear "Children of the darkness,Step into the light",and then he stopped it,crowd went nutz!!! then the lights started flashin and the music started pumpin night was amazin...whole weekend was great!